Finsit

Harder Better Faster Cheater
Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
Same for me but when i wanted to play this patch i couldn't even start the game without getting an error. After deleting everything game related, even save games, and unzipping it new i can play completly fine without any error.
As a rule of thumb for Ren'Py always start with a fresh game.

And if the saves are not stored in two places as it is on Windows, them copy the saves.

But if you are on Windows then always delete the previous game an start anew. The saves are stored on AppData too. So if you don't see your saves then that means that they are not compatible. That way you will save you a good deal of issues.

Goblinfart

May 29, 2017

And if the saves are not stored in two places as it is on Windows, them copy the saves.

But if you are on Windows then always delete the previous game an start anew. The saves are stored on AppData too. So if you don't see your saves then they b means that they are not compatible. That way you will save you a good deal of issues.
How do i find the save files on windows?

Ric

Oct 21, 2016
one last question. should i rename the folder and where in the game file do i put it? Thanks/
Folder is created automatically when you save
Saves are on the C drive and in the game folder
Saves on the C drive remain after deleting the game
The name of the folder with the game saves is better not to change (C:\Users\%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\"name of the game")
It is recommended to enter C drive either to find the old save or to clear (delete) the save.
The saving itself can be renamed (for example, 60 rename to 1).
If you need to load a save, make sure it is compatible with the new version. The necessary saving can be placed in the folder with the game itself (d:\"name of the game"\game\saves\) and downloaded from there.
for example
1.Saves (main game folder)
d:\"name of the game"\game\saves\
2. Saves (to drive C)
C:\Users\%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\"name of the game"

You can change the name only for the main folder with the game (1.), but not on drive C (2.)

Finsit

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
@Ric @Goblinfart

But for DD I make sure to change the save folder name on AppData when I brake save compatibility, that way when you extract a new version and wipe the old game folder if you see your files that means you should be able to play with it.

Carpe Stultus

Engaged Member
Sep 30, 2018

But if you are on Windows then always delete the previous game an start anew. The saves are stored on AppData too. So if you don't see your saves then that means that they are not compatible. That way you will save you a good deal of issues.
I know that they are also in the AppData's but i decided to "install" the game fresh to not risk it bugging out again, which was most likely because i gave myself to much stuff with the console before.

Finsit

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
@Finsit
Any idea when the next build will come out?
I do have an idea when, it will come in the future.

Now if you want a precision, I'm afraid I don't have any.

Jan is pretty much a black box, you put food, water and air in it and it gives you content of the other end. To be perfectly clear I'm not implying that he urinates, defecates, nor exhales his content, it just magically appears after a series of seemingly random gestures some could misinterpreted as perfectly ordered.
There is no telling if and when something will come out of him.

Reactions: saintvermillion

Straze

Jun 10, 2017
Jan is pretty much a black box, you put food, water and air in it and it gives you content of the other end. To be perfectly clear I'm not implying that he urinates, defecates, nor exhales his content, it just magically appears after a series of seemingly random gestures some could misinterpreted as perfectly ordered.
There is no telling if and when something will come out of him.
That's an interesting way to describe the creative process, LMAO. Thanks for the info.

Besides the preview image, does anyone have access to what Jan said in the latest Patreon post?

Raishiel

Mar 22, 2018
I keep getting this error when i try to open the game after attempting to enable the Console.

"I'm sorry, but errors were detected in your script. Please correct the
errors listed below, and try again.

File "renpy/common/00console.rpy", line 108: invalid syntax
config.console = True config.console_history_size = 100
^

Ren'Py Version: Ren'Py 6.99.14.3.3347
Fri Dec 07 23:09:29 2018"

All i did was change the False to True, but I can't tell if what may have gone wrong.

Can someone with more knowledge on these scripts provide a little assistance?

Finsit

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
For those who wonder .

must put animation in game ..the static images is borring
None of us is animator.
And we all know how much animation can look bad, don't we ?

So I really think it's for the best that we don't delve into depths that we really should leave alone.

I keep getting this error when i try to open the game after attempting to enable the Console.

--snip--

All i did was change the False to True, but I can't tell if what may have gone wrong.

I would say do yourself a favor and use (or for ) scripts to activate the console.

Reactions: Scaron

cklaubur

Apr 2, 2018

"I'm sorry, but errors were detected in your script. Please correct the
errors listed below, and try again.

File "renpy/common/00console.rpy", line 108: invalid syntax
config.console = True config.console_history_size = 100
^

Ren'Py Version: Ren'Py 6.99.14.3.3347
Fri Dec 07 23:09:29 2018"

Are "config.console = True" and "config,console_history_size = 100" still on separate lines? It's easy to remove the line break when changing "False" to "True", and Python (the programming language Ren'py uses) is very sensitive to that.

Raishiel

Mar 22, 2018
Are "config.console = True" and "config,console_history_size = 100" still on separate lines? It's easy to remove the line break when changing "False" to "True", and Python (the programming language Ren'py uses) is very sensitive to that.
I honestly don't know, as i use my computer's basic notepad to open .rpy files. It's entirely possible i removed the line break without realizing it. And I have no idea how to place it back with notepad. I think it'll be safer to just redownload the .Rar and extract the .rpy from there to get the game working again first. Then I'll get that Unren thing Finsit mentioned. Thank you both for replying. Hopefully I won't make such a mistake again

96jdk

Jun 12, 2017
Anyone know the console commands i saw the first post but they don't seem to do anything in my game

Babyfacedbull

Nov 9, 2017
I honestly don't know, as i use my computer's basic notepad to open .rpy files. It's entirely possible i removed the line break without realizing it. And I have no idea how to place it back with notepad. I think it'll be safer to just redownload the .Rar and extract the .rpy from there to get the game working again first. Then I'll get that Unren thing Finsit mentioned. Thank you both for replying. Hopefully I won't make such a mistake again
Also, in the future use Notepad++ instead of the basic notepad. Makes things so much easier to see as far as line breaks and such.

4.10 star(s) 58 Votes