VN Ren'Py Cultural Replay: A Culture Shock Fanwork [v0.32] [Palos69]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Is it okay to open donations to pay for a software license to upscale and color balance renders?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

majinmike

Aug 22, 2017
I have a rewrite of Angelica's Temptation that is about 15% done, but I ran out of steam on that one. There just wasn't enough room for me to be creative, and I lost interest. Structurally, the game is fine, so it was mainly just fixing grammar and bugs. I'll probably revisit it after this project is complete. I might even try partnering with someone to finish it if I can get the original developer's blessing.
Orignal Developer is long since gone, someone new has taken over the production of the game, its taking a while, but he is pretty consistent about giving out info on the forum and the discord.

fishbrain

Engaged Member
Apr 9, 2018
Was there anything good in this update on the alpha path? Just wondering about bugs or misplacements since there wasn't any good content. Sounds like the good stuff even with the MC has been on the beta path which doesn't make sense to me.

Palos69

Game Developer
Feb 8, 2021
Orignal Developer is long since gone, someone new has taken over the production of the game, its taking a while, but he is pretty consistent about giving out info on the forum and the discord.
I think one the devs is back actually. I offered to help if he needs it, but he says he has it handled. I wish him the best.

Was there anything good in this update on the alpha path? Just wondering about bugs or misplacements since there wasn't any good content. Sounds like the good stuff even with the MC has been on the beta path which doesn't make sense to me.
This was mainly a setup update, but a Maude scene was reintegrated into Day 7.

Not every path will get updated each release. Since it’s not a paid model, I can focus on pace and story, instead of forcing scenes. In the OG game, a lot of the scenes in the first half are placeholders. They have zero impact. Once we hit a certain point from the original game, I expect things to snowball kind of how the OG did.

I expect more Alpha content in the next release for one particular scenario at a bare minimum. But a lot of the relationships need more time to develop, except maybe the sister.

Do I read correctly? You added Emma stuff? :love:
Sorry man, she’s still cooking.

Last edited:

jasad

Dec 14, 2021
My friends,
I developed a simple WT Mod for Cultural Replay. I really liked Culture Shock and I think it's great that Palos69 has developed a fan remake. This Mod, as is my custom, is based on the Alpha route. All game decisions remain but the Mod emphasizes the non-NTR content. In case it helps anyone, I hope you enjoy it.

2024-03-11: My friends, Dev says that the game now has its own WT, I'm going to review it, but mine may no longer be needed. Please remember that my Mod is based on the Alpha route and there may be little content in this version. Please DM me if you want me to continue my WT of the Alpha route, but, as always, allowing you to see all the scenes with a simple decision.
Almost 2024-03-12: My friends, Dev did an excellent job with the WT Mod but, as my dad used to say, there is always room for improvement. Dev also made a lot of changes in the code, especially in the names of the variables. So, unfortunately, the old saves are not going to work. The saves from version 0.2 can be deleted. You have to start over and what's better than restarting the game using my Mod. As I mentioned previously, the Mod is oriented to the alpha path but you can see all the scenes. This is not a spoiler, Dev already mentioned it in another post: including the scenes between Tracy and the MC from version 0.25. All of them. Speaking of scenes, I left you a gift, a bonus. I found some footage of Tracy and MC that wasn't being used so I included it in the final scene. Later, please tell me if you like my present.
Almost 2024-04-16: Mod for Cultural Replay v0.3 updated! Palos69 Dev has made several modifications to the code since the beginning of the game, therefore old saves will not work. As always, the Mod is oriented towards the Alpha route but it has all the decisions and even within the Alpha route you can see the Beta scenes. Taking advantage of the fact that I had to review all the code anyway, I added some Beta scenes that were not in Mod v0.25. I hope you enjoy the Mod and please support Palos69 Dev so he can buy the software he needs.

Best regards,

Murray.
thank you for the update~

Feb 20, 2024
Why at the end it seems that Beta and Alpfa paths are crossed. When the sister comes to the MC's bed at the very end of the game, the Alpha and Beta path are shown and the choices are changed. Although shit is not shown, but it happens in the background.

Here's an example

Here everything is still fine.
ALfa kohtaukset 1.jpg
Alfa kohtaukset 2.jpg

After that comes the beta path

Beta kohtaukset 1.jpg
BETA KOHTAUKSET 2.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Now the question is what the fuck? It doesn't really build trust in the game if the paths get crossed and shit starts to be True when it should always be False. So this version of the game doesn't get any better than the original.

I haven't gone through all the days to know if the other NTRs have crossed over and become True. On the other hand, I'm not interested in the whole shit after that.

No fucking beta should even happen.
ILMAN SYYTÄ.jpg

EDIT: Another thing I don't understand is if NTR is turned off under the button, then why every fucking time it asks if you want to see shit. WELL I DON'T FUCKING WANT TO. I don't know if that's a MOD feature or just coded into the game, but stupid thing. Why even ask at the point if it's turned off, do you want to see it? It wouldn't be off if you wanted to see it.

Last edited:

Palos69

Game Developer
Feb 8, 2021
Thanks to everyone who voted on the poll. It gave me a better idea of what is and isn’t acceptable on the site.

After playing around with the demo version of the software last night, I realized I spent over an hour and a half messing around with one image and I still didn’t get it quite how I wanted. Sure, the image definitely looked way better than the original, but I’m not sure it’s worth the opportunity cost. It’ll drastically increase development time and I found it boring.

So I’ve decided not to do the upscaling and color balancing for now. I may revisit the idea if I catch up to the original game and feel like doing it still.

Thank you to the people who already donated. I’ve sent back your money.

The scene with Tracy on the Alpha + Love path is considered rape?
It’s more of a path reset. It resets your love stat with her to zero and will send you down a different route than if you don’t do it.

I’ll be honest, I made that route in the first place to satisfy people who were waiting on the NSFW content. After a few more releases, Alpha players will probably not want to make that choice in their runs unless they want that element.

It might be too ambitious, but the plan is to have a bunch of different routes and entry points for different things. I don’t want an Alpha or Beta player to feel stuck on a single track.
Why at the end it seems that Beta and Alpfa paths are crossed. When the sister comes to the MC's bed at the very end of the game, the Alpha and Beta path are shown and the choices are changed. Although shit is not shown, but it happens in the background.

Here's an example

View attachment 3546084
View attachment 3546085

View attachment 3546095
View attachment 3546096

View attachment 3546106

View attachment 3546107

View attachment 3546109

View attachment 3546111

View attachment 3546112

Now the question is what the fuck? It doesn't really build trust in the game if the paths get crossed and shit starts to be True when it should always be False. So this version of the game doesn't get any better than the original.

I haven't gone through all the days to know if the other NTRs have crossed over and become True. On the other hand, I'm not interested in the whole shit after that.

View attachment 3546114

EDIT: Another thing I don't understand is if NTR is turned off under the button, then why every fucking time it asks if you want to see shit. WELL I DON'T FUCKING WANT TO. I don't know if that's a MOD feature or just coded into the game, but stupid thing. Why even ask at the point if it's turned off, do you want to see it? It wouldn't be off if you wanted to see it.
I’m pretty sure all the things you’re talking about in your post are caused by the mod, because I’ve reviewed that section of the code and I’m not seeing how that flow could happen.

And I definitely don’t have a prompt before a scene.

If Marcus and Sunny didn’t kiss, then you shouldn’t have seen that dialogue because it’s what triggers the flag you posted screenshots of.

It shouldn’t be neccasary, but I’ll wrap those scenes under the NTR toggle as a redundancy. They probably should have been anyways, but it wasn’t caught in testing because your scenario isn’t possible without command line inputs.

Last edited:
Reactions: MurrayMods

MurrayMods

Modder
Nov 28, 2022

Here's an example

View attachment 3546084
View attachment 3546085

View attachment 3546095
View attachment 3546096

View attachment 3546106

View attachment 3546107

View attachment 3546109

View attachment 3546111

View attachment 3546112

View attachment 3546114

TurhaanKoitatte and fellow players,

First of all, let me clarify that my Mod is completely unofficial and does not have the approval of Palos69 Dev (although I did not get his disapproval either). It should be clear that you cannot expect original game behavior when you are playing with a Mod and, above all, when the letters are painted green and the word MOD is very clear.

I specify this at least a dozen times: the Mod is based on the Alpha route but you are going to see all Beta scenes. The Mod, among several other things it does, sets the NTR flag to ON regardless of what it says in the settings. This is done on purpose so that Beta scenes can be played. The Mod controls the flow in other ways.

I understand that your complaint is about this last scene of v0.3 and it is true, the Mod shows the 2 scenes. I was thinking a lot about how to include these scenes in the Mod flow and finally decided this way. It has an explanation: It doesn't seem logical to me that the hottest scene occurs on the Beta path. This is a decision that I made in the development of my Mod. In the same way that showing the hot scene in the Beta path is a decision of Palos69 Dev.

It seems to me that it all boils down to this: if you want original behavior in the game, do not install a Mod since the Mod modifies the original behavior of the aforementioned game.

But I accept the criticism. This is the only place in the Mod where you see the Beta scene without previously asking if you want to see that scene. Depending on whether Palos69 Dev releases the next update I will make a fix or wait for the next version.

Best regards,

Murray.

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2024
TurhaanKoitatte and fellow players,

First of all, let me clarify that my Mod is completely unofficial and does not have the approval of Palos69 Dev (although I did not get his disapproval either). It should be clear that you cannot expect original game behavior when you are playing with a Mod and, above all, when the letters are painted green and the word MOD is very clear.

I specify this at least a dozen times: the Mod is based on the Alpha route but you are going to see all Beta scenes. The Mod, among several other things it does, sets the NTR flag to ON regardless of what it says in the settings. This is done on purpose so that Beta scenes can be played. The Mod controls the flow in other ways.

I understand that your complaint is about this last scene of v0.3 and it is true, the Mod shows the 2 scenes. I was thinking a lot about how to include these scenes in the Mod flow and finally decided this way. It has an explanation: It doesn't seem logical to me that the hottest scene occurs on the Beta path. This is a decision that I made in the development of my Mod. In the same way that showing the hot scene in the Beta path is a decision of Palos69 Dev.

It seems to me that it all boils down to this: if you want original behavior in the game, do not install a Mod since the Mod modifies the original behavior of the aforementioned game.

But I accept the criticism. This is the only place in the Mod where you see the Beta scene without previously asking if you want to see that scene. Depending on whether Palos69 Dev releases the next update I will make a fix or wait for the next version.

Best regards,

Murray.

This became fucking clear that I won't touch your mod if it turns shitty situations into True like a sister letting a shitbag touch her. So straight NTR to the non-NTR side. No NTR hater wants that. No NTR hater will touch the beta side no matter what happens there. That NTR ON/OFF button is there on purpose so don't fucking touch it.

Who else would make a mod here? And so that you can trust it not to leak shit where it shouldn't come from? Although I'm fine with URM in this situation.

• Haha
Reactions: lorddarkam
Feb 20, 2024
I’m pretty sure all the things you’re talking about in your post are caused by the mod, because I’ve reviewed that section of the code and I’m not seeing how that flow could happen.

And I definitely don’t have a prompt before a scene.
Thanks for the info I will try this without the mod. Mainly with URM. I guess I was barking up the wrong side. Sorry about that. But what that modder did to his mod is fucking insane shit, that NTR leaks to the Non-NTR side.

If Marcus and Sunny didn’t kiss, then you shouldn’t have seen that dialogue because it’s what triggers the flag you posted screenshots of.

It shouldn’t be neccasary, but I’ll wrap those scenes under the NTR toggle as a redundancy. They probably should have been anyways, but it wasn’t caught in testing because your scenario isn’t possible without command line inputs.
That's how I understood it too, that if there is no beta selection, it should not be possible to show it in any form.

Reactions: Palos69

gordovalor

May 9, 2022
This became fucking clear that I won't touch your mod if it turns shitty situations into True like a sister letting a shitbag touch her. So straight NTR to the non-NTR side. No NTR hater wants that. No NTR hater will touch the beta side no matter what happens there. That NTR ON/OFF button is there on purpose so don't fucking touch it.

Who else would make a mod here? And so that you can trust it not to leak shit where it shouldn't come from? Although I'm fine with URM in this situation.

I don't mind it including those NTR options; what bothers me is when the game ends up going in a different direction. It happened to me with Hottest Summer; I wanted to follow the alpha route, but it kept ending up on another path even when I tried to avoid it several times.

Reactions: TurhaanKoitatte

Palos69

Game Developer
Feb 8, 2021
Boys, I’ve done it.

After getting informed how some other people are doing their AI generated fanart, I’ve started training a Tracy model.

Right now I’ve only used and tested for expressions, but I’m going to try it with other scenarios and try to expand it. And I’ve only used about 1/10th of the training images I’ve tagged and they’re not even tagged well. I’d offer to give it out, but it’s super against TOS for Daz and I’d rather not risk it for what is essentially a non-profit for fun project.

But l wanted to let you guys know it’s possible if you want to go that route for your own projects, since I get asked to revive games all the time.

IMG_0245.png IMG_0244.png

Last edited:

Hfap5

Oct 13, 2023
At this snail's pace, at least in two years it will be on par with the previous game. By that time, the person in charge is going to get bored too :ROFLMAO:
"I don't get any support" "No one supports me"
"I can't go on anymore"
"I have a new personal project"

It was best to start from where the previous game left off, with new and more exciting content

Chemish

Sep 12, 2018
At this snail's pace, at least in two years it will be on par with the previous game. By that time, the person in charge is going to get bored too :ROFLMAO:
"I don't get any support" "No one supports me"
"I can't go on anymore"
"I have a new personal project"

It was best to start from where the previous game left off, with new and more exciting content
This is hardly a snail’s pace compared to the original Culture Shock and the standard of many games on this website. The other points you raise have largely been covered. As for support, the developer said from the start they aren’t interested in profiting off this rearrangement given that much the project remains someone else’s work. New content is in the game and planned using fan art, etc.

Palos69

Game Developer
Feb 8, 2021
This is a QoL patch I'm releasing early. It was intended to be bundled with the Day 11 and Day 12 release, but after outlining how much custom script code will be required, I decided this was the best move. I'm also going to be extraordinarily busy in May as I'm moving to a different state.

I wouldn't expect the next content release (v0.35) for at least a month, but probably two, unless I get the time and extra energy to bust it out. As always, I'll be checking here for the next few days to see if there are any critical issues with the patch.

Notable Changes for v0,32:
- All - Incest Toggle implemented on both Preference screens.
- All - Gallery - Two scenes added to the gallery.
- All - Added a "Save Generator" form to allow players to skip days. This is a work-in-progress feature.
- All - Added a debug logger that tracks player script code traversal. This collection can be printed as a text file in the game's directory by clicking a button on the Options menu.
- Day 10 - Choice removed from d10 Night. You will now see both scenes as the Weiku/mother scene is key background information.

The incest toggle is a hacky implementation with a known bug. If you click enough times on a non-clickable option after selecting the toggle from the Main Menu (not the Preferences while in a save), it will take you to the intro screen as if you started a new game. You can easily get back to the Main Menu by right clicking. This will be addressed when I figure out a more precise solution, but the original incest toggle logic was the largest barrier to adding things to the gallery.

From a story perspective, the major change is that I removed the choice from Day 10 and made both scenes viewable. I realized that the Weiku/Mother scene had critical information that gives context for the NTR route scene in D10 and for her character in general.

The other major features added were derived from development tools I wrote for myself.

The first is a save generator that allows one to generate a save from a form (custom label) and insert yourself into whatever day you choose. This is a way for me to mitigate the impact from how often I'm going to be breaking saves in the future. I tried to idiot proof it as much as possible, but because of the planned future NEUTRAL route, I can't make accurate assumptions for a lot of variables. You can definitely create saves that breaks the flow of the game, and my script/route tuning will always be based around the actual gameplay. I will continue to refine it over time, and maybe add pre-made template options or something.

The last feature is a debug log tool that tracks player menu selections within the game. This log can be printed from the Options menu and clicking on the textbutton "Print Debug Log". I'm hoping this will make it easier for users to report strange pathing errors or intertwined routes that will only increase in frequency as the story changes get more complex, along with the additional headache of generated saves. The file will print in the game's directory. If the tool does end up being useful, I may try to rewrite its functionality to automate it and then give it out to the RenPy community. The engine does not have a lot of development tools in general.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The AI model training is going okay. I think the earlier images for Tracy are too low resolution for reliable use. Too much extra noise. I'm going to keep experimenting with making models, but I've attached a sample render of a new route that my latest iteration has made possible.

All hail the 'Crack Whore' Mother route! /s

airesultfunny.png

Last edited:

exsomon

May 11, 2020
All hail the 'Crack Whore' Mother route!
The route i wait for years,
the route that wont be in original game.
the route we deserve most
how will she be addicted, black guy is a pusher?
or unseen concequences of modelling job?

Palos69

Game Developer
Feb 8, 2021
There was a missing render for a sister morning event and I fat fingered an extra letter in a label that broke the alpha path in day 10.

Should be fixed now.

knopfler1

Apr 6, 2020
Looking at the gallery I realized I missed 2 scenes: Sofia giving BJs to both Marcus and the MC at the end of the party; an a scene in a só called neutral route where the mom remembers havung sex. How can I get them?

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote