Unreal Engine Abandoned Cracking: The Second Strain [v0.3.8b] [Cr4ck]

2.80 star(s) 4 Votes

SpankySid

Apr 21, 2018
Thanks for that link! Had a good time with that version; ran great on a linux laptop (of course). Chap 1 & 2 were great fun with a twisted kink. The Chap 3 intro shows the future for this becoming a resource collecting and empire building game which sounds boring AF to _me_. YMMV. Still, best wishes to the dev and hope they are able to create the vision they have imagined.

Reactions: DTechnomancer

kingreaper

Jan 23, 2018
so how the fuck do i get a window instead of a fullscreen with the new engine my screen wont let me continue because there its smaller than it was created on

Cdaw1331

Aug 17, 2016
So I haven't played this game in ages. I liked the concept, but it was almost entirely text then. I can see it has at least some imagery now, but can anyone give me an idea of how much? As much as I like the concept I'm very much a visual person and the erotic portions of games like this don't really do much of anything for me if there aren't at least a handful of images or animations to go with them.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
So I haven't played this game in ages. I liked the concept, but it was almost entirely text then. I can see it has at least some imagery now, but can anyone give me an idea of how much? As much as I like the concept I'm very much a visual person and the erotic portions of games like this don't really do much of anything for me if there aren't at least a handful of images or animations to go with them.
It's always going to be mainly text based, it's a text game afterall.

LokiSalmon

Jul 7, 2017
How have they *still* not added a way to save your game? It's an automatic one star until saving is implemented.

Apr 15, 2020
id personally say going with rpg maker would be better than going UE4. also i do hope more art will be added to the game. the art so far is great but it sucks that there's not much of it. thats the main reason i dont play many text based game and main rpg maker games

BaasB

Post Pro
Uploader
Respected User
Donor
Aug 5, 2018

Added a save feature for Chapter 1 and 2:
  • Can currently save up to 15 different save files at once.
  • Currently limited to Chapter 1 and 2. Support for Chapter 3 will be added in a future patch (not the next one, currently undecided when).
  • Feedback greatly appreciated in case of bugs.
New Imagery:
  • Added new imagery depicting the Restaurant in the Hotel.
Chapter 3:
  • Raids found through scouting will now be growing gradually harder as your horde grows. This should increase the amount of raids possible to pass and hopefully prevent you from getting stuck with tons of raids too hard to pass.
  • Improved the rewards listings so they are easier to read.
  • Raids can now change town panic and security as part of their rewards.
  • Improved the layout of the Raid Deployment window.
  • Units can now be lost during raids (both failed and successful). The amount lost is based on the difficulty rating of the raid in relation to the total strength of the units sent. Some raids are naturally more dangerous than others.
Chapter 1:
  • Updated the Restaurant scene to better match the new imagery.
Other:
  • Added an options menu allowing you to switch between full screen and windowed mode as well as altering the FPS limit if needed (default 60). (NOTE: This edition of the options menu seems to be bugged for most PC's. It's been fixed in 0.3.11, sorry for the inconvenience :S)
Bugfixes:
  • Fixed a bug causing raids to always fail when the raiding strength was lower than the stated difficulty, it's now always possible to succeed a raid if you send units whose total strength are at least 50% of the target raid's difficulty rating (albeit at a low chance), which gradually goes up the closer you get to 100%).
  • Fixed a bug causing the Raid Window to occasionally close down when modifying the amount of infected/forcers sent.

• All Scout and Raid reports are now displayed through the sidebar notifications rather than through their own separate menus.
  • Removed the "Risk Rating" from available raids, risk is now only calculated using the "Difficulty" value of each raid.
  • Raids will now always succeed if you send units with higher total combined strength than the difficulty indicates, no more failures when sending 10000 strength hordes against missions with 8000 difficulty rating. Note that there's still a chance to fail when sending less units than required which exponentially goes up the lower the total strength is in relation to the raid difficulty rating.
  • Difficulty is now calculated using the raids basic difficulty rating, the town's panic, the towns security and the towns population .
  • Negente and the new Town Gatlingburg can now both be Scouted and Raided just like Tanisava.
  • Added notifications for when you send out Scouts and Raids with information about what you units were sent and to where.
  • Notifications will now show up in different colors to indicate success or failure.
  • Named all raids, no more "Temp Raid X"
New Scenes:
  • Added a new sex scene with Sarah in Ch 3, it can be accessed by talking to him and selecting "Submissive".
Other:
  • Various optimization and spell checking.
Bugfixes:
  • Fixed a bug causing the "Total Intel" to display incorrectly if the player had max intel.
0.3.8b:
  • Fixed a game breaking bug causing raids to not generate rewards properly

Reactions: xoxo1001

emanu21

Aug 1, 2019
Excuse me, can someone tell me how to open the game because it tells me "DX11 FREATURE LEVEL 10.0 IS REQUIRED TO RUN ENGINE 'WHAT SHOULD I DO HERE? THANK YOU.

DTechnomancer

Jul 30, 2020
I have never made a post before but I have to now. Thanks but no. UE4 is a a major down grade for this type of game, even if you decide to add more images, just images, UE4 is the wrong move. It is too much of a resource hog and a waste of time for a simple but great premise of a game. I hope you do well.

The_Archivist

Jan 9, 2019
I haven't had any real issues with the switch to UE4, though I just started a few days ago and don't know the difference between that and the original. However, I did experience a few bugs when it came to using the overview map in chapter 3, where I had to click a few times occasionally to get it to register.

That said, I really enjoy this. There is another text based game I love called Parasite Infection which is pretty similar, except in an old thread on another site I saw people talking about older versions of the game sticking to Earth, having you gradually take over more and more. I liked that idea and, while I still love Parasite Infection, at the time kind of wanted something like what I saw described.

You made and are still making that something, and I greatly appreciate that. Keep up the good work. I love the idea of being able to gradually take over the world a city at a time. I also hope a save feature is implemented, until then I love just skipping to chapter 3 and playing around seeing what I can do with the nearby cities.

2.80 star(s) 4 Votes