3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Evic

May 25, 2018
Trying to fix this :p
Just been strugling with the lighting:
Thanks for picking up the good fight with me :)

Few things that may help:

I would put a tree outside the window to hide the beach.
Add a ghost light near the camera to give a nice soft fill, a natural daylight temp (4500ish) would look nice.
Play around with volumetric dust if you saw my link a couple pages back, that will scatter a lot of light around the scene.

Unrelated to the light:

You may want to fix her pony tail to go with gravity :)
I would take her finger off the trigger too, the only people that hold guns with their finger on the trigger are people that don't know what they're doing and hollywood actors.

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Hey folks, new here, just started working with Daz not long ago. Needed some models for the project/game I am working on. First multi-person render (no background yet). This is with Blender and Marvelous Designer to mold the clothing more realistically to the bodies.

View attachment 182402
Ok, I know some folks get off on large breasts but come on. Any woman that is endowed in that manner (as the woman on the left) is, is having breast-reduction surgery. Stop it, please.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mescalino

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Trying to fix this :p
Just been strugling with the lighting:
View attachment 182333
Are you using three-point lighting on this, because the lack of shadows is really evident. If the light is actually coming from the front of her, which it seems, then behind her should naturally have a shadow, but it does not. You can Google three-point lighting in Daz 3D and there are some nice tutorials out there that explain in with much more depth.

BrightPastry

Nov 21, 2018
Ok, I know some folks get off on large breasts but come on. Any woman that is endowed in that manner (as the woman on the left) is, is having breast-reduction surgery. Stop it, please.
I understand that, it's one of the few in the series! So far the renders may not be final either, it's a WIP for sure, and any and all feedback is welcome on them. I'll be posting a few more later on that may be more to your liking ;)

LP83

Engaged Member
Oct 13, 2016
View attachment 181879

Experimenting with post-proc work for the first time... may have gone a little bit overboard with all the cool things that I don't quite understand yet.
She's so HOT!!!

Not bad for first work, I think. Maybe in the future I'll use this character for the game
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Damn, she has a GREAT body!!
Can't wait to see more... while keeping the heels hehehee

:love::love::love:

A nightly visitor
Awesome scene!

Mescalino

Aug 20, 2017
Thanks for picking up the good fight with me :)

Few things that may help:

I would put a tree outside the window to hide the beach.
Add a ghost light near the camera to give a nice soft fill, a natural daylight temp (4500ish) would look nice.
Play around with volumetric dust if you saw my link a couple pages back, that will scatter a lot of light around the scene.

Unrelated to the light:

You may want to fix her pony tail to go with gravity :)
I would take her finger off the trigger too, the only people that hold guns with their finger on the trigger are people that don't know what they're doing and hollywood actors.
will try to remember this

Are you using three-point lighting on this, because the lack of shadows is really evident. If the light is actually coming from the front of her, which it seems, then behind her should naturally have a shadow, but it does not. You can Google three-point lighting in Daz 3D and there are some nice tutorials out there that explain in with much more depth.
No i only used a ball shape ghostlighting. I am aware of the 3 point lighting but i wanted to try and create a different effect....

It just wouldn't comply the way i wanted it....

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Ok. Second day into my Daz 3D journey and I am working with 3 point lighting. I have a orange rim light positioned behind and above my actress. It is showing up in the render, and I can't figure out why. It can be seen in this render above the plant on the right and slightly to the right. Any suggestions on how to make that light source non-visible? I know I also have to crank down the intensity of the lighting as well, as the shadows are too sharp, but that was kind of expected because the presets I was using tend towards the high side with luminosity. Suggestions are welcome.

As a side note, I just discovered spot render, which is amazing. That allows me to tinker with the luminosity values and see the results in minutes rather than the time it was taking to render the entire image. Much better.

Last edited:

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
Ok. Second day into my Daz 3D journey and I am working with 3 point lighting. I have a orange rim light positioned behind and above my actress. It is showing up in the render, and I can't figure out why. It can be seen in this render above the plant on the right and slightly to the right. Any suggestions on how to make that light source non-visible? I know I also have to crank down the intensity of the lighting as well, as the shadows are too sharp, but that was kind of expected because the presets I was using tend towards the high side with luminosity. Suggestions are welcome.
You can make the back light invisible by changing the cutout opacity to virtually 0 (0.0001). It's emmissive properties should still work. Some other general comments in relation to your image.
- Personally I would be starting with a Genesis 8 figure as recent assets are for these figures.
- Character pose needs some work. There are plenty of preset poses available that can act as a starting point.
- When positioning your character, make sure that the character is not floating above 'ground' level. This will become easier as you get more skilled at controlling the view angles. It as also often easier to adjust the Y position in the properties tab than it is to drag the character.
- In terms of lighting, where possible you should use what the surroundings offer. There is an actual light in the background above and to the left of the pot plant. You could change the emmissive properties of this light in the surfaces tab to act as the back light.

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes