• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Early render.png

This is an early aborted render on a portrait I am trying to do of Sandi. I have 3-point lighting set up, and the lumens on the key light coming in from the right are set at 100000.0. I am getting light coming from the blue contrast light, but nothing from the key light and her face is staying dark. I tried dropping another spot light in the same position as the white key light and set the lumens at 10000000.0 but still no love in the face (this one was set as a point light, but was directly targeting her face). I also went in and set the render priority for that light to highest priority, but it's still not lighting her face. Any ideas on what could be going on here? I would appreciate any suggestions, as I need her face lit for this.

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
View attachment 183705

This is an early aborted render on a portrait I am trying to do of Sandi. I have 3-point lighting set up, and the lumens on the key light coming in from the right are set at 100000.0. I am getting light coming from the blue contrast light, but nothing from the key light and her face is staying dark. I tried dropping another spot light in the same position as the white key light and set the lumens at 10000000.0 but still no love in the face (this one was set as a point light, but was directly targeting her face). I also went in and set the render priority for that light to highest priority, but it's still not lighting her face. Any ideas on what could be going on here? I would appreciate any suggestions, as I need her face lit for this.
I went back to the tutorial where I learned about the three-point lighting setup and found that I had missed some instructions. There were special settings for F-stop and shutter speed: Shutter Speed to 200, F/Stop to 16 and ISO to 200. Once I change to these values, the face lit right up. I need to remember that for next time.

Last edited:

Mescalino

Aug 20, 2017
View attachment 183705

Let me start by saying this is the place to "show your skill" and not to ask questions. (not intended as being rude)
That being said its hard to give feedback without exactly knowing the position of the lighting and so forth.
However, start by just the model and only 1 spotlight pointing ad her face then build the other lighting from there to light the rest. First make sure her face is lit as that seems to be the main focus.

MovieMike

Aug 4, 2017
Someone's having a hard time as of late. Just testing out filling a scene with props and how long this would take to render. Pleasantly surprised with the speed, took about 3 minutes. Mostly lit using ghost lights and emissives in the set. Some despeckle, sharpen work in post, no coloring. Usually I'd render at 2-4 times the size and then resize in Photoshop, but just wanted to get a quick render out.

At the Bar.png

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Let me start by saying this is the place to "show your skill" and not to ask questions. (not intended as being rude)
That being said its hard to give feedback without exactly knowing the position of the lighting and so forth.
However, start by just the model and only 1 spotlight pointing ad her face then build the other lighting from there to light the rest. First make sure her face is lit as that seems to be the main focus.
My bad. Thank you for your kind but direct response. Next time I have questions, I will find a more appropriate forum to post them in. Otherwise I will stick to posting my work here as I progress. Thank you again.

Reactions: Domiek

Thanos247

Devourer of Worlds
Donor
Jun 11, 2017
Any ideas on what could be going on here? I would appreciate any suggestions, as I need her face lit for this.
Lighting basics homie:

A trick you can also do if you just want light; eliminate all spotlights and make the whole fucking render brighter. Your probably thinking, 'why the hell would I do that, its going to be dark as shit.' So go to render settings tab > Film ISO and make the number higher by 50 each time. Sometime you might have to do it until you get past 300. Its one way to make everything brighter, mostly good for those dark to dim rooms. Here is a picture what that setting, as my mouse is pointed to it. Just play with the settings and see what you come up with. Also, the setting right underneath ISO, you can fuck with that for different lighting as well. You just never know

maxxxboy

Dec 9, 2017
Someone knows an asset for Christmas, I'm talking about the manger, something like that but without the characters and obviously without the DeLorian jajaja

1543035142009.png

DiosDecay

Mar 2, 2018
Sandi and Matt have some fun. Day 3 on my Daz 3D journey and time to mix it up a bit. The luminosity on my key light is still too high, I need to back it off a bit. Sandi could look like she is having a bit more fun ... I just got some new facial expression morphs that should improve that situation. This actually took as long as it did because Sandi was a rework of another popular actress asset ... I wonder if anyone recognizes who. I'll shoot a portrait up for closer analysis. Part of the challenge in Daz 3D perspective (and any other view, for that matter) is precise knowledge of relationships between models and surfaces really isn't possible until after renders. I can see that Matt's left foot is slightly elevated and the model needs to be rotated slightly to plant his foot. But, 3 days in and my first credible sex scene has not left me feeling too disappointed.
Nice work, always good to see more people using/experimenting with DAZ. to avoid 'floating models' after I place them in a pose I usually position them so the points of contact I want to use are where I want them in relation to objects, then make some fine adjustments so the pose/interactions between models seem natural (I also noticed that Matt's left hand is clipping into Sandi's leg).

To soften any hard shadows I tend to make the surface of my lights bigger if I was using spotlights I would set it to rectangular, set the height and width to 90 depending on requirements and set the luminous flux to anywhere between 60,000 and 90,000 depending. If I was using an emissive plane, depending on what I was using it for I would make it size appropriate adjust the emission temp to something suitable and adjust the luminance as needed.

Those are just some things I tried and liked, the numbers are not part of tutorial I am aware of, I would suggest experiement a lot, apply the things you like and keep at it.

Reactions: Thanos247

mcmania

Dec 4, 2016
My last render... A dark ceremony...
(still a bit grainy... but my f**cking tablet was begging me to let it cool down... so I stopped the render after 10 hours... will update the image when its completly done)...
As always, comments are welcome...

Updated :
View attachment 181788
Variation of my previous render. If you don't mind to comment, I would want to know which version is best and what can be improved.

new version:
The Ceremony [clothed succubus with demon].png

Last edited:

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Sandi's fun.png
Sandi portrait 1.png

Two of a girl-next-door character I am working on, Sandi. The first is her pleasuring herself on the beach. The second is a portrait, but the lighting still isn't great, but I have found a solution to that and will upload it as soon as I have time to render it. This is from a Daz 3D teen stock model, where I reworked the lips, nose, eyes, facial structure, breast size and breast details, as well as equipping with genitals. I am curious if anyone can guess which model this originally was. These were created in my first few days of touching Daz 3D, and I have considerable previous experience with 2D but have never touched 3D until this week. I hope you like her.

Last edited:

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Nice work, always good to see more people using/experimenting with DAZ. to avoid 'floating models' after I place them in a pose I usually position them so the points of contact I want to use are where I want them in relation to objects, then make some fine adjustments so the pose/interactions between models seem natural (I also noticed that Matt's left hand is clipping into Sandi's leg).

To soften any hard shadows I tend to make the surface of my lights bigger if I was using spotlights I would set it to rectangular, set the height and width to 90 depending on requirements and set the luminous flux to anywhere between 60,000 and 90,000 depending. If I was using an emissive plane, depending on what I was using it for I would make it size appropriate adjust the emission temp to something suitable and adjust the luminance as needed.

Those are just some things I tried and liked, the numbers are not part of tutorial I am aware of, I would suggest experiement a lot, apply the things you like and keep at it.
Thank you very much for your kind and constructive comments. I will revisit that piece and see what I can do to tweak and improve it. I must say that discovering and figuring out how to use Power Pose has helped me a lot on repositioning things with my models and other assets.

Thanos247

Devourer of Worlds
Donor
Jun 11, 2017
She reminds me of someone :)
She does, because it’s the same vendor who made that one. You know how Vendors are; they make one model and change two or three things and repackage it like they did it from scratch.

Reactions: p_staker

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Matt and Sandi 2.png
Matt and Sandi revisited.

I fixed a few of the posing issues and backed down the lighting. Even though the models could be lit a little more, I like this because now Sandi's skin texture is a lot more visible. The shadows are also a bit softer. The scene actually makes a little more sense, because the back lighting would 'pop' more than the characters in front of it. I also got a more appropriate facial expression for Sandi, who now looks like she might actually be enjoying this :p

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes