3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

OldMoonSong

Jun 2, 2018
Man,
this is not 'Professional 3D Designer's thread ONLY, with 10 years of experience'.
Everyone in this thread has his own taste and skill, so...
If you do not like it, just skip it :)
I'm not saying it should be a place for professionals. I'm certainly not. Look at my posts.

However, I do put effort into everything I post here. I don't think that's true for some people here, though, which I think is disappointing.

Like the rest of you, I look forward to seeing new stuff here. But when I don't see any effort or thought put into content, I can only ask why the creator thinks it belongs here.

Sure, I can ignore it, but that doesn't mean there isn't a problem, or that I'm a little less enthusiastic every time I see the notification that there's a new image here.

GuyFreely

May 2, 2018
Yeah, I kind of think the thread is more of a show and tell thread than a sophisticated art gallery thread. If you want an only the best true art thread, that would probably be a separate thing. I don't know what sort of thread controls are possible on this bbs. Maybe there can be a curated thread for high quality art where not just anyone can post. You could even start such a thread with the best posts from here so far. I do appreciate it when people ask for direct feedback. I don't want to be hyper critical of someone's work who isn't ready for it.

OldMoonSong

Jun 2, 2018
Yeah, I kind of think the thread is more of a show and tell thread than a sophisticated art gallery thread. If you want an only the best true art thread, that would probably be a separate thing. I don't know what sort of thread controls are possible on this bbs. Maybe there can be a curated thread for high quality art where not just anyone can post. You could even start such a thread with the best posts from here so far. I do appreciate it when people ask for direct feedback. I don't want to be hyper critical of someone's work who isn't ready for it.
I'm not calling for some type of curation, I just want the people that post here--the ones not asking for feedback, but the ones saying "look at what I made!"--to actually put in at least the EFFORT to make something worth looking at.

It's not as much a matter of quality as it is effort/time.

I agree with everything you said, I just wanted to make that clarification.

thecardinal

Latina midget, sub to my Onlyfans - cash for gash
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
I'm not calling for some type of curation, I just want the people that post here--the ones not asking for feedback, but the ones saying "look at what I made!"--to actually put in at least the EFFORT to make something worth looking at.

And who will judge the 'effort' or 'time' it takes? If someone is new or inexperienced or even just has a shitty computer and can't render backgrounds or without grain, they shouldn't withhold sharing their creations because you feel it is low effort or they didn't spend enough time creating something.

Like someone else said, make your own thread if you feel like others don't measure up to your skill with Daz.

OldMoonSong

Jun 2, 2018
And who will judge the 'effort' or 'time' it takes? If someone is new or inexperienced or even just has a shitty computer and can't render backgrounds or without grain, they shouldn't withhold sharing their creations because you feel it is low effort or they didn't spend enough time creating something.

Like someone else said, make your own thread if you feel like others don't measure up to your skill with Daz.
See

GuyFreely

May 2, 2018
Alright guys I realized I was wrong to care about effort or what anyone else might think of my work.

I spent about 3 minutes tweaking body proportions and--believe it or not--rendered this baby in FIFTY-ONE SECONDS.

Behold.

View attachment 115697
Well first off, the image is poorly cropped. The lighting could be better too. The pose isn't very interesting. Overall 5/7.

Reactions: OldMoonSong

thecardinal

Latina midget, sub to my Onlyfans - cash for gash
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
Alright guys I realized I was wrong to care about effort or what anyone else might think of my work.

I spent about 3 minutes tweaking body proportions and--believe it or not--rendered this baby in FIFTY-ONE SECONDS.

Behold.

View attachment 115697
This is almost as low effort as making a game with a sci-fi setting and giving the female main character that Voss hair that's in every game.

5/7 with rice

epw14

Jun 28, 2017
As much as I appreciate seeing new renders, the quality of content in this thread is declining. It's titled Daz3d ART. DazSKILL. And yet, a lot of stuff posted here is bordering on spam quality.

Am I the only one seeing this? Figures without backgrounds. Grainy, half-complete renders. Figures still in the default T pose. Images labeled with "I spent two minutes setting this scene up and rendered it in X minutes."

Of course, this is a place to discuss and post our work, and asking for feedback/criticism/advice is great. But that's not what THESE posts are. I won't call anyone out specifically, but please ask yourself before you post: "Am I explicitly asking for feedback on this image?" If the answer is "no" then ask yourself, "do I think other people would find this render visually pleasing?" If you have doubts on that, then you should either 1) explicitly ask for criticism and feedback on how to make it look better, or 2) not post.

I'm not here to throw shit, I just don't think people should be filling the thread with it.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

mcmania

Dec 4, 2016

Hi OldMoonSong,

I agree with you on the fact that some renders are ugly... but like we say in french "all tastes are in nature", meaning that something that is not suitable for you can be for someone else... I am pretty sure that some people find what I am doing is garbage... That is normal, but if you want to progress you need to dare to show what your are doing to have comments... even if it is shit or unfinished work...
When I posted my renders, I asked for critics and praising, some people answered me liking my posts or giving advice about postwork or so... but not you... So if you want to give your voice, something that I find good, help the others...

Sorry for my poor English, I am not a native speaker... I hope the tone of this post is not aggressive, because it is not the intend...

Evic

May 25, 2018
View attachment 115707 spent 2+ hours making her colors look good.. who give a fuck about render time and backgrounds..
I think that's what some people miss, not all of the work in a render is setting up lights and backgrounds and if that wasn't the focus of what you did, it's just... well, background noise if you can pardon the pun. I like looking at the poses people come up with, expressions, unique characters or using other things in Daz like dForce or different render settings.

I like sculptures, they very often have zero lighting or backgrounds as part of the art itself.

And now I'm having a hard time not rating this thread since it is definitely my favorite thread here. :)

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes