Zilver Fox

Dec 17, 2017
Didnt bother reading all the posts above. So dont bother refering to them.

The "creator" of this game is using assets from another game. You can not deny that. Who made those assets is perhaps up for debate. Fact is: IF he ripped off another artist.. it is going to be REALLY interesting to see what happens when he runs out of materials and have to make his own. Dont pay him a dime til he proves he isnt just miking his Patreons with art stolen.
SkullYakker have already proven he is capable. I am looking forward to seeing original art from this game.. not just a halfbad Vader with an attached attempt at a dick.

And agean.. dont waste time refering to earlier in the threads.. dont care about it. It its legit the "author" will prove it. If not.. he will burn. Hope he dosnt take your money with him...

trend311

Jun 1, 2018

The "creator" of this game is using assets from another game. You can not deny that. Who made those assets is perhaps up for debate. Fact is: IF he ripped off another artist.. it is going to be REALLY interesting to see what happens when he runs out of materials and have to make his own. Dont pay him a dime til he proves he isnt just miking his Patreons with art stolen.
SkullYakker have already proven he is capable. I am looking forward to seeing original art from this game.. not just a halfbad Vader with an attached attempt at a dick.

And agean.. dont waste time refering to earlier in the threads.. dont care about it. It its legit the "author" will prove it. If not.. he will burn. Hope he dosnt take your money with him...
why not refering back if you say are the most things that is already being said before you so stop winning about it..!! or are you skullYakker!!?

jazz154

Jul 21, 2017

Its amazing that you didn't even bother checking previous page... Frankly I don't care about either of them. DS might have paid for it like he said or not. We will see what happens in future. As for SkullYakker? Like someone said on previous page, it looks like he lost interes in screw wars and really want to make that kotor mod. Will most likely fail with both.

Ah, I forgot to mention, SY also has that habit of going radio silent for long periods of time. So there is that.

Hesctai

Feb 3, 2018
EDIT: The problem seems to have found a solution:

---------------------

Personally, it is difficult to judge when we do not know the reality of what really happened.

I do not come back on the last intervention of Skullyakker which has already been well commented:

But I come back to his penultimate intervention:

We find a creator totally helpless because Darth Smut has completely screwed up his codes and fixed his game to the point that the interesting project Skullyakker is now almost at a standstill! It seems that Darth Smut promised him to correct the mistakes so that he could continue his project. According to Skulyakker's message, Darth Smut let the days and promises go by without giving any more news, leaving Skulyakker in disarray!

If there has been theft of creations without permission, it is obvious that Darth Smut is really bad. But it can be repaired if he contacts Skullyakker as he promised or if he changes / corrects / pays for the stolen material.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

On the other hand, having intentionally screwed up Skullyakker's initial work by inaction, roguery or whatever ... it's not really forgivable and that's why Darth Smut should also give an explanation and if necessary correct the mistakes he has made!

The visual novel by Skullyakker is really interesting and if Darth Smut is at the origin of the demotivation of the creator who risks leading to the abandonment of the project ... it's really ugly!

Again: I do not know what is true or false. but it deserves both explanations and answers from one side to the other ;-)

For those who do not yet know the work of Skukyakker whose question:

Hesctai

Feb 3, 2018
my 2 cents
Although there is a "benefit of the doubt", do not like very much the great injustices. I have the impression that Skullyalkker suffers one with Darth Smut:

Skullyalkker on patreon said:
A very enthusiastic guy (ndlr= DARTH SMUT), who called himself a programmer, entered in my life and we started talking about the SCREW WARS, how it was made, what were the main game’s issues, and how he could fix it.

He was so keen to help that I offered him to join in this crazy project, and he gladly accepted. I let him see the project, he gave very interesting insights, and we started working together. In fact, I even talked about it in 2 months ago.

He started fixing some of the major bugs in the game, involving the sudden crashes and so. But he asked me that he wanted to learn about the kind of 3D art that I was doing, and this was the main exchange: he was fixing my bugged game, and I was teaching him how I created all the art of the game (and we also agreed a % of the income that you guys provide with your tips).

... ...

Well, that guy ... stopped answering and working on the bug fixes.

We shared the Unity project, the main assets (even the 3D!), and he started modifying them, but he told me that he got busy and he needed some time for himself. I understood it (well, what could I possibly do? chain him in front of the computer?) and I trusted that he was going to finish the bug fixing.

Meanwhile, I decided to keep adding content and moving the main story forward. But then I realized, he changed so many stuff in the code that that the game now was crashing even harder.

So, I asked him that maybe he could fix the stuff he broke so I could keep delivering game updates. First he told me that it would require some time that he didn’t have, but when he understood that this was going to hurt the project, he promised me that he was going to fix it asap… (Asap, which means “as soon as possible” no “as slow as possible”).

The promises of fixing the code were never fulfilled. The delay broke the trust between us, and I understood that his enthusiasm for SCREW WARS was far gone. Since I provided the knowledge he asked in exchange for the bug fixing, I tried to, at least, make him fix those issues that he generated. I am still waiting for his answer. I am starting to think that he vanished to never come back.

... ...

I will have to rebuild some things that they were already done in the last version that it’s not working anymore because of the code modifications.

But the damage that all this shit has done to this community… This is something that scares me most.
if it's true ... it's still particularly disgusting ;-)

Again, that does not prevent the "theft" can be quickly "repaired". Personally, I am interested in both games and I would be happy if this whole story this rule to enjoy two parodies of starwars.

In my opinion, to find peace and repair "injustice": it is imperative that Darth Smut corrects the "sabotage" of the Skulyakker game that I want to put forward here. I find it more serious.

PS @macadam: Someone actually stole your game to make a movie:: :)

Reactions: macadam

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
Although there is a "benefit of the doubt", do not like very much the great injustices. I have the impression that Skullyalkker suffers one with Darth Smut:

if it's true ... it's still particularly disgusting ;-)

Again, that does not prevent the "theft" can be quickly "repaired". Personally, I am interested in both games and I would be happy if this whole story this rule to enjoy two parodies of starwars.

In my opinion, to find peace and repair "injustice": it is imperative that Darth Smut corrects the "sabotage" of the Skulyakker game that I want to put forward here. I find it more serious.

PS @macadam: Someone actually stole your game to make a movie:: :)
oh cool ! at least i finally do something usefull for someone XD ( its a cool movie btw )

Hesctai

Feb 3, 2018
Given my previous post, it is normal that I am now in the first to make known this one:

Skullyalkker on patreon said:
I was NOT scammed: 2 weeks of dialogs with Darth Smut
Aug 4 at 1:36pm
Hello everyone,
I want to continue from here the previous post where I claimed .

First, I want to thank you all for your comments and your votes to keep me motivated with SCREW WARS. It’s really encouraging seeing all of you by my side.

I want to use this post to reply all the comments you’ve shared with me in the last post, but before that, you need to know Darth Smut contacted me and we exchanged mails for the last 2 weeks.

Far from what I’ve expected, I have to say that he’s been quite reasonable and he exposed some arguments that made me understand him a little more and see his point of view.

I’m going to play the devil’s advocate and I’d like to share with you some of the things we’ve discussed, so you can decide for yourselves:

“He never scammed me”
I have to admit that when I wrote that last article I was very furious, and maybe I was too harsh with some of the claims.

He says that, when he approached me, his intention was never to harm or stole from me. You may think “well, this is what he says”, but now that I’m not in the berserk mode from the last article, and after speaking with him re-reading all our mails, I don’t think that either.

So maybe I was too harsh when I said he was a scammer.

“He never stole anything from me”
This is something tricky, because he indeed never stole anything from me. I just simply gave those assets to him. As some of you in the comments on the other article have already said, we didn’t sign any contract, and he never paid me for those assets.

In fact, I cannot even say that those assets are mine because the kind of games we’re both creating are just parodies, but the copyrights of lots of things we’re using are not ours.

So… Ok, I admit it. I freely gave away those assets.

Why? Because I needed to render some scenes and I didn’t have enough time to do it, and he offered me to render the scenes in his computer. I never gave him permission to use them in his game, but that was a risk I decided to take.

“He already paid for those assets”
The way he puts it, he invested time processing those assets, rendering them and so… this consumed his computer hardware and also electricity. And he also provided me a service that otherwise would have delayed some versions of my game even more…

This is why he says he “paid” for them. He never gave me money, but all those things are valuable, and I have to admit he never asked anything for it.

And… Probably, if he told me he was going to use those assets before launching the game, sharing with me his point of view, I wouldn’t even have reacted like I did.

“He’s never told me he was going to fix the game”
During our discussion, he told me that and he even dared me to quote him in any of the old mails we exchanged when he was collaborating with me…

And he, somehow, is right.

How is that possible? Well, when he approached me, he was very curious and he start asking a lot of questions about the game, its development and so. At some point, I asked him if he was a programmer and he told me he had some skills with a few programming languages, and if I was in trouble, he could take a look at the project and see if he could fix it.

And that’s all. He never promised to fix it, he only told me that he could take a look, and I misunderstood him and I thought he was looking it to fix it, not to “mess with it”.

I have to tell you that we had a hot argument about that point, because at that time we both took for granted some things we shouldn’t. He was expecting me to have security copies of the project (which I was stupid to not make) so he could test stuff, and I was expecting that, at the end of his tests, he was going to give me a fixed project.

When he started asking me about the 3D Art, I also put a lot of time and effort to show and teach him about it, as an act of gratitude because he was fixing the game… but he never thought it that way.

This kind of misunderstandings sometimes happens. They start as a little stone that rolls down the mountain and when it reaches the bottom, it’s a big pile of dirt. And this is one of the reasons that I felt wrongly “scammed”.

“He offered to remove the borrowed assets from his game”
I was very insistent with the fact that he used two of my characters in his game, but he apologized for it and it was more like a tribute than a rip off.

He told me that if this was troubling me a lot, he could remove those girls from the game. He only used them because he needed two “cheap whores” to use them in the intro and never show them again and those girls were very starwars-ish, but he can change them.

In fact, he even told me that if his game was successful enough, maybe I’d like the idea of having those models placed in other games, because it could promote SCREW WARS.

And I’m still considering it…

“His game is original and has a lot of potential”
This is going to sound weird, because it seems just the opposite of what I said in the previous post, and also because he’s publicly saying that he’s doing a “clone” of Something Unlimited and Akabur. But let me explain.

Before speaking with him I was 100% sure that he ripped off my game, but when we spoke, he told me he programmed it from scratch and he even suggested to show it to me. So I agreed and we planned a skypecall where he showed me (with screenshare) the “bones” of his project. He created the whole Death Star, scene by scene, in a smart way that can grow bigger and better as the game grows.

In fact, I have to admit it’s a very impressive job. I thought my GUI was complex, but I “hate” to say he did quite a good design.

This is what I mean when I say that his game is original.

Not because he created something new that you may have not ever seen before, but he got some of the best ideas from great games and he’s working hard to put it all together.

I can say that there were some mechanics that I could identify from SCREW WARS. For example, the Start Scene is practically the same, and the main menu too, but he even told me that If I was uncomfortable with them, he could change it.

And one of the things that he was most annoyed is that now everyone is thinking that he’s incapable of doing anything, but again, playing the devil’s advocate… he may be using the same engine and plugins from SCREW WARS (or other games), but he created more models, a whole core architecture and some interesting concepts.

In fact, he may have solved one of the major issues of my game, which is the lack of adult content.

The way he put this, one of the things that he didn’t like from SCREW WARS (and I’m aware a lot of you complain about that too), is that even in the v0.7 version the game still lacked a lot of sex.

However, with that trainer idea that got from Akabur, the users can go to the girls’ rooms, interact with them and enjoy a low paced corruption story… but at the same time, if you wanted to enjoy a quick adult scene, you can go to the bar and see those girls doing adult stuff.

And this is what I mean, like it or not, when I say that this death star trainer may have a lot of potential…

“so… what now?”
I know this is article may sound very confusing… two weeks ago I was very infuriated and claiming I was scammed, and now I’m saying that I might have been wrong.

When I found about this game I felt attacked. It came by surprise and I thought the worst of it, so I fought back. But, after publishing that article, instead finding myself in an open war as I expected, what I’ve received was a private mail trying to calm things down and establishing a dialog.

He also told me few tips about the plugins we’re using to improve SCREW WARS and maybe fix some of the performance issues that some of you experience during your gameplay.

Two weeks ago I felt threatened and betrayed, but today I see this new star wars game as a competitive and approachable rival that I can even use it as a motivation to do my best.

In any case, the outcome has been better than expected. Now I see that I have a strong and amazing community around me. After the poll results, I’m even more motivated to put my efforts on the v0.8 update and keep developing this game you all love and support (but keeping an eye to that star wars trainer).

Said that, I hope you didn’t carve your opinion from darth smut in a stone. Not asking you to love him, but maybe you want to give him another chance. I did it, and he surprised me for good.

Thank you all for being here, and may the cock be with you!

SkullYakker
For me, the exchange between Darth Smut and Skullyakker is very satisfying and I am glad they have "reconciled". I hope it augurs well for both games that deserve a long road and maybe end games.

I therefore withdraw my suspicions on Darth Smut and wish him every success with "Death Star Trainer". Do not hesitate to also check out "Screw Wars" ;-)

LordCorwin

Game Developer
Dec 18, 2017
So after seeing the drama that was unfolding about the rights to the models, I wondered if this would even exist in the coming months, so I decided to give it a look.

So I can easily see the "inspiration" this creator got from Something Unlimited, it's basically like a re-skin of the basic game. All the options, mechanics, and ideas are there.

However there's a big difference between what Something Unlimited is and what this is, and that is the baseline material.

In SU we are Lex Luthor, a man who I could easily see starting up a Sex Club just so he could fuck over and fuck the heroines who have been a thorn in his side for so long. The story and plot is very believable, I know, it's still very adult, but nothing about it screams immersion breaking.

In DsT, we are Darth Vader. A guy who I could never see throwing his ex-lover up on the stage as a reward for the Imperial Troops, because even as "bad" as he is he was still obsessed with Padme. Heck, even the Imperials never really abused their prisoners. Sure they roughed them up a bit, but they are suppose to be tough and strict, they're a military driven government after all. The real "scumy" types were the mercenaries and the Huns, those are who owned the slaves, whored out the women (and men), and controlled the substances. So seeing Darth Vader act the way he was, just didn't immerse me.

Instead of Vader we should maybe look to some other Siths. Darth Maul would probably be the best choice here, given his reputation, attitude, and his less known background.

Reactions: KaiserST

snugdug

Jan 22, 2018
I'm pretty stoked for a reskin of Something Unlimited, and as someone with limited understanding of Star Wars I hope you will keep in mind people like me when making this game. Hopefully there will be a wide range of fetishes like SU.

Reactions: Darth Smut
1.50 star(s) 44 Votes