3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

klaw

Jun 20, 2017
@

hmm will take a peek at it , will probably solve some problems

LewdDao

Jul 9, 2017
I really hope that Daz gets soft physics added in an upcoming update. I hear they are working on revamping the animation and hair portions, which will be great, but soft physics would be better IMHO. I can only hope that soft physics may be part of the animation system update.

Last edited:

EvilMonkey

Aug 20, 2017
I really hope that Daz gets soft physics added in an upcoming update. I hear they are working on revamping the animation and hair portions, which will be great, but soft physics would be better IMHO. I can only hope that soft physics may be part of the animation system update.
The trouble is I don't think they are really bothered improving the base software too much, just releasing premium add-ons, as such I've added as many control options as I could find to improve the look of my figures. I do hope they improve the hair system though, fibre hair is all well and good but it doesn't seem as full as it should.

On another note, I'm still playing around and have been adjusting lighting but I can't get it to show in the render. I've positioned a "sun", set to try and mimic moonlight. And I've added 3 spotlights to pick up areas in shadow but nothing seems to change when I render. I've checked to make sure all the lights have the illumination switches turned on and to show within the render, has anyone got any suggestions?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

LewdDao

Jul 9, 2017
Generally, in Daz you have to turn the Lums way up, like 150k for main, and 9k or so for secondary. Also, you can try adding some primitives off the scene to bounce light or make the primitives emitters and make them invisible.

EvilMonkey

Aug 20, 2017
Generally, in Daz you have to turn the Lums way up, like 150k for main, and 9k or so for secondary. Also, you can try adding some primitives off the scene to bounce light or make the primitives emitters and make them invisible.
Thanks for the info, it helps a lot, although I don't know why default would be so low if it doesn't show up properly. As for my problem, I solved it by looking through my render options carefully and noticing I had "environment" set to "dome only". Switching it to scene only allows me to see my scene with my lighting but you're sure right about needing to up the intensity! So dark.....

Ceiclehoo

May 7, 2017
I'm gonna ask a silly question as a beginner, why did almost all devs use daz3D software for their games? what's the specialty of it? aren't there others software better than it?

Krull

Retired
GFX Designer
Respected User
Donor
Feb 1, 2017
I'm gonna ask a silly question as a beginner, why did almost all devs use daz3D software for their games? what's the specialty of it? aren't there others software better than it?
I think is the most accessible to use , there's MAYA , 3ds Max but those are more advanced and you can create your own stuff.

Ceiclehoo

May 7, 2017
I think is the most accessible to use , there's MAYA , 3ds Max but those are more advanced and you can create your own stuff.
Thank you for your response. May I know what do you mean by 'create your own stuff'? does it have some modifier or asset ready like those software specialized for civil engineering, which the models are built in, you just need to make some changes instead of creating from nothing.

Krull

Retired
GFX Designer
Respected User
Donor
Feb 1, 2017
Thank you for your response. May I know what do you mean by 'create your own stuff'? does it have some modifier or asset ready like those software specialized for civil engineering, which the models are built in, you just need to make some changes instead of creating from nothing.
I don't remember exactly , it was a long time ago when i used it , you get base model and you can sculpt it to whatever you want , you can create environments too, it's what they used for 3d cgi effects for movies or animation movies/games , there's a whole suite you have to go through, not just those programs.

Best stay with Daz if you want to create stuff for this kind of content.

Reactions: Ceiclehoo

EvilMonkey

Aug 20, 2017
The models used in Daz would usually be made in products that are more powerful but are oriented toward the professional. Daz is a pose and render software with a huge library of assets and mods. If you're wanting to create scenes "quickly" in order to tell a story, it's probably one of the easier softwares to utilise.

What commercial software do you think is better than it?

Reactions: Krull and Ceiclehoo

Ceiclehoo

May 7, 2017
The models used in Daz would usually be made in products that are more powerful but are oriented toward the professional. Daz is a pose and render software with a huge library of assets and mods. If you're wanting to create scenes "quickly" in order to tell a story, it's probably one of the easier softwares to utilise.

What commercial software do you think is better than it?
I see, I think if Maya 3D and Zbrush are free for all they would be the first choice, just my opinion.

captainJugs

Jun 7, 2017
test1.jpg
I've been enjoying this thread, love see everyone's work!

This is my first render of a Daz3d scene rendered in Blender (free!!) with added particle hair. I still have a few errors i need to fix up like the normal mapping is too strong, and i think more work needs to be done on the hair and various other things.

Blender is awesome and can now do some pretty advanced stuff that paid programs have. It is completely free but has a HUGE learning curve. It took me months just to learn to basics, but i highly recommend it to anyone wanting to do rendering.

Bip

Donor
May 4, 2017
It took me months just to learn to basics, ...
@Ceiclehoo That's why most people work with Daz. Few hours or days are enough for the basics, even if it takes another program to create objects or assets. I'm not sure the costs for Maya or ZBrush is a real problem in our world :) Daz is free but very poor in content. You have to add a lot of assets that cost very quickly.

@captainJugs Bravo! I use Blender for creating objects or when I need physics but I'm lost when it comes to materials or renderings.

Reactions: Krull

EvilMonkey

Aug 20, 2017
...Daz is free but very poor in content. You have to add a lot of assets that cost very quickly...
If you're looking in the right places, you can find 80% of what you want available for free. I've downloaded GB's of assets recently.

Bip

Donor
May 4, 2017
If you're looking in the right places, you can find 80% of what you want available for free. I've downloaded GB's of assets recently.
I've some places too :closedeyesmile:
It was to say that I don't think the cost of a software is the main reason to use it here or there, Daz can quickly become very expensive too. And I'm sure there're some places for Maya and ZBrush too :)

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes