3.30 star(s) 4 Votes

PhazeUFO

Sep 28, 2021
these types of posts are so useless like you don't like futa but clicked on a futa game like congratulations you played yourself
They are also silly because they think that their opinion is important enough to warrant the post. Someone not liking the content won't change that part of the game, especially when it is so fundume
Art looks amazing but can you turn off the Futa stuff?
By playing a different game I suppose. It being a futa themed game would mean that just about all of the game would have to be turned off.
I recently received criticism for pointing out how insanely stupid it is to put a 1 star review on a game that is in its initial release slash demo state.

The justification was something like "well, that game looked like trash, etc".

But it turns out that anyone will just come out of the woodwork and give a game a 1 star even when it looks like as long as dev continues, the product will be high quality.

Like, how are you supposed to even know your game is buggy or needs different direction if you don't make the game public?? You really cant fucking win as a dev, it's unbelievable how entitled some pricks are on this forum.

Hope everything works out. Keep on keepin on.
Reviews aren't always the most helpful. I have also seen reviews that were much of the same "game is shit" with no real substance to them.

Purplesauce

Crummy Classroom's Developer
Game Developer
Oct 1, 2020
I recently received criticism for pointing out how insanely stupid it is to put a 1-star review on a game in its initial release slash demo state.

But it turns out that anyone will just come out of the woodwork and give a game a 1 star even when it looks like as long as dev continues, the product will be high quality.

Like, how are you supposed even to know your game is buggy or needs a different direction if you don't make the game public?? You really can't fucking win as a dev, it's unbelievable how entitled some pricks are on this forum.

Hope everything works out. Keep on keeping on.
yes sadly I and nethuum have been struggling from the developer's curse, and hope to get new hardware asap to fix this, a lot of these bugs got past my playtesting but we've got a playtester whos been a ton of help, and all of you sane people helping us catch them so thanks, its a lot, but we'll get it done!

yes the entitlement is... something a lot goes into these games, a lot of hours, days, weeks, months.
but the support like this keeps us going!

rockarfett

Dec 11, 2017
Great question! I have started studying animations and they're definitely on the plans. However, I don't have enough time to practice or start making them due to my non-art-related real job (animations take a long time to make).

If we reach our Patreon goal somehow, I'll be able to work full-time on the game art and start, slowly, creating animations in my art style!

But it depends on how much support we get.
Thanks for the answer, youre artwork with animation would look more amazing.
Thats why i asked :)

• Red Heart
Reactions: Nethuum

mide

Nov 28, 2017
after seeing some the options when you are defeated ( like obeying the guys and barking when told to) i would love an option to go to the roof with the red head at the start., or maybe tease or submit options in combat.

Reactions: Purplesauce

Purplesauce

Crummy Classroom's Developer
Game Developer
Oct 1, 2020
after seeing some the options when you are defeated ( like obeying the guys and barking when told to) i would love an option to go to the roof with the red head at the start., or maybe tease or submit options in combat.
there's plans in place for a defeat route and a few other routes

NinjaNamedBob

May 3, 2018
The game in its initial state is... buggy, to be mild. I'm not a fan of 0.1 releases since that screams scam to me. I've seen a lot of "devs" throw together a shoddy 0.1, slap up a patreon, and then bugger off once the money started rolling it. I'm not saying that that is the case here, but it is what history has told the wary.

I recently received criticism for pointing out how insanely stupid it is to put a 1 star review on a game that is in its initial release slash demo state.
Because experience has told people that initial release/demo is when a developer has barely put anything into the game. It's much worse when the dev then has a patreon to go alongside the demo 0.1. It's not insanely stupid to express concerns about such things. What's "insanely stupid" is you going off on people for having life experience and a shred of intelligence.

People are allowed to have opinions. Wild concept, right? I have a secret philosophy for that: who cares?

You have no basis for that assertion. There are plenty of games in the triple-A industry alone that should have never seen the light of day. But, putting that aside, fun is subjective, quality is objective. I personally think Crummy Classroom has potential. I also thought Monster Girls and Sorcery had potential. The latter was a buggy, lagging mess. The former is in what amounts to barely an alpha, with less than an hour of content, and extremely buggy. My bet is on the devs pushing out an initial release because patreon bucks.

Like, how are you supposed to even know your game is buggy or needs different direction if you don't make the game public?? You really cant fucking win as a dev, it's unbelievable how entitled some pricks are on this forum.
It's not like developers have never done their own bug-testing in the past, right? It's not like a developer has never sat down with their team and/or on their own and contemplated seriously the direction of the content they intend to produce, right? You're not seriously asking such an obviously dumb question, right? This is game development 101! You don't release an untested beta to the public and expect a positive reception! You do your own bug-testing and hold a closed beta to those who might be interested with the intent of finding the exceptions.

NinjaNamedBob

May 3, 2018
yes sadly I and nethuum have been struggling from the developer's curse, and hope to get new hardware asap to fix this, a lot of these bugs got past my playtesting but we've got a playtester whos been a ton of help, and all of you sane people helping us catch them so thanks, its a lot, but we'll get it done!
As someone helping another dev semi-regularly with playtesting different fighters in an arena fighter, the issue is seldom hardware-related. A lot of it comes down to knowing what you're doing vs the exceptions that turn a simple string of inputs into the next nuclear disaster. It doesn't matter if the inputs were "if: x-" or a sprite being placed next to a specific trigger. A lot of it comes down to managing to cause something to get screwed up for no discernible reason at all, and finding out what that reason is.

yes the entitlement is... something a lot goes into these games, a lot of hours, days, weeks, months.
but the support like this keeps us going!
Thing is, if you're in the first initial year and your primary frustration with consumers of your content is "entitlement" despite all your hard work, then this project is going to break you before the year is over. You have to be able to disregard hollow praise and criticism, otherwise you'll lose sight of what you're working towards. People who leave five-star reviews are as fishy as the ones who leave one-star reviews. The former don't offer any substance and believe by offering praise that they've done a good deed and earned chicken tendies for dinner. The latter want something to complain about in most cases.

The only way you really "win" is by addressing the criticisms and inquiries. The former are often curious as to whether you've tempered your own expectations and if you truly have the drive to see this through. The latter want to know what you're offering and if you'll curry favour with anyone. Both want you to succeed, and both have their own methods to make that inquiry. All else is background noise.

PhazeUFO

Sep 28, 2021
Crummy Classroom official signs (F95Zone)

Here are some signs I made for our game here on F95. Enjoy!

Looks good. The one on the right reminds me of the protagonist from Pokemon Black & White though.

LeagionIX

Jul 15, 2020
So far it looks pretty good. I've been having issues though with joining your discord it appears not to be working on my end

Newad

Jun 24, 2020
Looks promising, but is crippled by bugs.

I was entirely unable to have the blonde girl do anything past the first combat. I tried reloading my save and even starting a new game, but no matter what I did, by the second rooftop segment (as in, the first time you're there that isn't the intro battle) all her stats were always ERROR, enemies ignored her, and she didn't get any turns.
One of the enemy types (the blue ones, SD or SDL I think) was impossible to cancel sex with. I'd pick the option to escape, it would say I escaped, but the sex image would still be present underneath my character portrait, and they would immediately recapture me, softlocking me.
The map is littered with tiles that look like they shouldn't be walkable, but are. I'm pretty sure in the roof area with the pipes and plants there were also some tiles that looked empty, but blocked movement.
If you head south immediately after arriving on the rooftop, you can enter the school in the room you end up in after being defeated, before you end up at home. All the characters from that scene are there, but can't be interacted with.
If you lose a combat encounter during the second rooftop segment, when you spawn back at home, it appears to be a softlock. Nothing can be interacted with, and I was unable to leave.

It's one thing for an early game to be lacking in content, but this is borderline unplayable in a functional sense.

Aug 20, 2022
i'm permanently stuck inside the apartment, while i was wondering around since i have no idea what the objective is at this point. game too buggy at this point, it a skip for me :/

Reactions: Kingdomless
3.30 star(s) 4 Votes