VN Ren'Py Abandoned Craving Curses Reloaded [v0.06.1] [HAG]

3.20 star(s) 9 Votes

jenandben

Sep 15, 2017
I have the same issue. But maybe it is the end. The first version also endet after the night. But the movie just breaks off.

Deadlyreaper

Nov 20, 2017
wow what an interesting game it looks fantastic even animated clouds interessted story many questions definitely make that very curious for more

but I have big fear mic haugf the game to look forward to what is still going on because in so many games it will just be bad one-sided and ridiculously annoying as good night kiss the wife / mother or whatever fucks with the types from the office and I have to accept it as if nothing is in The Tyrant mother loves to be treated as a slut by anyone and I'm punished just because I see her and I still have to apologize and tell trash

or in au-pair innocence there you are as alex just a joke and will betray betrayed
and have to put up with it
just to name a few examples so I dare hardly hope for a good game which stays good with further updates and does not drift off into a mc that only runs as a stupid idiot who runs after all but only cheated and is pathetic and lets everything do and pleases

but I really hope I hope that things are going differently then it would be a pity to miss the fantastic game which I really like

Zippity

Respected User
Nov 16, 2017
I really wanted to like this visual novel/game, but the way the sci-fi/fantasy elements were presented, just confused the living daylights out of me... I could have done without those scenes and been perfectly happy with this VN/Game... Now that could be due to a bad translation/interpretation or to how random they appeared without revealing that much information... I don't really know... But they ruined this VN/Game for me, and it feels like they need a complete revisit to be a lot more clear on their purpose and what the hell is really going on... I have inklings of what their purpose is, but they just don't feel like they belong and their presentation doesn't make a whole lot of sense... I went ahead and made my review...

Londo_Mollari

Respected User
Donor
Sep 7, 2017
From dev:
-----------

Hello everyone.

in the past days I’ve spent lots of time reading your feedback for craving curses.

First, I’m thanking you for all of your comments and mails of which the vast majority was very constructive and helpful. I take all of your comments, opinions and suggestions serious and this is why I’ve decided to actually implement some of it. Still three is some kind of feedback that I won´t use to change things. The most prominent example for that kind are a few expressions about the story, it’s course and understandability. Please understand that this is only just the version 0.02 of the game! You out of knowing what is going on and being confused is happening on purpose. You can be assured that everything will come together and make sense eventually.

Chapter 1 of Craving Curses is as of now planned to span across 14 parts (up to V0.14). Of course, you shouldn’t expect to understand the story after just 2 parts.

So, what about that feedback which I will take into account?

- Translation:
Your comments made me understand that the English is partly atypical and hard to understand. My translator is already on it and working on improvements.

- Story-Bug:
The first photo shooting contains a decision. In a later scene that relates to this, the game’s logic is ignoring the before made decision. This is getting fixed

- Credits movie cut off:
As title says, the movie doesn´t play in it’s full length at the end of V.002. This is getting fixed as well.

- More interactions:
In future updates the interactivity of the player with the game world and characters will increase. The more the game grows, the more decisions will be available. Most of which will greatly influence the game’s forthcoming

The next game update will take care of this list and it will be published at the same time as the premium version of the game (which includes animations).

When does this update come out?

The update is getting released in about 2-3 weeks. I will publish a more precise date shortly.

Thank you for your support, for playing my game and sharing your experience with it with me. THANK YOU!

Only with your help the game and become bigger and better!

This is why I ask you to continue giving me feedback of all kinds.

Cheers,
HAG

Reactions: RWaites

Zippity

Respected User
Nov 16, 2017
From dev:
-----------

Hello everyone.

in the past days I’ve spent lots of time reading your feedback for craving curses.

First, I’m thanking you for all of your comments and mails of which the vast majority was very constructive and helpful. I take all of your comments, opinions and suggestions serious and this is why I’ve decided to actually implement some of it. Still three is some kind of feedback that I won´t use to change things. The most prominent example for that kind are a few expressions about the story, it’s course and understandability. Please understand that this is only just the version 0.02 of the game! You out of knowing what is going on and being confused is happening on purpose. You can be assured that everything will come together and make sense eventually.

Chapter 1 of Craving Curses is as of now planned to span across 14 parts (up to V0.14). Of course, you shouldn’t expect to understand the story after just 2 parts.

So, what about that feedback which I will take into account?

- Translation:
Your comments made me understand that the English is partly atypical and hard to understand. My translator is already on it and working on improvements.

- Story-Bug:
The first photo shooting contains a decision. In a later scene that relates to this, the game’s logic is ignoring the before made decision. This is getting fixed

- Credits movie cut off:
As title says, the movie doesn´t play in it’s full length at the end of V.002. This is getting fixed as well.

- More interactions:
In future updates the interactivity of the player with the game world and characters will increase. The more the game grows, the more decisions will be available. Most of which will greatly influence the game’s forthcoming

The next game update will take care of this list and it will be published at the same time as the premium version of the game (which includes animations).

When does this update come out?

The update is getting released in about 2-3 weeks. I will publish a more precise date shortly.

Thank you for your support, for playing my game and sharing your experience with it with me. THANK YOU!

Only with your help the game and become bigger and better!

This is why I ask you to continue giving me feedback of all kinds.

Cheers,
HAG
To say the confusion aspect is being done on purpose is odd... It's not like the presented sci-fi/fantasy stuff is just teasing information that will be more revealing later on... The sci-fi/fantasy stuff doesn't feel like it's teasing or revealing anything at all, as it feels more like random clutter, that makes no sense in any way, is just being thrown randomly into the main game without any logical or discernable pattern or reason... Nothing said in most of the sci-fi/fantasy stuff makes any sense at all... Which given the length of the current content, will just end up frustrating readers/players out the gate, even if the developer plans to better explain it all in later content... It's almost like the world and characters of the movie Hellraiser are cut into short bits, mixed in a hat, and then randomly placed into the normal game play... They don't feel like they belong, they make no sense, they don't add to the story, and just ruin the experience...

I get that there is something going on that the protagonist doesn't fully realize, which you get from the few scenes where mysterious characters appear in corners of the scene pictures now and then... It's the dream like sequences that make no sense at all, they feel more like randomized out of place nightmares, and that is either due to poor translation or poor story design... They feel out of place in the story...

I hope that all makes sense... It's a bit hard to explain...

Erros

Aug 28, 2017
Is there a 5$ patron here who can share with us the poll he just made ?
I've cancelled my 5$ pledge this month ... and i'm wondering what this is about.
thanks.

jenandben

Sep 15, 2017
This is the 5$ poll:

Hi guys,

In the game, you reach one of your customers' websites. On this website are some obese women who are models for oversize.

Which of the women do you like best? Or do you only like slim women?

The result of this survey will be used in the following game releases.

• Girl 1
  • Girl 2
  • Girl 3
  • Girl 4
  • Girl 5
  • I don't like those Girls
  • I do not care. Main thing I can f**k one of the women.
  • I like trains ...

R

RWaites

My account has been temporarily suspended. The final work on Craving Curses reloaded v0.03 will be discontinued shortly. Meanwhile, I contacted the support to get a quick unlock of my site. More information will come as soon as I receive a response from Patreon. Keep your fingers crossed! Cheers, HAG

Pollolicious

Jun 26, 2017
My account has been temporarily suspended. The final work on Craving Curses reloaded v0.03 will be discontinued shortly. Meanwhile, I contacted the support to get a quick unlock of my site. More information will come as soon as I receive a response from Patreon. Keep your fingers crossed! Cheers, HAG
discontinued or postponed?. Discontinued implies that the update is done for. Hope you get this issue resolved, many developers got hit by patreon these past week and they all came back well except for the waifu developer which had to scrape his game off patreon.

jenandben

Sep 15, 2017
I wrote with HAG yesterday. He says the update will be released in about two weeks. He has apologized to me that the update 3 takes so much time. In addition a lot of blah about real life.

Means, as I understand it: The update v0.03 is not ready yet, but apparently close to completion.
Let's see when Patreon unlocks HAG. I do not hope HAG gives up.

HAG also says that he keeps working on the game but does not know exactly if the game needs to be changed. I do not believe that, but you never know.
HAG is still "small" and a crash like Mr. Dots or Dark Silver would destroy him. Let's hope for the best, because the game is really good! Even if the game is developing very slowly.

Reactions: testor
R

RWaites

posted

The weekend is just around the corner. I am still suspended.

Looks like we have to wait until after the weekend before I can go on.

Good news: I'm still working on version 0.03 and will be able to present it later this month. I think in about two weeks I will publish (If I was unlocked).

let's hope for the best

jenandben

Sep 15, 2017
For me, it sounds as if HAG wants to pause the development. Will Patreon censor the game? So far, nothing has happened that violates the guidelines, right?

3.20 star(s) 9 Votes