Phase_01

Nov 27, 2021
I mean yeah, shorter but finished is certainly better than abandoned and the dev acknowledging that he is not able to make a huge game like he planned and make it shorter is a good call.

But to be honest, this feels like we just finished with the prologue and the story could have really started...
I just wonder, if there was not some kind of middle ground between a huge game, which would have taken the dev many years to finish and the 1-2 updates to end it, which he does now.
I feel like if the game actually took place "post-Zombie Apocalypse", as a more slice of life style game (which excluding the very few zombie scenes I feel like it could be one, just more drama) this would've allowed for the shorter story to not feel like there's an unexplored grander scheme.

The MC asking a few times about survivors keeps making it feel like there would be more to come especially.
Could've said the family escaped to a remote island, and if they don't wanna make the ending bittersweet, they can say they returned to the mainland/found survivors at the end, so its not just the 3 of them dying of old age leaving behind like a few incestual children that'll probably die out within 2-3 generations lol

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
I feel like if the game actually took place "post-Zombie Apocalypse", as a more slice of life style game (which excluding the very few zombie scenes I feel like it could be one, just more drama) this would've allowed for the shorter story to not feel like there's an unexplored grander scheme.

The MC asking a few times about survivors keeps making it feel like there would be more to come especially.
Could've said the family escaped to a remote island, and if they don't wanna make the ending bittersweet, they can say they returned to the mainland/found survivors at the end, so its not just the 3 of them dying of old age leaving behind like a few incestual children that'll probably die out within 2-3 generations lol
Yes, or more like Now & Then, where the ''zombies'' die out naturally, as finding a solution to deal with them never really was the point of the game.

This feels like the intro for the grand game the dev mentioned.
Or if compared, maybe something like the Lord of Rings trilogy, part one is over and the stage is set for the real show to start.

Being it the other survivors, the mysterious white girl, the MC's other self, his origin and whatever he planned, his immunity, the evolving zombies, special ones, the MC finally able to stand against the zombies etc.

I mean, the dev can always choose some ''and they found a nice, hidden, zombie free place where they lived in peace'', for an ending.
But i don't expect a satisfying solution for the other things or the zombie problem in 1-2 updates.

Last edited:

raz100raz100

Sep 21, 2019

What I mean by that is, before starting the game, I had envisioned two possible scenarios. One was a very long story that would have greatly expanded the game's universe and its external world, involving the integration of several new characters throughout the story, new communities, and new mysteries. And another, shorter story, which would have focused exclusively on the group we're currently following.
I won't lie to you, as the story progresses, it becomes more complex and time-consuming. And the support you've given me is immense, I'm very grateful for it, but unfortunately, we're too far from the goal that would allow us to develop the game full-time. Given the evolution of the game, as you may have understood, I unfortunately don't have the luxury of choosing the long scenario that would expand the game's universe. It would take far too many years and sacrifices.
Since DMS is a project dear to my heart and one that we love working on, (and I hope this is evident through the game); I want to deliver a quality ending rather than a bad one, and above all, I don't want the game to be abandoned during its development.
So, for the reasons mentioned above, we will choose the shorter scenario, which will provide an ending at the crucial moment, the moment I had envisioned. As you may have understood, the story of DMS will soon come to a conclusion. Very soon.
I think this is the right decision. Better than it getting abandoned or taking 5 to 7 years to get an ending. Especially since the hottest part about this is focusing on the interactions between the family members. To many games try to introduce to many characters. We just need 2-4 good characters to focus on.

One thing i hope is once the MC has sex with the sister and mom it does not end there and at least continues a bit further. I mean i'm sure hes gonna wanna have sex with them more than once lol

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
I think this is the right decision. Better than it getting abandoned or taking 5 to 7 years to get an ending. Especially since the hottest part about this is focusing on the interactions between the family members. To many games try to introduce to many characters. We just need 2-4 good characters to focus on.

One thing i hope is once the MC has sex with the sister and mom it does not end there and at least continues a bit further. I mean i'm sure hes gonna wanna have sex with them more than once lol
Yes, I know it's better to finish the game than to leave it. But the possible endings leave a bad feeling in the mouth. Yes, sex with our two LI's is all nice and good, but it seems to be the ultimate goal of the game... And it should be the end of the season, but not the end of the game. That leaves us with the goal of the game is to have sex with them, but the story doesn't matter at all...
His final chapter(s?) should be big, probably the length of the four usual chapters, just so the end doesn't feel rushed... I'm little skeptical if he can finish it that way with plausible end... But I'm not a writer, so I'm not the person to ask... ;)

Dr.Slime

Nov 15, 2022
Finished the game and i have seen what the dev said , i think it's a good choice.
At least for the game not to be abandoned , but story wise? not much because reading what he said it seems like one huge update or two update to complete the game , and as much i liked the interaction with the family (even sometimes it feels a bit just for the sake of the lewd scene to happen )
even with that scene
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
the game as much what people said we need more people to be involved helping and to be enemies

char_2.0

Jul 15, 2021
They removed the NTR and now the game is going to keep almost all Lesbian content? xD, the patreons of this game must feel trolled hahaha

AlterdStates7

Feb 18, 2020
I don't see how this one can wrap up comfortably in 2 updates without turning into an info-dump, 3-5 maybe if it's kind of rushed. We just had The big revelation (wasn't it at the end of V7?), without even really touching on why of it.

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
They removed the NTR and now the game is going to keep almost all Lesbian content? xD, the patreons of this game must feel trolled hahaha
I'm a supporter and I don't feel trolled.

The only 'NTR' was bad ending zombie rape/sex - which the dev removed a Long time ago, because it did not fit the development of the MC in the story.

All the posts and reasoning for this, including the actual dev post discussing this, are here in this thread - just search for it if you are interested.

Cheers!! :coffee:

umbongoxxz

May 31, 2023
Played through this and it's quite good despite the graphics being the way they are. It's pretty rare to see decent m/d action. A hidden gem for sure wouldn't have tried it without the help of the reviewers. Thanks everyone!

4.10 star(s) 88 Votes