3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

MovieMike

Aug 4, 2017
Have been working on the creation of a sci-fi strip club and a range of low texture characters to serve as the crowd. Test render as below. The spoiler contains 4 different angles of the strip club (no characters) to give a full view of the scene.
View attachment 242779
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Really nice, did you put everything together using pieces from other sets? Like the look of this place, feels full and yet sparse enough to not be super taxing... well, except the reflections.

brynhildr

Compulsive Gambler
Jun 2, 2017
I don't think that came out the way it should've, but the original clothes were for Gen 2. Plus that static tail (I've duplicated the original. Tried to give her at least three tails since I don't have enough RAM and I've to buy another set of 8) doesn't help me at all, with the fact that you can't bend it to give it at least some degree of.. "realism" .-.
Oh well, this is the result:

Mescalino

Aug 20, 2017
I don't think that came out the way it should've, but the original clothes were for Gen 2. Plus that static tail (I've duplicated the original. Tried to give her at least three tails since I don't have enough RAM and I've to buy another set of 8) doesn't help me at all, with the fact that you can't bend it to give it at least some degree of.. "realism" .-.
Oh well, this is the result:
There are several clothes converters out there:

Have used it with mixed results though so cant guarantee it will be better or worse.

brynhildr

Compulsive Gambler
Jun 2, 2017
There are several clothes converters out there:

Have used it with mixed results though so cant guarantee it will be better or worse.
In fact the Ahri clothes like I said, were from Gen 2 and I converted for Gen 8. The problem is the tail: not even another that I've downloaded is.. "flexible" enough to give some realism. So we do what we can with what we have ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reactions: Trojaner

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
Really nice, did you put everything together using pieces from other sets? Like the look of this place, feels full and yet sparse enough to not be super taxing... well, except the reflections.
The scene borrows heavily from asset designed by others, however reconfigured to my needs. I used primitives to create the stage / floor / roof / windows. The 2 major assets used are:
- Urban Future 5 (walls with arched openings / buildings and props outside the room)
- Z 24 Hour Bar (bar at the back, doors, tables and chairs)

One of the main tricks is to use instancing heavily. As such the bar stools / chairs / tables are only 1 prop that is then instanced a number of times.

Mescalino

Aug 20, 2017
Yep sometimes we don´t get exactly what we want, used RSSY ones myself ... shoes and poses convert are most time crap ... clothing need many time manual fixing ... sometimes all work asap with converting ... It´s like Art, it will never be Perfect :LOL:
In fact the Ahri clothes like I said, were from Gen 2 and I converted for Gen 8. The problem is the tail: not even another that I've downloaded is.. "flexible" enough to give some realism. So we do what we can with what we have ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Just thought i put it out there in case you havent heard or seen it. Why Wrestle if there is a tool :)
But not to go philosophicalbut sometimes its the road to the end result and not the end result itself :giggle::geek:

Marvellous Lunatic

Game Developer
Mar 22, 2018
I was testing a sligthly meaner more dramatic light setup and with some postwork i wanted to give it a more gritty look. I wish there were more short male hairs to choose from but this one is ok i guess :)
(Does anoyone know why the pictures get much more contrast after uploading here, is this some kind of compression behavoir by the backend of the forum? Details in dark areas just get lost, like the texture of the vest on the chest, the hairtexture and the texture in the background)
Edit: Sorry, my bad, it was a browser-setting.
Phil.jpg

Mescalino

Aug 20, 2017
I Tried the one light setup in Xavster's tutorial But for some bizar reason it always turned out red. Looked at all the colour settings but could not find the issue. used 6500 kelvin and 50k luminance. I git annoyed and just rendered it with HDRI lighting:
Alabama.jpg
Not to shabby. Maybe i should have brighten her eyes a bit more....

Techn0magier

Jul 2, 2017
Have you tried this one?
It is stiff but woks nicely with deformers

The other one I use often is:
The foxtail has 4 seperate bones, and allows for a lot of flexibility, while the plug itself can be hidden.

Reactions: brynhildr

brynhildr

Compulsive Gambler
Jun 2, 2017
Have you tried this one?
It is stiff but woks nicely with deformers

The other one I use often is:
The foxtail has 4 seperate bones, and allows for a lot of flexibility, while the plug itself can be hidden.
Uh, never thought about these two. When I get back, I have to try. Thanks!

Reactions: Roman DeVil

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
I Tried the one light setup in Xavster's tutorial But for some bizar reason it always turned out red. Looked at all the colour settings but could not find the issue. used 6500 kelvin and 50k luminance. I git annoyed and just rendered it with HDRI lighting:
The only things I can think of in terms of turning your character red, is that one of the following is happening.
- You still have a secondary light source active (hide the emissive light pane and try render --> should be pitch black)
- You have a red colour assigned to the emissive surface itself

The light pane I use for portrait renders is a plane primitive with the following properties:
- Apply !Iray Uber Base
- 1.5 x 1.5m
- Y Translate = 250
- Z Translate = 250
- X Rotate = -120
- Emission Colour 1.00 1.00 1.00 (white)
- Emission Temperature 6500
- Luminance 600 kcd/m^2

Character sits at 0,0,0 and I use a shutter speed (1/x) of 32.

Nomec104

Jul 28, 2017
Here i am, with a new female character i'm making. Originally i had in mind to give her some arabic lineament, but i dunno, she ended up looking like more a young woman coming from a tropical island than an arabian girl. Also halfaway the rendering time i noticed a little glitch in her hair, and i dont know how this is even possible since i used the Genesis 3 base shape to make her and the hair are just for Genesis 3 models.
Anansi Test 1.png

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes