3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Deleted member 444674

Game Developer
Feb 17, 2018
I remodeled Lauren a bit. I originally just wanted to change her hairstyle because the Oleander hair isn't very "pose friendly" to my knowledge unless there's another way that I'm unaware of.

So after changing her hair, her face (and body) needed some slight remodeling as well cause the hair wasn't framing the face as well as I'd liked (Forgot to pose her side bangs closer to her cheeks, but whatever). Then lowered the translucency weight of her skin a bit and added freckles with the Skin Builder, which I might redo, because I wanted it to be just barely visible. It's still too visible.

I still have the original Lauren model saved though. Still one of my favorites. Might use version 2 Lauren for my next project though.

Or maybe I should just make V2 Lauren a new character entirely and use them as sisters? Decisions, decisions...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Lauren V2.jpg

OGDX

Dec 5, 2017
New character. Any feedback/suggestions?

Red Rear2.jpg

So I have to ask, when you guys are making a scene, have any of y'all ever felt like like you've hit a plateau, and you're not able to really improve the quality of the renders you're creating? I can't seem to figure out what exactly I need to learn or do to improve my work to the next level, like that presented by some of the top artists that are regular posters in this thread. If anyone has experienced something similar or has any tips to share, help a brother out!

Insanepenguin91

Game Developer
May 18, 2017

View attachment 180691

So I have to ask, when you guys are making a scene, have any of y'all ever felt like like you've hit a plateau, and you're not able to really improve the quality of the renders you're creating? I can't seem to figure out what exactly I need to learn or do to improve my work to the next level, like that presented by some of the top artists that are regular posters in this thread. If anyone has experienced something similar or has any tips to share, help a brother out!
i think i know what you talking about - alot of the renders i do now look very similar to my previous work, so im testing out different skin tones, lighting methods to get a different feel to my work. its mostly about testing and going forward with it

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018

View attachment 180691

I think the key to improvement is to try something different with each render. For example you could use the model above (which is very nice) and place it in an action scene of some description. You could play around with hair / cloth posing or potentially use dforce to give an impression of motion. You could also place in a scene with significant environmental effects (eg. smoke, rain low light etc). Essentially challenge yourself such that with each render you learn just that little bit more.

Deleted member 444674

Game Developer
Feb 17, 2018

View attachment 180691

I've definitely felt like that. What I do is I start exploring the settings rather than the assets. Now, any time I have the scene I want, I go into the tone mapping settings in the render settings tab and start playing around there to see what works better.

For most of my renders recently, whether it be a single character or a scene, I put the gamma at 1.50, the crush blacks at 1.00 and the white point scale up to 10.00, and adjust the lighting in the scene accordingly. Something about those settings gives the scene more texture, for lack of a better term. But then you could add a vignette etc, as well as the bloom in the filtering settings. There's plenty of different combinations there, but it's all about what you're going for in the scene.

Deleted member 444674

Game Developer
Feb 17, 2018
Already planning my next comic, which will involve Lauren this time around. And straight sex all around. The scene is actually partially the idea I had for the plot of an actual story. Not really the plot, but a characteristic that ends up being a driving point in the story. This comic will serve as sort of a one-shot to that idea I have.

But yeah, this scene will see Lauren involved with her longtime friend, who is also an artist.

Art Studio.jpg

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes