• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Bip

Donor
May 4, 2017
Is it just me who find the Genesis 8 figures ugly? I've tried some renders, I've seen some, and each time I find the faces horribles :(

watdapakisdis

Aug 24, 2016
Is it just me who find the Genesis 8 figures ugly? I've tried some renders, I've seen some, and each time I find the faces horribles :(
The base Genesis 8 figures (especially fucking Stephanie) are ugly. Someone working for Daz probably decided to uglify their base models since the G3s look like plastic supermodels. I really recommend you try out the other figures like Lyra HD, P3D Fara, LY Moxie, etc. There are good looking G8s if you look hard enough.

If you really hate how the new G8s look, just use the Genesis 3 skin textures on the free generic G8 male/female essential models.

Reactions: TechCarmin and Bip

thecardinal

Latina midget, sub to my Onlyfans - cash for gash
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
100% agree, glad I'm not the only one. I had high hopes for Teen Josie 8, but they somehow messed that one up too

EvilMonkey

Aug 20, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I really don't like Dracarys' face. It looks a bit too manly and the down-turned mouth doesn't suit the face either. At least imo.

......Okay, I've been looking at it and I think I see what the issue with the face is, it's the bottom of the eyes and too much "pouching" of the lower lid. Women tend to have a softer face with softer features but with the model you've used, there is no cheek flesh and the eyes are a little big so look like they're bulging.

lexus33

Aug 16, 2016
Maybe I'll create a tutorial how to render with best settings. (For each one HDR, Sun, meshes)
When I sometimes see how long it takes you guys to render one character without an object... :confused::confused:

Single character without objects with simple background with full details on medium computer with one graphic card should take about 2-5 minutes.

70% of settings in iray is usless and work mainly on objects not characters so that slows your renders even x15 times.

For now a small advice, download the first version of daz3d where just IRAY comes in, there's no stupid settings and render speed was far better, just test it and see the difference :firstimekiss::firstimekiss:

watdapakisdis

Aug 24, 2016

Render quality 1 and convergence rate at 100% but pictures still grainy...i need to figure out what is causing this :confused:
Are you planning on making these renders for a project or just for fun? To be honest, the forum-resized image looks fine. (Note: I have terrible eyesight without my glasses.) You could only see the noise if you view the original size/resolution. I personally render 4K resolution PNGs and resize the images I post here as 1280x720 JPEGs. For example, these two images are EXTREMELY grainy in their original resolution. After resizing them, the noticeable grain problem is reduced.

As for the grain, there are several factors that could cause this. Render time, converge ratio, samples, lighting setup, etc. If you really want to remove factors that will cause your render to end prematurely,
max time to 0 (disable time limit)
converge ratio to 100% (convergence will NEVER reach 100%)
15,000 sample (maximum default)
Just cancel/stop the render if the image quality is already acceptable for you.

Have you tried tinkering with the tone mapping options found under the render settings? Since the Iray renderer tries to emulate how light works in real life, these options will help your image quality. Think of these as settings for a real camera. Try setting the shutter speed to 75 if you want a more brighter scene.

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes