VN Ren'Py Dating Joyce: a Deckbuilding Game [v0.5] [Omshinwa18]

4.60 star(s) 13 Votes

emmeline64

May 17, 2020
I keep failing the date. What are the conditions which cause you to fail? I know having lust too high can do it, but what else?

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
I keep failing the date. What are the conditions which cause you to fail? I know having lust too high can do it, but what else?
Assuming you don't hit the affection/trust thresholds,
  1. Lust > Affection
  2. Running out of cards
  3. Running out of turns
If it's #2, you probably need to add/upgrade your talk/touch cards.

user2020user

Oct 28, 2020
Took me 200 days to finish the storyline lol, but overall quite nice. There is only one thing i dont like. You can only progress a day if you clear your lust, if you don't want to add any cards to your deck. I would like to progress the day with "doing nothing" or something.

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
Took me 200 days to finish the storyline lol, but overall quite nice. There is only one thing i dont like. You can only progress a day if you clear your lust, if you don't want to add any cards to your deck. I would like to progress the day with "doing nothing" or something.
I don't know about you, but I needed more cards, not less lol. Then again, I cleared it in 80 days. I could do it in half the time if I knew what to expect.

Jun 16, 2023
Also i just tried it and Joyplay doesnt work for me, i wonder how u made it happen
Joiplay offers many plugins besides rpgm. It's a launcher for Ren'Py, RPG Maker XP/VX/VX Ace/MV/MZ, TyranoBuilder and HTML5 based games. It also supports ruffle. You just have to download their respective plugins on top of downloading the joiplay main app.

Go to and from the latest public post (free) download joiplay AND the renpy plugin (these are two different apks). Allow storage access to both these applications. Download this game and extract the zip. Open Joiplay and hit + symbol on top right. It gives option to add game so click that. Now locate this game's exe and hit choose. Just click ok for next few options or you can change icon or version number (not important). Open game, bada bing!

Let me know if it works! I'll try my best to help with other issues.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: PandaGuts

Technodubber

Jan 17, 2020
How do you trigger Origin of the world, I played them in the right order, but that didn't do anything, I now have them all in the right order in my hand, which took a while, and I don't want to waste my chance.

Ww91

Sep 7, 2018
How do you trigger Origin of the world, I played them in the right order, but that didn't do anything, I now have them all in the right order in my hand, which took a while, and I don't want to waste my chance.
You need to have all three of them in hand in the right order without any card inbetween them, playing any of them should work. But you need to have some Lust on you.

Reactions: Technodubber

Lies.

Jun 5, 2019
Thanks for all the replies! It's really cool seeing people enjoying the game.
The game is good, thanks for making it!

I have a few polish suggestions as you head towards a 1.0 release.

Lots of people will have played games where your discard pile shuffles into your deck to draw more, and that's what I assumed would happen, so I lost the tutorial before working that out. May be worth calling out that loss condition in the first date, and also making the dialog on that condition clearer that it's due to having no more cards, like "Oh, you've run out of things to say? I guess the date's over then..."

The first rooms objects are not quite clear enough - the white outline of the sketches is a bit too subtle, or the cat is a bit too distracting. :)

The dream gaining extra steps is really cool, would be good to show that a new step is ready there, and maybe have more of the other options have neat progress as well. Maybe the plant has super cool progress, but I'd never find it as don't want more copies of that card.

The early lust gain cards are sometimes traps and then become important - regardless I'd probably add some action (maybe just a screen zoom on her sprite - or ideally a bit more) when they are played, to tempt the player into using them.

Not having a day-limit but letting people fail or delay dates is good, maybe want to make that a bit clearer, and also add a secret option that meta-rewards going as fast for those that want a challenge?

I totally missed the water bottle being moved to the ui after the transition, maybe have it there as a shortcut all the time?

4.60 star(s) 13 Votes