• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

ppoooors

Aug 7, 2016
Her face is totally wrecked i know
I only was focusing on getting a good interior lighting for the character
..lotta noise too!!

What do y'all think?

01b.jpg

Reactions: TAR313

TDCerb

Feb 13, 2018
Been trying out adding a character to a scene (gave up waiting for the render to complete, hence the firefly's).
sec scene.png

A receptionist style character who is not impressed with posing. Bit of clipping on the shirt which I didn't notice pre render.
sec unimpressed.png
Got a weird reflection on the face from the glasses but that's probably more to do with the lack of proper lighting.
sec topless.png
Think I need a better graphics card, as it seems to run out of memory and switch to CPU.... which takes ages :( Is a 4GB card enough? Or is 6GB really the only way to go if you add several characters to a scene?

And how do you make the skin more bumpy/textured?

watdapakisdis

Aug 24, 2016
Is a 4GB card enough? Or is 6GB really the only way to go if you add several characters to a scene?

And how do you make the skin more bumpy/textured?
I only have a 4GB video card and that's not enough to put more than 2 figures with their default textures. The main culprit with high VRAM usage is the high res textures and SubD. There are several ways you can get around this. The DAZ forum has a free script that lets you cut down the texture resolution. If you want to make it easier to manage, try using the Scene Optimizer ( ). Get it here

For outdoor scenes that need several figures (10 or more), I recommend you use instances or billboards.

For your skin problem, you need to change the settings for the normal and/or bump maps. If you're still using old figures (not Genesis 8), the easiest way to do this is to just use NGS Anagenessis 2 ( ) and add skin pores to your figure. It's also available here

Last edited:

ConfusedBeard

Jun 5, 2017
Fur looks better on girls than on the animal...

BFF's!

Reactions: erikus

ssteller

May 30, 2017
I really miss this girl, so today i decided to try to recreate her.
Now, i wanna see what you guys are made of!
Who is she? ;)

Edit:I think you guys need to play more PS1 classics.
Or maybe I just failed hard trying to recreate her. :cryingface:
She's from Parasite Eve. Nice job. Maybe sexy Jill Valentine from first RE next?

Reactions: Andarilho

TDCerb

Feb 13, 2018
I only have a 4GB video card and that's not enough to put more than 2 figures with their default textures. The main culprit with high VRAM usage is the high res textures and SubD. There are several ways you can get around this. The DAZ forum has a free script that lets you cut down the texture resolution. If you want to make it easier to manage, try using the Scene Optimizer ( ). Get it here

For outdoor scenes that need several figures (10 or more), I recommend you use instances or billboards.

For your skin problem, you need to change the settings for the normal and/or bump maps. If you're still using old figures (not Genesis 8), the easiest way to do this is to just use NGS Anagenessis 2 ( ) and add skin pores to your figure. It's also available here
Thanks for the tips, I will try out the optimizer and resizer scripts to see if it helps. My current card is only 2GB so maxes out pretty easily.

I use genesis 8 figures so I don't think the NGS Anagenessis 2 will make much difference? Or will that help add the pores? I'm still quite new to this so trying to learn how skins work and how to modify them easily. I installed RedSpecTGX but I don't think i've been using it correctly as I can't see a visible improvement (I will go over the guide again!).

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Thanks for the tips, I will try out the optimizer and resizer scripts to see if it helps. My current card is only 2GB so maxes out pretty easily.

I use genesis 8 figures so I don't think the NGS Anagenessis 2 will make much difference? Or will that help add the pores? I'm still quite new to this so trying to learn how skins work and how to modify them easily. I installed RedSpecTGX but I don't think i've been using it correctly as I can't see a visible improvement (I will go over the guide again!).
There's a bunch of people on the Daz forum that are happy with Altern8, which apparently reduces Genesis 8 texture overhead a bit, and can result in better looking skin tones in the process (if dialed in appropriately).

Might be worth looking into.

TDCerb

Feb 13, 2018
There's a bunch of people on the Daz forum that are happy with Altern8, which apparently reduces Genesis 8 texture overhead a bit, and can result in better looking skin tones in the process (if dialed in appropriately).

Might be worth looking into.
Thanks I am downloading now so will try it over the weekend see what it's like. I now realize that RedSpecTGX requires an additional OctaneRender plugin.... seems like a lot of effort so will try Altern8 first.

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes