3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
I guess the face could've use some more lightning.
View attachment 252719
In the image above the quantity of lights is not really the issue, it's their placement. If you refer to the sketch below (view from above) your current setup is shown in red. I would suggest you modify to the lighting setup as shown by blue. The primary (most intense) light source to the right of the camera and the secondary light source to the left of the camera. I would also suggest that you reduce the intensity (~20% of primary) of the secondary light source such that you get true light / shadow.
Lighting.jpg

GhostPhil

❤︎The Redhead Harem Master❤︎
Donor
Sep 3, 2018
In the image above the quantity of lights is not really the issue, it's their placement. If you refer to the sketch below (view from above) your current setup is shown in red. I would suggest you modify to the lighting setup as shown by blue. The primary (most intense) light source to the right of the camera and the secondary light source to the left of the camera. I would also suggest that you reduce the intensity (~20% of primary) of the secondary light source such that you get true light / shadow.
View attachment 252724
I have one question though. I used, I think it is called an HDRI. But it doesn't add any lights in the scene, so how can I change anything, if I can't click on any light source?

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
I have one question though. I used, I think it is called an HDRI. But it doesn't add any lights in the scene, so how can I change anything, if I can't click on any light source?
A HDRI will work fine to light the scene, however you really want one with a primary light direction (eg sun). Within the render settings \ environment adjust the dome rotation to change the primary light direction. Given the character posing and camera position I would suggest the primary light direction is from right of camera. If you really want to stick with your current HDRI, then change the dome rotation by 180 degrees. Hence if currently 0 deg, change to 180 deg; if it is 90 deg, change to 270 deg etc.

rev2019

Jan 1, 2019
One more
dont know if i should post all of them or just one at a time lol?
the 2080 is too fast to catch up ;)

anyway
the start of the next scene here.
thicker4.png

Edit: i noticed the sluggish scrolling when adding many thumbnails on the last page
i fix it next time as spoilers

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
One more
dont know if i should post all of them or just one at a time lol?
the 2080 is too fast to catch up ;)
Could I please request that when posting multiple images that you place within a spoiler. Your earlier series post plays havoc with the forum page loading. Even with ~500kbyte/sec it takes about 30 seconds for the page to load sufficiently that the scroll bar is functional (page doesn't know how long it is until all your images have loaded).

GhostPhil

❤︎The Redhead Harem Master❤︎
Donor
Sep 3, 2018
A HDRI will work fine to light the scene, however you really want one with a primary light direction (eg sun). Within the render settings \ environment adjust the dome rotation to change the primary light direction. Given the character posing and camera position I would suggest the primary light direction is from right of camera. If you really want to stick with your current HDRI, then change the dome rotation by 180 degrees. Hence if currently 0 deg, change to 180 deg; if it is 90 deg, change to 270 deg etc.
Ok thanks, I will try both ways. The one with the HDRI and the one with the normal lightning.

Reactions: Namco15

MovieMike

Aug 4, 2017
Been messing around with d-force a bit and watched a cool tutorial which I figured I could apply to my own work. A problem I see a lot of people have, including myself, is that shrink wrap effect around the breasts of larger sizes. You can get a decent result with fit control or if you have Marvelous Designer that's going to give you the best result. But in a pinch d-force can work fairly well on some things. Here's a quick image I rendered as an example. Don't mind the clipping or noise or anything, I was more interested in how the shirt fit with some simple d-force steps.

Here's the image with just auto fit.

big bust no dforce.png

And with some simple steps.

big bust dforce.png

Not perfect, but a lot better I think. If I took this in MD and then imported it back it'd be perfect, but then I'd need to do that for every pose.

Here's what I did.

1. Applied the shirt to the scene like the top image.
2. I added a d-force dynamic modifier to the shirt.
3. Hide the shirt, and open the timeline.
4. Go to frame zero and remove any of the really big breast morphs so she's a normal size.
5. Go to frame 30 and dial everything back in.
6. Go back to frame 0 and unhide the shirt.
7. In Simulation Settings, Turn Off Start Bones From Memorized Pose since it's a static image.
8. Under Frames to Simulate, select Animated (Use Timeline Play Range)
9. Hit Simulate and it will do it's thing, basically the breasts will grow through the simulation and do a decent job of making it fit like real clothing.
10. For this thing the result was a bit iffy, but I changed the geometery from Base to HD, and turned on the smoothing modifier which gets turned off automatically when you run a dforce sim.
11. For my character, I have an invisible geo shell around her so I set the shirt to collide against that to get ride of any poke through.

And there's the result. Obviously you'd want to pose the hands, bottom of the shirt, etc. But with a quick sim, maybe a bit of fit control after the fact, and you get a decent result. Way less cling and there's even some pull around the colors you'd expect from someone this size, the clothing wouldn't just lie flat against her upper chest, it'd be stretched out.

I figured I'd post this because the shrink wrap I see in games drives me nuts. Sorry if this needs to be elsewhere.

Techn0magier

Jul 2, 2017
Maybe I've found a new model to play with. Currently I'm testing different hairstyles, poses, lightings and such.
Mainly the Hairstyles are giving me a headache. She has a very round face, which gave her a very young look, even when I changed her materials and posture to far older age. She is just one of those girls who wouldn't age, no matter how many years you throw at them. So I decided to place her in the young neighbour/sister category. And I'm sure that high heels aren't for her, or what did you think? Her hair as well, maybe a updo or a short hairstyle instead?

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
Maybe I've found a new model to play with. Currently I'm testing different hairstyles, poses, lightings and such.
Mainly the Hairstyles are giving me a headache. She has a very round face, which gave her a very young look, even when I changed her materials and posture to far older age. She is just one of those girls who wouldn't age, no matter how many years you throw at them. So I decided to place her in the young neighbour/sister category. And I'm sure that high heels aren't for her, or what did you think? Her hair as well, maybe a updo or a short hairstyle instead?
If you would like to make the character look a little older, I would suggest the following 2 adjustments.
- Adjust the skin to add imperfections. Either replace or perhaps use the skin builder 8 overlays.
- Reduce the size of the eyes slightly.
By the way, eyebrows would also help.

Techn0magier

Jul 2, 2017
If you would like to make the character look a little older, I would suggest the following 2 adjustments.
- Adjust the skin to add imperfections. Either replace or perhaps use the skin builder 8 overlays.
- Reduce the size of the eyes slightly.
By the way, eyebrows would also help.
Duh! -.- I knew I've forgotten smth.
As you can see on her forehead, I am already using L.I.E and such. But I agree that some more imperfections could be helpful. I just didn't want to overload it. Maybe some kind of dimples/splotches.
The eyesize is actually a good tip. I guess, that is, what you get, when you just watched "Alita". XD Good movie by the way. If you haven't seen it yet, just do it.

xht_002

Sep 25, 2018
iray sucks at dark scene's

no ghost lights, and emissive texture lamps on reality math and realistic LED lumen value's with luminance unit's set to cd/cm*2

ming_001.jpg

Reactions: larry5168
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes