Mar 7, 2018
We have 7 more corruption levels to cover:)

The last update 0.20 brings the reveal that Margo is into swinging so we definitely will see more of her.
Thta last monologue bring all possible LI if you on harem path of course-Elena,Georgina,Jennifer,Margo and finaly Cassandra:)
Indeed theres lots of corruption stages left! Hope we get to see all of them! Then the game would feel really complete like they thought from the beginning, and MrDots post mention a bit that they now make the game like they "wanted"(don't know if I believe, feel some stuff is a bit shortened but...) :)

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
Indeed theres lots of corruption stages left! Hope we get to see all of them! Then the game would feel really complete like they thought from the beginning, and MrDots post mention a bit that they now make the game like they "wanted"(don't know if I believe, feel some stuff is a bit shortened but...) :)
Imagine the possible harem.
We already have a glimpse.

I wonder if we can get something closer to that in Melody.

Reactions: John Doe Jr.

HalloCharlie

Mar 27, 2018
Good to know, thanks. It's still rather absurd to take an entire month off, though. People that professionally work on making games for a living and not doing it as a hobby don't even take a full month off between December and January.
I can't imagine the amount of effort and the time they spent working each day just so they could make it in time. Also, both games have been getting a lot of great content each release. So it's more than deserved. Plus, everyone gets one month each year for holidays. The benefit from having your own business is that you know when you should and can stop for the time you want.

Walg

Visual art is my magnet. Currently inactive
GFX Designer
Donor
Oct 5, 2018
Good to know, thanks. It's still rather absurd to take an entire month off, though. People that professionally work on making games for a living and not doing it as a hobby don't even take a full month off between December and January.
I think it's rather absurd they haven't taken a break earlier considering the content they make from a small team. As long as MrDot's patrons don't mind then really it doesn't matter does it?

I can't imagine the amount of effort and the time they spent working each day just so they could make it in time. Also, both games have been getting a lot of great content each release. So it's more than deserved. Plus, everyone gets one month each year for holidays. The benefit from having your own business is that you know when you should and can stop for the time you want.
Not everyone gets a month off but MrDots and his small team have worked their tails off so it's definitely overdue. Especially since their last update too.

Jeff Steel

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
In the active duty military we had 30 days of,leave a year, and we were encouraged to take that leave in a chunk of 3-4 weeks in order to get away for a good stretch of time. In addition, several of my friends teach at the college and high school level and they get summers off. There is something to,be said for being able to take a chunk of time off because at then end of,it, you are wanting to get back to work rather than feeling the time off was too short.

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
In the active duty military we had 30 days of,leave a year, and we were encouraged to take that leave in a chunk of 3-4 weeks in order to get away for a good stretch of time. In addition, several of my friends teach at the college and high school level and they get summers off. There is something to,be said for being able to take a chunk of time off because at then end of,it, you are wanting to get back to work rather than feeling the time off was too short.
2019-01-02 is going to be my first day back to work since the end of November - I saved all my vacation and personal time for the month of December, like I try to do each year. Sometimes it doesn't work out and I need to keep going anyway, but this year it was truly a long break. So much more refreshing than even a full week off, I feel.

VonRaschke

Aug 11, 2016
This isn't the military or public service, though. It's making a Renpy game as a hobby. Writing text, posing 3D models, and working with Renpy logic code is much, much easier than making a game in Unreal or Unity 3D, and my point is that people that work crunch hours, work from home, and work hard to meet deadlines because their jobs' and/or bonuses depend on getting the work done in time don't bail on their team/project for an entire month short of a medical emergency.

Why not just say the next update will be light because the majority of the team took holiday for 2 or so weeks and still deliver it on the monthly schedule? To further my point, the "Patreon dev cycle" seems to be perverting a lot of people's perception of the game dev cycle where they don't seem to care about the time invested on the product, just that they expect it to always be there like they were subscribing to Netflix. It's a slippery slope for both the people working on the game and the people funding them to simultaneously take each other for granted.

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
This isn't the military or public service, though. It's making a Renpy game as a hobby. Writing text, posing 3D models, and working with Renpy logic code is much, much easier than making a game in Unreal or Unity 3D, and my point is that people that work crunch hours, work from home, and work hard to meet deadlines because their jobs' and/or bonuses depend on getting the work done in time don't bail on their team/project for an entire month short of a medical emergency.

Why not just say the next update will be light because the majority of the team took holiday for 2 or so weeks and still deliver it on the monthly schedule? To further my point, the "Patreon dev cycle" seems to be perverting a lot of people's perception of the game dev cycle where they don't seem to care about the time invested on the product, just that they expect it to always be there like they were subscribing to Netflix. It's a slippery slope for both the people working on the game and the people funding them to simultaneously take each other for granted.
Because this will be his first break from almost 30 months.The man deserve some vacation.

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017

Why are you complaining about the "Patreon dev cycle"? He's turning off pledges for the month. Let him do what he wants; he's not taking people's money.

Jeff Steel

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017

95% of the work on both projects are by MDots and Hearsz - Gaetano and I present 5% or less in man hours. In essence, the entire team said let’s take a break.

As for the product delivered, we’ve structured it (more or less) that each block of product is one day (DMD) or a week (Melody) with somewhat consistent product coming out of each release to match the amount of the week prior and the week subsequent. [I know that DMD broke that rule recently]. At any rate, doing a 2-week release does not fall within that paradigm.

As for taking the Patrons for granted, MDots did not and decided to cut funding on Melody for the month. This is the second time he has done this over the past 2.5 years when the last time was during the Patreon incest debacle.

pim0

daydreamer
Donor
Sep 20, 2018
95% of the work on both projects are by MDots and Hearsz - Gaetano and I present 5% or less in man hours. In essence, the entire team said let’s take a break.

As for the product delivered, we’ve structured it (more or less) that each block of product is one day (DMD) or a week (Melody) with somewhat consistent product coming out of each release to match the amount of the week prior and the week subsequent. [I know that DMD broke that rule recently]. At any rate, doing a 2-week release does not fall within that paradigm.

As for taking the Patrons for granted, MDots did not and decided to cut funding on Melody for the month. This is the second time he has done this over the past 2.5 years when the last time was during the Patreon incest debacle.
Your team is doing a great job.:love::love::love:
1000 thanks and happy holidays(y)(y)(y)

Fanatic7

Jun 5, 2017
happy Holiday's, you deserve it. So next update is the start of chapter 3 or you are still planing a few more updates for chapter 2?

Ed B

Sep 24, 2017

Me for one...Don't feel as if any explanation has to given. Enjoy the time off and come back fresh and rejuvenated

Reactions: JeefZ
3.80 star(s) 320 Votes