Forgeshield

Aug 5, 2016
I don't know how far I am into this game, but our MC gives me major whiplash. He has all of these women fawning over him, but has the emotional intelligence of a block of wood. But then knows exactly what they are thinking... unless they are obviously distressed, in which case he's back to being braindead. The author tries to have him come across as smart sometimes, but then just has him be an idiot when having a clue would be useful... perhaps in an effort to make the MC look tough for saying no to people? But it comes across as naive. He wants to know all about his grandfather, but when presented with people who could possibly give him actual answers, he's rude and arrogant. But more importantly slows down the over-arching story being told. There's the idea in role playing games that it is assumed that everyone playing wants to play, and therefore will agree to pursue the quest the DM presents them. Our MC wants answers... and then refuses to even attempt to get the answers once people don't just say "ok, I'll tell you everything." He doesn't have to agree with whatever someone wants, but not just shutting the proverbial door on them would go a long way to keeping the plot moving.

And I'm sure I missed it as a passing line in the beginning, but why is he going to school if he plans to fail? He does realize that there's no benefit to attending school if you're both going to fail and sleep through class, right?

Anywho, minor rant. The game is good, but there are multiple conversations that sound like the MC is trying to push the plot to a different update as opposed to just getting the answers he claimed to want thirty seconds ago.

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
I don't know how far I am into this game, but our MC gives me major whiplash. He has all of these women fawning over him, but has the emotional intelligence of a block of wood. But then knows exactly what they are thinking... unless they are obviously distressed, in which case he's back to being braindead. The author tries to have him come across as smart sometimes, but then just has him be an idiot when having a clue would be useful... perhaps in an effort to make the MC look tough for saying no to people? But it comes across as naive. He wants to know all about his grandfather, but when presented with people who could possibly give him actual answers, he's rude and arrogant. But more importantly slows down the over-arching story being told. There's the idea in role playing games that it is assumed that everyone playing wants to play, and therefore will agree to pursue the quest the DM presents them. Our MC wants answers... and then refuses to even attempt to get the answers once people don't just say "ok, I'll tell you everything." He doesn't have to agree with whatever someone wants, but not just shutting the proverbial door on them would go a long way to keeping the plot moving.

And I'm sure I missed it as a passing line in the beginning, but why is he going to school if he plans to fail? He does realize that there's no benefit to attending school if you're both going to fail and sleep through class, right?

Anywho, minor rant. The game is good, but there are multiple conversations that sound like the MC is trying to push the plot to a different update as opposed to just getting the answers he claimed to want thirty seconds ago.
All I will say, (neither agreeing nor disagreeing with what you said), is the MC is a teenager, who has trauma (bad parents, dead grandpa, etc.), and his focus isn't that of an adult (as the brain fully matures around 25). He is a horny teenager, and is trying to be the adult, but sometimes fails. Teenager logic "who cares about school, I won't use it as a chef", "I don't want to owe you anything, so ill try again later", both of those mindsets address your comments.

I know what I was like as a teenager, early 20s. I was in college and was learning, yes, but didn't maximize it. I got a MS degree but didn't appreciate it. I went back and got a MBA at 35, and studied hard, and got a 4.0 grade, and learned all I could. All because age difference and knowing that education is all about getting out of it what you put into it. Shows the difference of age (by a decade) makes on a similar situation.

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021

I think you're missing a lot of the motivations and character traits of the MC shown through subtext.

What I gathered from a lot of the events and conversations you're talking about is that he is proud and does not trust easily, nor does he want to play other people's bullshit games.

He isn't an RPG protagonist. He wants answers, but he wants them on his terms, and he's not going to just follow the yellow exclamation marks and bend over to do anything he's asked/told to do by the "questgiver".

(spoiler below is for content from 0.6, IIRC)
He also very clearly dislikes being manipulated, and dislikes meaningless social expectations, so he's not going to automatically defer to anyone. What you see as "rude and arrogant", I see as "unwilling to defer to people who have not earned it". If they want respect, they have to give it, and Mr. Hamilton has absolutely not done so. Mr. Hamilton expects respect and deferral purely because he is older and more powerful... But the combination of Mr. Hamilton's arrogance, plus him tricking and manipulating the MC (and unilaterally making the engagement decision without asking the MC), makes the MC far less inclined to go along with anything Mr. Hamilton says (it would do the same for me, so I get it).

(ETA: As a counter example (with spoilers for more recent content), Alison (the Headmistress) has absolutely shown that respect to the MC, choosing to defer to him so they can form a mutual relationship of helping each other.)

As for the girls, he's aware of their attraction or willingness, but, again, he wants those relationships to start on his own terms, and he's a dominant. So he progresses things slowly until they're ready for the relationship he wants with them.

Last edited:

smuk

Jul 4, 2017
I will be very surprise if there is any fans of rachel, no fucking way she will be in mc's harem in my playthrough! Over my dead body!(n)
I have oh so not great news for you.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

In any case - any thing is as much good as it's implementation to the subject. So far I have have very good feeling that Cosy will deliver.

Sep 26, 2023
I will be very surprise if there is any fans of rachel, no fucking way she will be in mc's harem in my playthrough! Over my dead body!(n)
How can you say that. Bending her to his will is sauce for the goose. A challenge that will be met. Rachel really has no clue as to what she is in for.

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
While you are certainly entitled to your opinion, I will say we haven't seen enough of her to make an opinion. We have seen she acts tough in school, but is underminded by the Head Mistress. She is not well liked, because people know she is not all that smart. So she is a person who is bullied, but bullies others because of her bullying. She might be nice when you get her out of her "position" of authority. We don't know. Anything can happen so I am withholding judgement on her character until we have more to work with.

ScyTheFox

Apr 8, 2021
ScyTheFox I have to jump in because of your banner. I'm not making this up: Last night I dreamed the the MC of Cosy Cafe gave Rachel an Eternum implant, and I woke up just when they were connecting. I have no idea why my brain did this.
Our brain processes experiences in dreams in very odd way, i dont wonder anymore at this point. Its just a very weird mixup of everything. I mostly wake up when thing start to get interesting, thats because i get affectioned by the idea and that just boots my brain to awake. If you want to get more control of your dreams just learn to take a few minutes after waking up immediatly to remember everything you just dreamt. But be careful with this, lucid dreams intend to be less recovering than default.

Reactions: Konrad Simon

MAGO-DAG

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2023
Just finished the 2 cumulative update! It was both funny and a little sad.

As for the funny stuff, this game really makes me laugh because of the behavior of Sarah and Victoria! these girls know how to cheer us up when we are sad, especially when Sarah insults Mc, but she insults him innocently, and Victoria who always loves to joke and mock girls, and is also always ready for perverted ideas from Mc. :LOL:

I also like the tension about the founders, the intrigue really exists and it gives pleasure, as if something will happen, then you understand no matter what, Mc will protect his women, I also like the main character himself, he really thinks with his brains than to accept hasty decision and he was lucky that Alisson was on his side.

As always the update was amazing! Cosy Creator ❤ never stop making us happy, you are better!

Issac Shafan

Dec 29, 2023

As for the funny stuff, this game really makes me laugh because of the behavior of Sarah and Victoria! these girls know how to cheer us up when we are sad, especially when Sarah insults Mc, but she insults him innocently, and Victoria who always loves to joke and mock girls, and is also always ready for perverted ideas from Mc. :LOL:

I also like the tension about the founders, the intrigue really exists and it gives pleasure, as if something will happen, then you understand no matter what, Mc will protect his women, I also like the main character himself, he really thinks with his brains than to accept hasty decision and he was lucky that Alisson was on his side.

As always the update was amazing! Cosy Creator ❤ never stop making us happy, you are better!
So, here you're waiting for 0.8:KEK:
Good, good.

Jun 11, 2023

Um... not bad, not bad, good idea while you're waiting for 0.8:LOL:

4.70 star(s) 119 Votes