VN Ren'Py Cultural Replay: A Culture Shock Fanwork [v0.32] [Palos69]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Is it okay to open donations to pay for a software license to upscale and color balance renders?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Badboll

Aug 29, 2017
Dang you are working harder than the OG dev ever did. If I was him I'd try to work out a partnership with you.
I get why he wouldn't though, most devs don't like their OG stuff messed with but accepts ports, reworks and remakes.
You seem to have a good vision.

Sorreah

Feb 15, 2023
I like this, its pretty good. I do have one thing to say though, but its a bit of a spoiler (seriously, its literally end of the update, don't read if you haven't played the update):

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

edit: oh right, I will point out an inconsistency too

Last edited:
Reactions: Palos69

Palos69

Game Developer
Feb 8, 2021
Thank you for the quality feedback. I’ll mark that section as one to revaluate after I’ve finished the Day 11 -12 implementation for the next release.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: Cavpal and Sorreah

Chemish

Sep 12, 2018
Palos69 Nice work. A small note or maybe not: I didn't remember if the "I don't think you should go" dialogue option had a number, like "+/-1," in the last update in place of "?" and thought it was a typo. 1713164996741.png

Reactions: MikeOG and Palos69

Sorreah

Feb 15, 2023
Thank you for the quality feedback. I’ll mark that section as one to revaluate after I’ve finished the Day 11 -12 implementation for the next release.

Oh right, before I forget, you do have one more thing you need to fix, it is an actual inconsistency:

YU_XIAN

Mar 13, 2018
I'm new to it, and I want to know which is not "BETA" or "ALPHA" to go to NTR, although I don't have NTR enabled in the settings

RolandG.

Jul 26, 2020
when mom comes back from her date night, and you try to listen to the conversation with her sister later, you could see what happened in the "original" game, now it's impossible for me...

am i doing something wrong, or has the scene simply not been included?

DeemLeem12

Dec 12, 2020
Palos69 Have you tried asking the dev to collaborate with you instead? It's no secret that his coding and storyline is a mess. It would do him wonders if he focuses on art while you do the code and advice against inconsistent plot.

If he cares about the game and want to elevate it further then I don't see any reason why he would refuse. This is a win-win scenario.

exsomon

May 11, 2020
i just realised, alpha path Tracy Mc scene has been in Beta path but tagged as rape in in game hints,
scene was not rapey, hugs and smiles etc,
so Beta path Marcus cunniculus scene will also be rape or moved to Alpha path?
wonder how will the story be when it reaches Original Game which will be sooner than next next update

zandalari

May 4, 2019
Palos69 Have you tried asking the dev to collaborate with you instead? It's no secret that his coding and storyline is a mess. It would do him wonders if he focuses on art while you do the code and advice against inconsistent plot.

If he cares about the game and want to elevate it further then I don't see any reason why he would refuse. This is a win-win scenario.
The developer has long since mentally checked out of this project and couldn't give a fuck less. Prime example is the absolute garbage he's been putting out without any shame or reservation for years now.

Reactions: 666dudeguy69

Palos69

Game Developer
Feb 8, 2021
Palos69 Nice work. A small note or maybe not: I didn't remember if the "I don't think you should go" dialogue option had a number, like "+/-1," in the last update in place of "?" and thought it was a typo.
Good find. I forgot to change that.

And I didn't add some gallery scenes because of how buggy they were because of some code decisions. I’m in the process of refactoring those issues, so I’ll be adding scenes retroactively.
Oh right, before I forget, you do have one more thing you need to fix, it is an actual inconsistency:

Noted. This will be addressed in the next update.
when mom comes back from her date night, and you try to listen to the conversation with her sister later, you could see what happened in the "original" game, now it's impossible for me...

am i doing something wrong, or has the scene simply not been included?
I have removed those renders from that section to be used later. They can be recontextualized for an actual scene, instead of a flashback. The OG had way too many dream sequence sex scenes in my opinion.
Have you tried asking the dev to collaborate with you instead? It's no secret that his coding and storyline is a mess. It would do him wonders if he focuses on art while you do the code and advice against inconsistent plot.

I did reach out in January a while back about editing, but it never went anywhere. If you’re in his discord, I’m the guy who posts bug fixes and clean distributables. And they’re welcome to take and integrate any part of this project that is personally mine, just not the fan renders or 3rd party written RenPy tools.

I would consider working with them if they ever asked, but I’m pretty sure they never will. I think we differ too much in development styles and how we communicate.

It would be cool if they took commissions for render sets, though. I would love some extra facial expression renders and some low pressure hangout scenes. But I don't think they ever will.
this since are in game or not ?
The scene is in the game. But that particular image itself is just an example of what the proposed ai color balancer software would do. It doesn’t currently look like that.
The poll is so funny. So many clicked on "Yes" but nobody wants to donate.
The poll was more to check the pulse on what people think, and to make sure it wouldn’t alienate my current audience. I’m mainly scanning the lists for names I recognize to see where they stand. If people who like the game are saying, "No," than that's valuable information. The feedback from people who don't like the game are less so in this context, because they're not playing the game anyways.

In hindsight, I’m not even sure how I would get donations in a way that would make people feel secure. This project has blatant elements that are against the TOS of most payment processors. And it’d be a lot of work to pull content and then repost it as a “mod” from an alt account. This is just a hobby. Updated renders are a nice-to-have, but they’re not really critical to the project. If people want to donate, they can message me, but otherwise, it's not a big deal.

Last edited:

kurosx

Oct 1, 2017
In hindsight, I’m not even sure how I would get donations in a way that would make people feel secure. This project has blatant elements that are against the TOS of most payment processors.
One possibility: You could make a Patreon page (yes, yes) but do not mention this game or forum at all. Promise nothing in return, explain truthfully, that it is only to buy you the new software. (For example, I'm supporting a website for PC-news on Patreon, without any reward on Patreon itself, just for the support of that page.)
Make some different tiers (1/2/5/10/15/20 €/$) and link that Patreon here. Let the people pay for one or two months in a tier they can afford, and close that Patreon after some months.
Important is, that there is no obvious connection between that Patreon and this game.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote