Crazy_Chameleon

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2019
Thanks it really helps when people say that. Though like I've said multiple times there is no NTR or cucking! XD The girl in question is not in a relationship with you yet when the scene happens. However I'm planning on changing it anyway. Since it's created an overwhelmingly negative reaction. I just hope that the change doesn't just fly under the radar and the game won't be forgiven for it even being there in the first place.

I guess maybe people really liked Absinthe?

Evizzy89

Aug 1, 2021
Thanks it really helps when people say that. Though like I've said multiple times there is no NTR or cucking! XD The girl in question is not in a relationship with you yet when the scene happens. However I'm planning on changing it anyway. Since it's created an overwhelmingly negative reaction. I just hope that the change doesn't just fly under the radar and the game won't be forgiven for it even being there in the first place.

I guess maybe people really liked Absinthe?
I liked Absinthe, I voted for her in the poll, I knew she was an exhibitionist possibly a tease but wouldnt take her for a orgy type (if I recall she had trauma)
give a character trauma and I feel like people are going to want to either take care of them, or abuse them till they break
I prefer affection and headpats
I also liked the spider-girl, I like seeing how unique monsters interact
I actually dont really play harem games either so my opinions might not even apply
I personally found this game via the Female Domination tag
So I am anticipating being smother to death by Absinthe, being tied up by Spider-Girl or maybe squeezed by a Lamia <_<

Actually I am reminded of something a boss told me when I was younger (and I kept messing up)
"People are yelling at you because they care, when they stop yelling is when you're in trouble"

Reactions: Konstantinus

Crazy_Chameleon

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2019
She's got trauma with MONSTER men .. Not humans who she really likes. There is a mixture of femdom and maledom in the game. The MC is a switch. The monsters themselves have their own mores. But I must admit I trend towards maledom simply because of the sheer amount of monster girl femdoms arleady done. Not that there aren't a few scenes that will tickle your fancy?

MangoMeta

Oct 27, 2018
Okay okay! I'll be changing Absinthe lol. I've had so much negative feedback about this character. And I've thought of a way to preserve her arc and still not have the gangbang happen. From now on she will be getting her exhibitionist rocks off by fucking you in front of the crowd. This does mean that you'll have to wait a bit for actual sex with her. As I will be introducing a clone power for the MC. This will allow the gangbang scene to happen much later. But with MC and his clones rather than other dudes. I can't promise this change will be 100% implemented in the next update. As it depends how much time I have left in the month after implementing all the planned content. But in the very least this change should be fully implemented by 0.3. There will still be some swinging in the game. But it will be optional. Non swingers might miss out on a few scenes that they probably wouldn't like anyway.

Honestly It was probably a mistake to put her front and center. As this kind of content accounts for less than 5% of the game's total. But more fool me.
you say its less theb 5% but in your discord you have this
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
5% seems a little low as its like a 1/4 of your previews but i assume this has a mc solo alternative to it at least? is it just that the front part of the game is heavy on this stuff?

Last edited:

Crazy_Chameleon

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2019
Lol .. YES that scene doesn't happen for ages anyway and the scene changes depending on whether you are on WIllows Love or Monster route. If you don't accept her feelings then she is less sexually exclusive to you. that's your choice. Dude asked for a bdsm scene and I just provided one at random.

But there ARE girls in the game for whom sexual exclusivity isn't a thing. You're going to have to either deal with that or find another game. I'm not gong to write a game where there's only one dick in the world. I hate NTR but there's an ocean of difference between cuckolding and what I do.

Honestly I'm just going to add the swinging tag you people can deal with it.

Last edited:

UnDeaD_CyBorG

Apr 6, 2018
You do that. :) I honestly think there's no need to wait too long; Given what content there already was the next big patch is probably comfortably enough for a long evening.

Reactions: Crazy_Chameleon

Crazy_Chameleon

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2019
New update planned for the 1st of each month. I'm currently finishing up the side quest. (I don't do shitty side quests each one is impactful.) And then will just be character events and a couple of new H-Scenes to do. So may see it earlier depending on how much work I can get done in 40 degrees celsius lol.

Me at my desk right now ..

unknown.png

That should all pass by Tuesday tho so still plenty of time.

0.2 Will be Patreons only for a month however. We are in that one awkward month where I have 0.1 away as a free demo but I still need to have a version for early access. In future It will be rolling so each month a version will roll into public as another one comes out for early access. But we always gonna have that one month XD

AgriasQuarto

Nov 22, 2018
The fact that she gangbangs other dudes. She's basically THE principle complaint that I've received. I figured with her having no pre existing relationships with the protagonist. Then it wouldn't be a big deal. But apparently it is. because I've had five people give me giant lectures about NTR .. Which it isn't anyway .. Quite a few more saying they don't like it. And one person invade my discord to spam cucklord! In every conceivable chat channel until he was banned ..

I mean fuck .. I didn't expect this much negative backlash from one damn scene .. But if it's really causing this much negativity it should just be changed.
Wanting to write characters with personality while catering towards the harem crowd, sounds like a mismatch of audience vs narrative goals given how much they prefer to have characters that behave more like furniture than people, whose main traits include doormatting for the main character and compromising their personal identity to further broaden the harem.
Sorry for backseating unhelpful comments, but I am in the camp that believes in non bite sized (<1 hour) games, staying true of trying to tell your story will often yield a better result than caving in to pressure and turning into yet another generic wish fulfillment fanfic#89.

Crazy_Chameleon

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2019
Wanting to write characters with personality while catering towards the harem crowd, sounds like a mismatch of audience vs narrative goals given how much they prefer to have characters that behave more like furniture than people, whose main traits include doormatting for the main character and compromising their personal identity to further broaden the harem.
Sorry for backseating unhelpful comments, but I am in the camp that believes in non bite sized (<1 hour) games, staying true of trying to tell your story will often yield a better result than caving in to pressure and turning into yet another generic wish fulfillment fanfic#89.
You know what. You're completely correct. I think I will rework Absinthe a bit. Because honestly people have raised some valid points. But I think you're right. Bending over backwards to please certain harem afficionados will be a detriment to the game. I put the harem tag on there because there IS a harem in the game. Not because I wanted to make a 'Harem' game. If that makes sense? Think I needed someone to give me a slap onna face and tell me that. So thanks.

May 2, 2018
I like what the game has so far, and for an early build there's actually a good bit of content here to get an impression of the setting at the very least - it's definitely not a case of you have a handful of conversations and hit the black wall, as some people might expect from a lot of other games. Will be returning in future for sure.

Also regarding RPM the stigma against it is there are a lot of truly awful games with it, sort of asset flip tier rather than just genuinely bad results of effort ones. There are also truly awful renpy ones too, of course, just seems to stick easier because RPM has a very distinctive visual style as per default, while renpy I guess is harder to pin down if you're not paying attention (with the look of some more advanced game menus unless you're familiar with renpy games you probably wouldn't know at a glance)

As for the various tag discussions and the like that have been happening;
If you provide people the chance to opt out of content being shown, I think that's usually the best way to go about it, really.
I believe I recall this being done for a 'rape' scene and the 'do you want to call her mommy' moments already, so imo you're on the right track anyway.

The harem stuff, I mean you can have a harem of individualised characters without door-matting them. The likes of Harem Hotel exist and do very well with everyone off doing their own thing with their own stories but also being yours at the same time when you pursue them. It's not impossible, as long as personal identity isn't basically burned down for the harem tag there is a balance you can pull off, which seems to already be working here right now, so no complaints from me there.

Specifically for game feedback, the only 'consider x' suggestion I have right away would be an option to hide the 'debug attack' option in settings somewhere for those who struggle not to cheat when it's in your face immediately. (If I didn't miss such an option already, in which case ignore this)

RedPillBlues

I Want to Rock your Body (To the Break of Dawn)
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
Seems this was recieved well. Honestly saw this coming since I first saw the previews. Well I hope it can find its audience.

Reactions: Crazy_Chameleon

Crazy_Chameleon

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2019
Thanks for your reply. And yeah In the end I guess I'm nervous about how the game will do. I want the game to find a good audience. But in the end a lot of it comes down to getting a few good updates out there. 0.2 Will be releasing on patreon in a few days. And will become available publicly 2 weeks after that. Right now I'll be finishing the content either tommorow or the day after and will be spending the rest of the time playtesting and tweaking things. Especially the early conversations. I intend to use some of the 'Free time' At the end of each month to go over those and deal with the ... problem.

Crazy_Chameleon

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2019
02Preview.jpg

Hey yall! Currency of Damnation 0.2 is now available on Patreon early access! And I'll be updating the front page to make it public in 2 weeks! The build contains the Absinthe Rework, Two large quests. A content expansion for Vanda and 3 new H-Scenes. Four if you include the new art for Willow's virginity scene which you can see showcased above!

Here is the full changelog!

- Chapter 1 Part 2 Main Quest : The Beast Emerges.
- Chapter 1 Side Quest Legalize it.
- Weapon upgrade system implemented.
- 3 new Vanda Events and 1 H-Scene
- Art replacements for Addart. Who refused to sign a license for his work.
- Updated and improved Willow virginity scene art.
- New Scene added to the first part of the main quest to help in establishment. You may need to restart to see it.
- Absinthe Rework.
- New Maze/Harem Girl Gabriella with several events that occur randomly in the Deep Alleys. And H-Content.
- New Harem system for mazeable girls if you don't like to share.
- New Charisma system that will determine how many topics you can do in gatherings.
- New Gathering after Legalize it.
- Typo's an bugfixes. Some scenes edited to improve dialogue.

EvilDrake

Jan 12, 2018
You mentioned that you take inspiration from TITS and CoC, so i was curious if there any chance for transformation stuff to appear someday?

Crazy_Chameleon

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2019
Not to the extent that it's in CoC there is some genderbending and human/demon transformation. As well as some double dick scenes and some scenes where he alters his size. But there are more one offs rather than the psychadellic wonderland that is te world of CoC XD. I don't need to tell you that doing that in any platform outside of text would very quickly eviscerate almost anyone's art budget XD. There's also some scenes where the MC or one of the girls clone themselves.

Reactions: Choo-choo

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
Okay okay! I'll be changing Absinthe lol. I've had so much negative feedback about this character. And I've thought of a way to preserve her arc and still not have the gangbang happen. From now on she will be getting her exhibitionist rocks off by fucking you in front of the crowd. This does mean that you'll have to wait a bit for actual sex with her. As I will be introducing a clone power for the MC. This will allow the gangbang scene to happen much later. But with MC and his clones rather than other dudes. I can't promise this change will be 100% implemented in the next update. As it depends how much time I have left in the month after implementing all the planned content. But in the very least this change should be fully implemented by 0.3. There will still be some swinging in the game. But it will be optional. Non swingers might miss out on a few scenes that they probably wouldn't like anyway.

Honestly It was probably a mistake to put her front and center. As this kind of content accounts for less than 5% of the game's total. But more fool me.
Totally didn't see that coming... :BootyTime: it's almost like people into harem, don't want to see others fuck the LIs... funny that.

I suggest making the clone stuff optional... cause you will still have people that will hate that.

Not to get too into it, but you have the whole unless you are simultaneously in control of all the clones with one mind (hivemind), then they are actually all different people just with the same memories (think identical twins, they look the same but they aren't, and one is actually a clone btw), and will die once they cease to exist.

And well... even if you have it written like that in the story... the player can't really experience it.. so it just comes across as a gangbang scene for the most part anyway (and more likely to break immersion too for those that immerse).

P.s. you could have kept the scene and the original story as is... you would just have had to clarify that those who hated it weren't your target audience :|

4.50 star(s) 4 Votes