3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Mirtugast

Dec 25, 2016
I just went and stabbed at writing/scripting/rendering an amateur game. I did some C++ in high school, never worked with 3D, and never written anything other than shitposts on Reddit. I figured I'd give up quickly but I'm hammering it and I like all three things so maybe something will eventually come out of this. Maybe not. Ren'Py UI is done, story is rolling aaand my laptop has had enough of my SHIT with the rendering.

Attempt #1 - Terrible shadows and my attempt at realistic tits didn't work that well
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Attempt #2 - at natural tits, pushed back up in a bra. Don't like the texture, or maybe that's somehow my fault. Probably that.

Attempt #3 - Didn't like standard faces. Also tried posing the ladies from scratch to look at least remotely natural. Still the hard shadows.

Final attempt - Posed all the ladies from scratch again, plenty of fuckups. There are tons of unrendered pixels with 3 full characters in the shot (namely pale lady's right breast, too many for photoshop to auto-fix in any case) and my laptop can't be fucked anymore. I'll need an upgrade if I continue. I'll commit to that after writing/scripting more without giving up.

Krull

Retired
GFX Designer
Respected User
Donor
Feb 1, 2017
This will be the last Witcher related render.

PS: Found a grainy 4k test render that could probably be saved with some photoshop magic...which i lack unfortunately.
Still some grain remains , although it could be improved a bit more, just this resolution is a killer for me.

Last edited:

klaw

Jun 20, 2017
Is the background a floor and a wall with the background photo on it? It's quite effective. How long did it take to render and what settings did you use?
it was a HDR, and it took abot 20 min to reander as 4 the settings dont relly remember i forgot to save (dont do renders 4 in the morning )

• Haha
Reactions: TheAnalSissy

EvilMonkey

Aug 20, 2017
it was a HDR, and it took abot 20 min to reander as 4 the settings dont relly remember i forgot to save (dont do renders 4 in the morning )
Well I'm still playing around with the software (and haven't watched a single tutorial yet lmao!) and this render took me about 8 minutes, with no background, at 1080p (but cropped) and with far less detail than I want....

klaw

Jun 20, 2017
Well I'm still playing around with the software (and haven't watched a single tutorial yet lmao!) and this render took me about 8 minutes, with no background, at 1080p (but cropped) and with far less detail than I want....
playing around with the software is the best way , i haven't watched a single tutorial either . just played around in it
and learned as i went ( the old try and fail). I'm sitting on a laptop that's over a year old so rendering take some time

EvilMonkey

Aug 20, 2017
playing around with the software is the best way , i haven't watched a single tutorial either . just played around in it
and learned as i went ( the old try and fail). I'm sitting on a laptop that's over a year old so rendering take some time
Well I'm using a pc that I built quite a few years ago now, i5 2500k, 16GB Ram and GTX 970 and it works but it's chugging a little when rendering. I really don't like the amount of heat it puts out after 10 minutes of rendering so I really wouldn't want to be doing it on a laptop!

The trouble is I'm a consummate "collector" so I've been trawling da interwebz downloading so much Daz content that it boggles my mind. And doing very little in Daz. I really need to settle down and make something....

she is a pain in the ass
In regards to that, I don't like the subject material myself but it's a decent render and lit well. I don't like the clipping issue that often happens with objects/characters interacting with objects and think that this will help. It doesn't do anything automatically but includes a bunch of sliders that allow you to deform parts of the character so it looks like they are being "squished" by the contact.

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes