3.50 star(s) 11 Votes

Trasher2018

Engaged Member
Aug 21, 2018
Ok ... this is currently unplayable for me. The font is ok but to big. You cant go back and you cant load saves and continue. Loading itself takes ages. The whole engine (as already stated) is horrible.

I dont think he will change the engine, but I hope there is a way to fix the most glaring issues.

I really like SSS and hoped for a better start with this game :(

gestved

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
for some reason I'm not able to play beyond the club part, the game starts loading to infinity, that's a shame because I was quite enjoying the game. For some reason I can't play the intro and start the new content also, I have to skip the intro to access chapter one. If we are going to get a ton of technical problems anyway them he should go back to ren'py, at least the community can fix the game and for better or for worse he has some experience with it

People don't like addison and I get it, but she doesn't look half as bad as she did in SSS, as long as she doesn't smile we'll be fine I guess. Anyway she is a good plot device, being a complete sexual psycho and dragging MC along with her into her shenanigans, even in SSS she was a fun character, even though half of the time she looked hideous

People who are saying that the renders look worse than in SSS are out of their damn minds, I won't say it's a lot better, but it's clearly better

Reactions: Nightphysics

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
I never had a problem with Addison and I thought she looked fine it was the twin that I thought looked like garbage. Now if he had used the models from college then they would of been fine but they used those other ones and they never looked good.

vampireprince

Jan 27, 2018
Enjoyed SSS, so thought i'd give this a try, has potential BUT would be better with renpy, font need attention, and a few bugs need sorting. Addison seems to be getting dissed a lot, I don't think she's that bad to be honest, but each to their own, Dalia's mom on the other hand is hideous, looks like a really bad drag queen truly awful, will keep checking future updates to see how it progresses

Jul 3, 2018
Yeah just tested the mac download was unable to get it working even after setting the required file attributes, game was able to open to black screen but that was all

thryllth

Jul 15, 2017
To me this is more a proof of concept than chapter 1. I generally think that abandoning a known platform for a new one is a poor decision but time will tell. So far I will say that due to font and other issues this is utterly unreadable for me aside from the fact that half of the new characters either have models that appear to have fallen out of the ugly tree or have dumpster fires instead of personalities. I withhold judgement at this point as I feel there is based on past history ability to improve.

Reactions: Simon Jester

ReJoe

Jun 7, 2017
This is what worked for me... Launch the app. I waited a few minutes for it to completely load. It took a long time. Start a new game and skip the intro. Use the save and load icons on the game screen BUT don't use ESC as it will close the app. It's pretty short so you may not need to save. I do like the writing and the characters. S-S-S was really good but it wrapped up too quickly.

Reactions: JJsworld

RoadWulf

Engaged Member
Nov 18, 2018
What an utterly buggy piece of crap. The text froze on the psychology professor. I had to back out and load and the text freezes on loads. I had to go back out, restart entirely and Skip through everything up to that point again. The dev needs to drop this engine and go back to Ren'Py because this shit is terrible.

I was looking forward to this too because I loved SSS. But the MC now acts like his former whiny bitch of a self and all the confidence he had at the end of the original game is gone, as well as any mention of his power. He's acting like he and his sister aren't lovers. So another reason I don't like this game engine is that this could all be solved with a few questions before starting the game to figure out how your character played through the previous game.

And I don't need to mention the font, but I will, because it's garbage.

Jul 3, 2018
Can't evening get it to run on mac, works on linux but am unable to loads saves, I don't mind the engine as such yeah a little to many bugs with the game and the moment I haven't tried it on windows yet, But am happy to see how the story unfolds but yeah the MC is not the same as when we left him and the end of SSS

Edgame

Jan 5, 2019
This is unplayable, the options menu doesn't work for some reason, unless you really try for like 30 minutes, the fonts are really bad, i have tried, i really did, but i lost it after first few lines ...

Simon Jester

Aug 14, 2018
Him, I misjudged the volume here. So I played through what was there. I didn't mind the handwritten font. But the Text area is way too big. This is a visual novel, the point is the plot and the visuals. Not much plot. So the visuals need to carry the load and the huge text space detracts. Like the Addison being Addison stuff. Would have like more introduction to the other players (including the teachers and staff). But maybe it will come. Now I know others have railed on about the new driver software ( forget what it's called). I read the post about the issues with loading and saving. But I saw no "icons" or icon like elements. So I couldn't save or load. Big problem for the future (not a huge issue for this demo). The lack of ability to roll back or look at the variables is a huge problem. Huge enough to have me thinking this little jaunt will get unusable real quick. Sort of liked the demo (but history with this team/developer/author says he/they/it start out with a good story and then messes it up). Hated the new tool/software/environment. So I'll stick around for a while hoping the issues get resolved. But so far my rating would be meh.

Dimitri57

Oldest Dev on F95
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 12, 2017
I really liked SSS but this is so frustrating with the fonts, screen freezes and lagginess. Also, it's like the MC didn't retain any of the skills or powers he gained in SSS. I hope it gets sorted out over time.

Simon Jester

Aug 14, 2018
I really liked SSS but this is so frustrating with the fonts, screen freezes and lagginess. Also, it's like the MC didn't retain any of the skills or powers he gained in SSS. I hope it gets sorted out over time.
Well he switched from Renpy to Whatever this uses vnmaker (maybe). So Ya can't transfer skills from one system to another. Also I think a lot of the freezing and lags are the fault of the base toolset, not anything the author is doing. But I think everyone would have been happier if he had stuck with renpy as a toolset.

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
I wonder if they did the engine change so no one can fix their bugs and errors for them anymore like we were able to do in renpy.

Haremm lover

Sep 20, 2017
32 bit systems are being phased out and developers have started leaving them behind. Both indie and AAA.
Come on dont tell me 32 bit systems are being phased out beacuse most of the games here (at least 95%) run on 32 bit. I can say because I have 32 bit system and these games run on them. You dont need to give excuses like that but you can straight away say taht I dont have a 32 bit version of it and that would be all.

WaltS

Si vis pacem para bellum
Donor
Apr 4, 2018
Come on dont tell me 32 bit systems are being phased out beacuse most of the games here (at least 95%) run on 32 bit. I can say because I have 32 bit system and these games run on them. You dont need to give excuses like that but you can straight away say taht I dont have a 32 bit version of it and that would be all.

Sorry mate but just because you have a 32bit system and can't/won't switch over to 64bit doesn't mean this makes it universally applicable. That'd be the equal to you still using WinXP and employing the same reasoning for devs to not make use of Win8/8.1/10 advances in tech...

Hate to burst your bubble but 32bit is going the way of the Dodo.

3.50 star(s) 11 Votes