• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Ren'Py Completed Damsels and Dungeons [v1.2.41 Remastered] [Amaraine]

3.60 star(s) 33 Votes

Amaraine

Game Developer
Jun 7, 2017
I think I can take a good guess but what is the Repressed trait and if and how does it affect stats? The Repressed trait is not in the help menu of the game. Just before someone asks I tried to search only this topic for the answer but after the website update its not working for me (shows results for all topics) so I'm currently going through this topics pages one by one just in case.
Repressed decreases "Sexuality" by 2 points. In the help the reference is to "Stat Traits" but it's pretty evident this doesn't work for most people so I've fixed it for the next release.

Reactions: nad destroyer

nad destroyer

Jul 27, 2017
Repressed decreases "Sexuality" by 2 points. In the help the reference is to "Stat Traits" but it's pretty evident this doesn't work for most people so I've fixed it for the next release.
Thanks for answering my question. Just one more question for anyone. How do I remove magic items from a character? Just wan to remove it because the fetish the item gives me is the same fetish is also her hidden fetish.

dosado

Nov 18, 2018
I'm not sure if I'm currently stuck?
I defeated the Bella Morte, though I don't remember the corresponding quest popping up, and now I'm not getting the Witch quest and can't go further into the catacomb either. Can anybody help me?
Anyone? I still haven't been able to figure out how to continue.

Evergrey

Aug 7, 2016
im pretty sure you dont need the quest popup for this just go to the next dungeon which should be under the catacombs tab(to be safe talk to the angel chick and do all dialogue choices)

Last edited:
Reactions: dosado

thug73

Jan 20, 2017
Just thought I'd share with you all my must have cheat for this game. Go into console and type:

for x in range (0,len(roster)): roster[x].maxhp=99;roster[x].hp=99;roster[x].maxsp=99;roster[x].sp=99

This very quickly sets all your girls to 99 hp and sp. Unfortunately each time a girl gets levelled up you have to run it again as their stats reset, but hey, that's what the "up arrow to repeat the last console entry" is for!

Enjoy!

D

Deleted member 744821

Can anyone tell me how to make a girl queen? And where to find lich-king?
You must defeat the Lich- King to make one of your Girls Queen. Ask Raffaelle About the Lich- King quest. First you have to defeat the witch, then you have to get the Blessing. After this there will be a new Adventure Destination, where you can fight the Lich king

After you defeat the Bella Morte there will be a new Adventure Destination. Go there and you can fight the Witch

Reactions: dosado

cliles

Mar 18, 2018
I'm getting a weird problem. I am using v1.1 started a new game. When I adventure my first fight keeps repeating and I cannot progress. After killing the last MOB all my characters stats reset and the mobs reappear like the beginning of the fight. Any ideas what I might be doing wrong?
Still having this issue with every version through 1.7. Does anyone know if there is a registry setting or something?

nakonnako

May 1, 2018
is there anyway to demote a girl from being a head girl?

p/s: man ...this forum's search function sure is broken, it didn't find stuff in thread instead, it goes elsewhere.

Apr 21, 2018
is there anyway to demote a girl from being a head girl?

p/s: man ...this forum's search function sure is broken, it didn't find stuff in thread instead, it goes elsewhere.
I don't know if there's an in-game way demote a head girl, although you can make another girl head girl without demoting the previous one (beware that your affection rating with the previous girl will suffer!).

You can easily do this with console commands, just enter:

head_girl = []

in the console.

P.S. the queen object is actually a list, so you can add all your girls as your queen by entering queen.append(roster[#]) where # is the position of the girl on the roster - 1 (so your the one on the roster is at roster[0]). And the managers are at managers[0-3]. You can reset the girls you made slaves/concubines by repeatedly entering slaves.remove(slaves[0])/concubines.remove(concubines[0]) until the console returns an error message (it won't crash your game).

Bip

Donor
May 4, 2017

Hi there. Here's the most recent release of Damsels.
There are some bug fixes, but the primary new addition is the "pregnancy" goal and associated mechanics. I didn't make new graphics for this, but I do think there's some interesting game play, as pregnant girls become less willing to adventure so you have to do some balancing to maintain a source of income while pursuing this goal. A few girls come with the "Fertile" trait naturally, so in the early game, making sure they *don't* get pregnant can present a game challenge. Enjoy!

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

PC version: ,
Mac version: ,

aon11

Sep 24, 2017
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 199, in script
    $ daily_update()
  File "game/script.rpy", line 199, in <module>
    $ daily_update()
  File "game/01dailyupdate.rpy", line 203, in daily_update
    renpy.say(None,"{} delivers her baby. Congratulations -- you have a new [child_gender]".format(girl.name))
KeyError: 'child_gender'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 199, in script
    $ daily_update()
  File "C:\Users\aondlo\Desktop\Damsels-1.8-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 827, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\Users\aondlo\Desktop\Damsels-1.8-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1764, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "game/script.rpy", line 199, in <module>
    $ daily_update()
  File "game/01dailyupdate.rpy", line 203, in daily_update
    renpy.say(None,"{} delivers her baby. Congratulations -- you have a new [child_gender]".format(girl.name))
  File "C:\Users\aondlo\Desktop\Damsels-1.8-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1173, in say
    who(what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\aondlo\Desktop\Damsels-1.8-pc\renpy\character.py", line 902, in __call__
    what = what_pattern.replace("[what]", sub(what, translate=translate))
  File "C:\Users\aondlo\Desktop\Damsels-1.8-pc\renpy\character.py", line 884, in sub
    return renpy.substitutions.substitute(s, scope=scope, force=force, translate=translate)[0]
  File "C:\Users\aondlo\Desktop\Damsels-1.8-pc\renpy\substitutions.py", line 242, in substitute
    s = formatter.vformat(s, (), kwargs)
  File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 563, in vformat
  File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 585, in _vformat
  File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 646, in get_field
  File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 605, in get_value
KeyError: 'child_gender'

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 6.99.13.2919
Damsels and Dungeons 1.8

Apr 21, 2018
I think the string in line 203 of 01dailyupdate.rpy is not using the correct syntax. instead of

it should be
renpy.say(None,"{} delivers her baby. Congratulations -- you have a new {}".format(girl.name, child_gender))

I tested this by setting a girl to pregnant for 269 days, and the next day the child birth congratulations screen is displayed without errors. You can fix it yourself by editing the .rpy file inside \Damsels-1.8-pc\game using a text editor; find the line in the error message to change it to above.

Also the do not change the spaces before the start of the line, make sure they are actual blank spaces and not tab spaces, renpy's weird about tab spaces...

Edit: there are two lines handling pregnancy in 01dailyupdate.rpy. Both needs to be changed.

Amaraine

Game Developer
Jun 7, 2017
I think the string in line 203 of 01dailyupdate.rpy is not using the correct syntax. instead of

it should be
renpy.say(None,"{} delivers her baby. Congratulations -- you have a new {}".format(girl.name, child_gender))

I tested this by setting a girl to pregnant for 269 days, and the next day the child birth congratulations screen is displayed without errors. You can fix it yourself by editing the .rpy file inside \Damsels-1.8-pc\game using a text editor; find the line in the error message to change it to above.

Also the do not change the spaces before the start of the line, make sure they are actual blank spaces and not tab spaces, renpy's weird about tab spaces...

Edit: there are two lines handling pregnancy in 01dailyupdate.rpy. Both needs to be changed.
It'll be changed in the next release. Than, you... I just put in the exact fix you suggested, and then looked here and found you made the same fix. Testing missed that, in part because I was juggling a family emergency. As always, the feedback and reports here are much appreciated!

Reactions: Hryme

Daulas

Sep 5, 2018
Hello,

I have a problem. I am at the point where I have to "cure" five fetishes. Unfortunately, while I had access to the Seraphic Dreams before, I can't cast it on my girls anymore, which makes it quite difficult to "cure" them...

I used it already on several girls, because I missed one instruction in the game and based some of my actions on messages from this forum too early, so this may be the reason if Seraphic Dreams is a "once per woman" spell (even though I don't think I used it on every one of them).

In any case, is there something I could do to pass this point and progress in the story?

Thank you for your help... :)

Apr 21, 2018
Hello,

I have a problem. I am at the point where I have to "cure" five fetishes. Unfortunately, while I had access to the Seraphic Dreams before, I can't cast it on my girls anymore, which makes it quite difficult to "cure" them...

I used it already on several girls, because I missed one instruction in the game and based some of my actions on messages from this forum too early, so this may be the reason if Seraphic Dreams is a "once per woman" spell (even though I don't think I used it on every one of them).

In any case, is there something I could do to pass this point and progress in the story?

Thank you for your help... :)
I don't think Seraphic Dreams is one use per character, I recall accidentally removing several fetishes from a girl several times.

Can you see the Seraphic Dreams option when talking to a girl? The option should be there as long as the girl is not bond or that she has at least one removable fetishes.

If you can see the option, and the girl has exactly one fetish, that means the fetish is the girl's latent fetish. Meaning you cannot remove it no matter what. If this is the case, the easiest way to do so is give the girl a fetish using the armoury, then remove it. You can see what a girl's latent fetish is using the Demonic Insight spell.

Daulas

Sep 5, 2018
Can you see the Seraphic Dreams option when talking to a girl? The option should be there as long as the girl is not bond or that she has at least one removable fetishes.
No, I can't see it at all. I could in previous game sessions. In fact, Angelic Dream wasn't available either.

With your idea about the armoury, I just had a magic item forged for one of the girls and... Seraphic Dreams became available for all of them (I checked and rechecked: loading my latest save, no Seraphic Dream on any girl, I buy a single magic item, and it becomes available for all of them).
Thank you for your advice. :)

Daulas

Sep 5, 2018
Well, now that I defeated the Lich King (again, thank you DeviantFiend999 ;-) ), I have another issue and I can't find it addressed in the forum (probably because I am not looking with the right key words): I am trying to execute the "Pacify" quest of Maitreya, but I've sent something like 20 adventure parties in the Catacombs, with the last 5 in 5 consecutive days (using the Energise spell)... and it's still not complete.

What am I missing? Isn't the Pacify quest in the Catacombs? Seeing as how the Conquer appears to be in the Woods (what with Coita to conquer) then the Plains (with the Temple and Castle to defend), it would seem logical, isn't it?

Thank you for any one who can help me...

UPDATE
So, I decided to go for the Conquer quest and discovered that the Forest was indeed alsmot pacified quite quickly. But, obviously, I don't understand the way the quests are formulated, or, rather, I have a big problem understanding whether I'm supposed to continue or not to do them.

1/ Pacify: Is there supposed to be a point at which there are absolutely NO encounters in the Woods or not? Or is the fact that there are only two or three, and I don't have the Deviants' protesters again, indication enough? I would say it is not enough, since I can still get the information from Maitreya, but can someone confirm this to me?

2/ Conquer: I invaded the town, but it is still regularly attacked, while the Castle and Temple are perfectly fine. Here again, what am I missing to conclude this quest?

3/ Harem: I already have all twelve girls as Queen, Concubines (9) and Slaves (2), as well as the four Mistresses of the various buildings. Why is the quest still active? As for fetishes, I can't see how there could be one not present in at least two girls (and many are in at least six)...

3.60 star(s) 33 Votes