eumeme

Jun 22, 2017
So... Finished a whole chapter, with zero decisions or interaction. I mean, if it's a game, why am I just flipping through pages? I haven o problem with HTML games as long as they let you play them to some degree. Are there any choices that i'm somehow missing?

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
@eumeme Yes, the choices you missed start in Ch 4 and will continue growing until Ch 20.

EDIT: To expand for those new to my work, my interactive novels are things of real substance, not just "fap" material. That's easy enough to come by all over the internet. My projects often have 200k or more words, and the way choices are made vary from title to title as I try new things or set things up in a way that makes the most sense to me. So, do beware! If you are looking for something with "Naughty Points" and "Angel Points" and then with little substance behind it, you are fapping away at a lady wearing the "red" cocktail dress instead of the "white" cocktail dress, that is fine and well and works for those devs and their titles. I am by no means belittling any such things, but my stories do not work like that at all, I think.

Karaghul

Jun 12, 2018
It`s just book with pictures. Remove this $xNt and return only when it becomes a game.

hyco2

Sep 15, 2017
Hmmm, so i seem to have lost all potions and stuff, and still can't find shit. My fault or bug?
noway.png

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
@hyco2 I will be writing a guide for the game when I finish it, but I shall tell you:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

This first monster hunt is probably going to be the easiest. My next one, in the caverns, will require mixing search with items. Anyway, I hope that helps you!

Reactions: dbp5ca and hyco2

hyco2

Sep 15, 2017
Thanks.

This is helping me, although maybe not in the way you intended. It means, I'll have to comb and search mechanically, because logic won't help me. And I don't play russian qsp-games because of the grind, and will not play this, then. I prefer good, original stories, and things that are solveable by a smart lazy person. And tits and ass, of course ;)
I wish you success for your game.

(btw, in my test I did search and visit every damn field on the raster, too. As I have no potions, because they disappered, I could not kill all monsters, which I am aware may be a target of a monster hunt. Still, I am no fan of extermination, even vitual.)

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
It's quite alright! Everyone has their own tastes! None of my other projects work like this one, so you may fancy giving one of them a try, and if not, I wish you well!

Edit: And, I think I might be able to make this where one can skip the monster fights entirely, now that you mention that. Slight interactions with certain NPC's might be a tad confusing, but it would make this flow like my other projects for those that do not want the gameplay challenge. Yes, I think I shall! My Aka Manah character from Phantom: Revenge might just make this possible. He could allow a person to skip all the hunts, but they won't get all the character unlocks or the "true ending", yes, makes for a quicker game though for those that don't care as much. Yes, yes... *rubs glowing sharp claws together in anticipation*

dbp5ca

Donor
Mar 13, 2017
Thanks for the tip about the chasm. I also noticed that moving through the mountain was much faster playing this most recent version than the previous one (previous one lagged when entering every new hex). Final fight was a bitch but
Can't wait for chapter 5. One item that doesn't seem to be working in this current iteration is the "artifact" link on the left above the inventory. Everything else was smooth and worked great.

I noticed above where you mention about players reading your stories / games just as fiction and I can admit that I love the lore that you've woven into all of your offerings. Having a shared world (with all of the attendant craziness) is really engrossing. For example, when I started this one I loved the fact that Brone plays such a key role since he was such a great presence in the flashbacks in Call of the Cursed One.

Soylent Green

Aug 9, 2017
Is there a way to return to base from the mountains?, after killing some monsters i fiqured i'd go back and buy potions with money i got but i didn't see any option on the screen i started on in mountains

dbp5ca

Donor
Mar 13, 2017
Thanks.

This is helping me, although maybe not in the way you intended. It means, I'll have to comb and search mechanically, because logic won't help me. And I don't play russian qsp-games because of the grind, and will not play this, then. I prefer good, original stories, and things that are solveable by a smart lazy person. And tits and ass, of course ;)
I wish you success for your game.

(btw, in my test I did search and visit every damn field on the raster, too. As I have no potions, because they disappered, I could not kill all monsters, which I am aware may be a target of a monster hunt. Still, I am no fan of extermination, even vitual.)
@hyco2 not sure that the searching would be a problem as I believe you have to travel all of those squares to reach the summit. I, much like you, dislike the grind of the Russian QSP games and I've never seen that sortof thing in Anax's other games but you will find very deep stories with lots of colour. I trust it won't be an issue in this one hopefully :)

dbp5ca

Donor
Mar 13, 2017
Is there a way to return to base from the mountains?, after killing some monsters i fiqured i'd go back and buy potions with money i got but i didn't see any option on the screen i started on in mountains
I think you're stuck once you start out. I had to reload to go before the hunt and pick up stuff from Hob's before committing to the mountain.

dbp5ca

Donor
Mar 13, 2017
Clownification... is that really a thing though? I'm not judging or... actually... yeah, I'm absolutely fucking judging, that's some weird shit.
While not the exact same thing check out this comic for some freaky ass clowns

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
@Soylent Green Once you head out on a hunt, you don't get to visit the shop again until the next monster hunt. I'll be writing up a guide, and probably tweaking potion costs as the game progresses. As far as this first hunt goes, the way I beat it three times during testing was:

Then I managed to just barely squeak by killing the boss, meaning I have it balanced for this first fight very well.

neveruplife

Dec 27, 2017
People are judging the game early, oh please! Anaximanes do a good work and his games are fap material with dark settings the game's too early to be judge folks, he doesn't let people down just gotta give time, try Slugs and Bugs, Cult of Corruption and Cereborg Inception and we'll talk again bashers

Reactions: The Anax

W65

May 31, 2018
You know, this actually looks like it might've worked okay in RAGS, if RAGS weren't two decades behind the times. But since you already have the inventory and navigation systems up and running, there's no point in taking steps backwards.

(Not related: I actually clicked on the thread originally because I thought, "hey, I liked that poem and the name's kinda close so maybe--" So, yeah, it wasn't quite what I expected. Now, this totally isn't my thing, but it's still very cool to see a dev so into what he's doing. Really lives out the premise of the poem, even if the connection's just coincidental... unless there is a connection and I totally missed it. Anyhow, keep on keeping on.)

Furyous D

Aug 11, 2017
are all your games apart of the same universe? and is there a chronological order that's best to play them in?

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
@Furyous D Yes, all in the same universe (the Anaxverse), and, I told someone else the chronological order, but I try to write everything in such a way as people can come in from any title, and likely enjoy themselves branching off in either direction.

Reactions: Furyous D

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
@Butcer You must not have reached chapter 4 yet.

Since I have had a handful of people complaining, I have ensured on the main post to add a warning and let them clearly understand reading will be a requirement. Hopefully, from here on out, it will be more clear to anyone looking to play.

4.70 star(s) 3 Votes