• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.
3.50 star(s) 125 Votes

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
@rczdev is correct. I had a transition issue with my laptop when windows overwrote the old driver and it messed up a couple files for 3D applications. I went to the laptop's manufacturer driver panel, checked the laptop drivers and got a new gfx driver. Rebooted and the game ran smooth.
On my desktop, I have run the offline versions of chapters 8 and 9 simultaneously without issues. BUT- if you run the cracked version (look for cmd windows), you cannot open a new instance unless you close the cmd window. Because of the cracked versions being the assets downloaded and then run with a custom .bat file, there will be issues.

Reactions: Krull

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
@rczdev is correct. I had a transition issue with my laptop when windows overwrote the old driver and it messed up a couple files for 3D applications. I went to the laptop's manufacturer driver panel, checked the laptop drivers and got a new gfx driver. Rebooted and the game ran smooth.
On my desktop, I have run the offline versions of chapters 8 and 9 simultaneously without issues. BUT- if you run the cracked version (look for cmd windows), you cannot open a new instance unless you close the cmd window. Because of the cracked versions being the assets downloaded and then run with a custom .bat file, there will be issues.
The issue with running multiple simultaneous cracked versions is the port - the batch file in all of them use the same port number, 29595. If you run a 2nd one, the bind() call will fail (since port 29595 is currently bound), then the http connection opened by the batch file will connect to the server running on port 29595, which is the first one you opened.

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
^^^ That explains why you must close the CMD window after finishing a cracked version.

Also, I must remind everyone that if you report any bugs, do these 3 things:
1- State exactly which version of game it is. Look at the folder name or the broswer tab. Is it online/offine?
Like this "This bug is while running offline version of Chapter 11 1.01 on Win 10."
2- Please please don't forget your "Print Screen" button if you have one. If you run into a bug, it'll usually show a small window stating the process/issue that caused the problem. What I need you to do is hit that "Print Screen" button, open paint, paste the screenshot, black out any personal info, save it, then upload the screenshot of the error to this post using the "upload a file" at the bottom right of the text entry panel.
3- What was the scene that was playing or what was the action that triggered it? Be specific!

The specific info plus the screenshot of the error takes hours of hunting down to minutes. Just minutes instead of hours. Because now they can see the screen of the specific error along with knowing which game version and where you were at when it occurred, they can bugtest that exact scene within minutes. Or in one case, catch a misspelling that caused the error within seconds.

Darrel Caper

Jun 5, 2017
Whats the difference between the normal and cracked chapters? Also, I haven't checked on this game since it had 3 or 4 chapters. Are they all worth playing, i.e. what does each chapter have in it?

Georgivd

Apr 3, 2018
what's the difference between normal and cracked versions?
None, cracked ones are posted few weeks earlier usually but might have problems (I think in chapter 9 there was this thing if you click with the mouse it counted it as a skip). I normally wait for the official release.

Reactions: HunterSeeker

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
Whats the difference between the normal and cracked chapters? Also, I haven't checked on this game since it had 3 or 4 chapters. Are they all worth playing, i.e. what does each chapter have in it?
cracked version = assets pulled from online game, run with custom batch file using your browser. Opens cmd window to run the port. If you close the cmd window, it closes the game. Only online saves will work with cracked versions and cracked version saves need to be backed up using the save/load function so they can be used with online versions only.

Normal = use a link to play online version. Or use downloadable version to play offline and the offline versions only read offline saves since they are stored in %appdata%.

Kathy has a scenes in several chapters IIRC. The "daughter" or "adopted girl" has several scenes now. In chapters 7,8,9 and 10 there is a scene in each with various characters, mostly the "daughter".

Edited.. It's been last spring when I played those chapters - 7-9. I only took a couple quick runs thru 10 a couple months ago. So I really haven't play 10 and haven't even gone past the opening screen in 11 right now. I should get offline and play them to see what's in it..

Reactions: Darrel Caper

Jabism

Apr 15, 2018
So I have never played this, but it looks amazing. I noticed there is no tag for "animated". does that mean that there are no animated scenes, or is it just missing the tag?

hashcheckin

Dec 22, 2017
I kinda can't wait for this to be done and compiled into a single program. Some of the best writing in the business here, but the separate chapters makes me not want to bother.

lorddarkam

Jan 1, 2018
I kinda can't wait for this to be done and compiled into a single program. Some of the best writing in the business here, but the separate chapters makes me not want to bother.
yep i wont play it cuz so many diferent donwload wtf, also you can't just take the latest what is a turn off for me

Luigi08

May 1, 2017
I know this is probably going to come off as annoying or stupid but is there a way to play all chapters without online connection? Is that possible with the Cracked version? Also sorry for the question, it's just been since Chapter 3 since I last played.

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
I know this is probably going to come off as annoying or stupid but is there a way to play all chapters without online connection? Is that possible with the Cracked version? Also sorry for the question, it's just been since Chapter 3 since I last played.
Just download the official chapters links. Those download links are for the offline version

Reactions: Krull

Keemy

Jun 17, 2018
quick question, I got a save for chapter 10 but i cant load it to chapter 11, whenever i load the backed up file the game restarts and then proceeds to ask my name again. If you guys have a solution I would be really grateful. Cheers

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
quick question, I got a save for chapter 10 but i cant load it to chapter 11, whenever i load the backed up file the game restarts and then proceeds to ask my name again. If you guys have a solution I would be really grateful. Cheers
This is how it's supposed to work. At least the restarting part. The only difference is that after loading that backup and restarting the game, your previously entered name should be visible there.

TORIKO98

Dec 13, 2017
I just downloaded all the 11 chapters of the cracked version. But I am only able to play the first chapter. I am unable to play the later chapters. Can I get any help?

3.50 star(s) 125 Votes