• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

King of Lust

Game Developer
May 10, 2017
i am going to buy a new laptop for fast rendering can anyone suggest me the configuration that is needed for fast rendering. i am thinking about buying i7 7700HQ WITH 16GB RAM AND NVIDIA GTX 1050 4GB graphics card. is this confiq is okk?????

Lyranffs

Dec 5, 2017
i am going to buy a new laptop for fast rendering can anyone suggest me the configuration that is needed for fast rendering. i am thinking about buying i7 7700HQ WITH 16GB RAM AND NVIDIA GTX 1050 4GB graphics card. is this confiq is okk?????
You'll never get "fast render" on a laptop, i mean, i've got quite a good desktop config, run on i7 @ 3.30 GHz a geForce 1060 6Gb and i take like 5 min doing a character only render. (Took an hour to make a character sitting on a couch, in a room with HQ textures). You'll probably take more time than me since you gpu is 4Gb instead of my 6, but you could try then doing a Gpu + Cpu render, wich means while the render runs, you can't use the computer since Daz will use 100% CPU. It will still be pretty decent, and if you make low quality renders, it could be pretty fast. Try to get some other advices tough, maybe some people will have more details than me. (Still, if you want a fast render machine, it cost a lot, and rams are totally irrelevent. You only use your Proc and/or graphic card to render)

Edit : Other than that, the config looks pretty solid, it should be a good computer if you want to do some gaming, or basic video editing. If i was to buy a laptop as of now, it would probably be the kind of config i'd look for, depending on the price.

King of Lust

Game Developer
May 10, 2017
You'll never get "fast render" on a laptop, i mean, i've got quite a good desktop config, run on i7 @ 3.30 GHz a geForce 1060 6Gb and i take like 5 min doing a character only render. (Took an hour to make a character sitting on a couch, in a room with HQ textures). You'll probably take more time than me since you gpu is 4Gb instead of my 6, but you could try then doing a Gpu + Cpu render, wich means while the render runs, you can't use the computer since Daz will use 100% CPU. It will still be pretty decent, and if you make low quality renders, it could be pretty fast. Try to get some other advices tough, maybe some people will have more details than me. (Still, if you want a fast render machine, it cost a lot, and rams are totally irrelevent. You only use your Proc and/or graphic card to render)

Edit : Other than that, the config looks pretty solid, it should be a good computer if you want to do some gaming, or basic video editing. If i was to buy a laptop as of now, it would probably be the kind of config i'd look for, depending on the price.
then can you please suggest me laptop for fast rendering. because i live with my parents and that's why i can't use pc privately. laptop will be good for me. if you know any laptop which can provide quick renders then it will be grateful.

DarthSeduction

Lord of Passion
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 28, 2017
then can you please suggest me laptop for fast rendering. because i live with my parents and that's why i can't use pc privately. laptop will be good for me. if you know any laptop which can provide quick renders then it will be grateful.
The problem you're going to run into if you want speed is the video card. You want something more powerful. Anything less than a 1080 isn't going to be "fast". And the mobile versions are never as good as the desktop. I don't know what your whole deal is, but you could build a desktop from scratch with a better setup than the one you posted for less money than that laptop would cost.

Reactions: Lyranffs

Lyranffs

Dec 5, 2017
The problem you're going to run into if you want speed is the video card. You want something more powerful. Anything less than a 1080 isn't going to be "fast". And the mobile versions are never as good as the desktop. I don't know what your whole deal is, but you could build a desktop from scratch with a better setup than the one you posted for less money than that laptop would cost.
As Darth said, you need a really strong gpu to get fast renders, you could get a good laptop to do it, but it'll cost you more than 3K to get a good laptop, with a double gpu bridged. (And more than half that if you take it as a desktop) I understand your struggle living with parents and needing a laptop but, in that case there are 2 choices : Money is not a problem and you can take a look at some overpriced monster out there (The Predator 21 X for example, but cost 11 000€) wich, in the end will be a real beast but for what's inside, you'll make the same in a desktop for less than 4K, or, you're in the same situation i was when i was with my parents, and you'll get at big max a 2K laptop, wich is good, but won't give you good renders capability.

Problem is, the industry has'nt tackled the need for good render machines yet in the laptop format. (When i worked in 3D, nobody ever rendered on his own computer, the corp invested in what we call a "render farm", wich is actually only CPU or GPU, a screen a keyboard and some really basic gear. It was a whole rack of those, like a shelf full of motherboards with only little rams to be able to run an OS, some gpu and cpu and everything was linked togheter, and THAT would render pretty fast in full HD, but other than that, only amateurs like ourselves here would render on their own machine, because it isn't time efficient. You can't work while rendering, and the render of an animation would take weeks to get a 1 min animation @ 25 fps. My advice would be "lower your standards" as in "don't expect lightning fast renders on a laptop". The best, for a one person team, in my oppinion, is to be time efficient as in "get yourself a dedicated machine to do the renders, while you can still work on your designs on your main computer." It'll cost you like... 600 bucks to make one, it won't be a computer you'll play on, it'll only be used to render, and if you do some webdesign you could use it as a data server at the same time, but at least you'll be able to still use your main computer to work or play, while the render's busy.

Aug 5, 2016
There's a lot of great stuff here. I am just starting myself and I can certainly look here for inspiration.

I use a laptop to render too, and just accept that I'll have to wait 10 minutes for each render to complete. It gives me time to get another cup of coffee or browse this site in the meantime.

Aug 5, 2016
My first attempt at rendering with Daz. Lighting is probably what I struggled the most with, until I decided just to go with some presets I found. I'll need to actually read a tutorial about how to set up lighting in this program myself, if I really want to do something with this studio program.

This is Maddie. Whom I am creating to use in a game I am fiddling with. I intend for her to be tomboyish, freckled and somewhat of a scrapper.

Comments and thoughts are always appreciated.

Maddie Portrait 1.png

Jai Ho

May 31, 2017
My first attempt at rendering with Daz. Lighting is probably what I struggled the most with, until I decided just to go with some presets I found. I'll need to actually read a tutorial about how to set up lighting in this program myself, if I really want to do something with this studio program.

This is Maddie. Whom I am creating to use in a game I am fiddling with. I intend for her to be tomboyish, freckled and somewhat of a scrapper.

Comments and thoughts are always appreciated.

View attachment 77637
The hair is perfect color for the face, and the top is perfect color tone for the hair. Really nice! Maybe turn down the environment lighting a bit so the reflection on her forearm is not so strong? I always have trouble lighting. I like that she has muscles - maybe take her to the 'gun show' and let us see sometime in the future? :)

Reactions: FrozenNorseman

grandefarao

Jun 4, 2017
One thing I'd like to learn is how I create Oriental characters using Daz3D's PowerPose using the original Genesis.

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes