mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
I mean, this IS a harem game. That's just harem logic there ... can't have too many sons or there's no need to throw all the girls at the one candidate.
Maybe .. could have the sons screwed over and they pick the MC over the other sons. Not saying I disagree, nor have a preference for that outcome.

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Maybe .. could have the sons screwed over and they pick the MC over the other sons. Not saying I disagree, nor have a preference for that outcome.
If the heiress girls pick the MC over other potential progeny, this game has a completely different feel. Being chosen over other options means he's not the pawn of the four thriving families reluctantly accepting reluctant fiancés ... instead he's the rebel stealing the affections of the daughters who should be marrying stable sons.

Reactions: Randomguy3478

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
If the heiress girls pick the MC over other potential progeny, this game has a completely different feel. Being chosen over other options means he's not the pawn of the four thriving families reluctantly accepting reluctant fiancés ... instead he's the rebel stealing the affections of the daughters who should be marrying stable sons.
I don't understand what exactly you are saying. If the girls pick the MC over other potential suitors, then the MC is "the rebel stealing the affections of the daughters who should be marrying stables sons". I don't know if the other sons would be stable, but that is what would happen if there were more sons in the 5 houses to choose from.
Now, the girls are basically looking at their options, and the least worst option is the MC, because all there is available is MC and Brian. To me, your two options are the same. The girls are reluctantly accepting fiances, because of lack of choice. Their only other out is the MC, so would you like a sandwich smothered in shit, or a shit sandwich?
My point about having more sons in the game was simply, that the girls now have choices, and it would make it a little more political intrigue if the girls picked the MC's harem over just going with what ever duty bound honor thing the family decides. Now, there are only two choices. Giving more choices for girls as a LI, makes the decisions more impactful, if/when (as this is a harem game) they pick the MC.

Randomguy3478

Jan 14, 2024
Gloria Russell has been pretty firmly established by the narrative to be one of the game's primary villains, which was confirmed by Cosy (probably on Discord, I forget exactly where I read it).
If we fight her with our sword how will she defend herself?

Thanks!

Randomguy3478

Jan 14, 2024
I don't understand what exactly you are saying. If the girls pick the MC over other potential suitors, then the MC is "the rebel stealing the affections of the daughters who should be marrying stables sons". I don't know if the other sons would be stable, but that is what would happen if there were more sons in the 5 houses to choose from.
Now, the girls are basically looking at their options, and the least worst option is the MC, because all there is available is MC and Brian. To me, your two options are the same. The girls are reluctantly accepting fiances, because of lack of choice. Their only other out is the MC, so would you like a sandwich smothered in shit, or a shit sandwich?
My point about having more sons in the game was simply, that the girls now have choices, and it would make it a little more political intrigue if the girls picked the MC's harem over just going with what ever duty bound honor thing the family decides. Now, there are only two choices. Giving more choices for girls as a LI, makes the decisions more impactful, if/when (as this is a harem game) they pick the MC.
That would be what other games do. Give power to the LIs. And have the MC fight for their approval. But here its about the protagonist having power, being in the powerful position to make demands, as the LIs are under pressure to get on his good side.

Its what makes this game different. A protagonist who pulls the decisions.

Reactions: chainedpanda

Karakes

Jan 11, 2019
I don't know if that is the case. I mean, statistically, she could be (10% of the population is gay or bi, there are about 10 girls in the game, do the math). However, I think it is more about her suddenly realizing she has no control over her adult life, and she is a slave to what her family "deems" required. Sarah said she was homeschooled and only went to the public school and got a job to get more acclimated to other people, and see how they live (probably her dad's idea). She was raised to believe that she will become queen of the empire, and now how she has to get that done, is by fighting an uphill battle, one which she is not equipped to handle (due to poor socialization skills).

The funny thing I am seeing is the lack of sons mentioned. I mean Brian is the only son mentioned so far. 4 families, only 1 son (Brian). Then the Fletcher lost heir = MC. So now you have 3 families foisting daughters at the MC so they get their place at the big table. You would think the Sarah's dad, with 4 wives, would keep having kids until a son was produced. Kind of like Henry VIII. Same for Catherine's parents? Hannah's parents? What would be really funny, is if first daughter, married first daughter. Hmmm :)
Catherine mentions that Brian is the only heir to the family "At the school" all of the family kids at the school except for Brian have older brothers at the school. Catherine is nearly as special because she's the oldest daughter. Well she's taught she was special, but is having a crisis of faith moment now.

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
My point wasn't that they should have more choices, my point is the game is currently portraying some of the girls as being forced to choose him by their families ... something that -- to be fair now that I think about it -- still might be the case if there were more potential options, since he'd still be the only family head, so the families might still force them on him.

Either way, unless you want the anti-NTR nutcases to start migrating here, it's better to have less potential threats ;)

Cosy Creator

Game Developer
Dec 11, 2022
Competition with other founding family sons over a girl is already happening with Brian as the MC tries to take Hannah from him. I don't feel that repeating that theme with more sons chasing after the girls would really add enough to the story to justify spending development and narrative time on a bunch of side character guys. Much better to spend that time on the girls and the MC imo.

It also wouldn't really fit with the other founding family girls that the MC is courting:
Sarah, since it's been established that she wasn't in line for a political marriage anyway (being the youngest daughter of the 4th wife).
Elizabeth/Alison, both are entirely too rebellious to be forced into any kind of arranged marriage.
Catherine... You'll understand more after 0.9.

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
Thanks for the insight Cosy ..

I understand your logic in the story, I was thinking back story. Since first sons take over the throne of the family house, I was just thinking who the first sons were in the the other houses. I may have missed them. Catherine was a first born daughter, but don't know if she has a brother. Elizabeth/Alison have younger siblings (one being a boy), but don't know about older. And as I mentioned - it isn't mentioned if Sarah has an older (or younger) brother.

I am not looking for other love triangles or anything, I think the story is great as it is. It just rounds out the political intrigue more and takes it to inevitable conclusions. Because if there is a limited number of sons, then a son, by marriage, might take over a house. That was all I was thinking.

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
Thanks for the insight Cosy ..

I understand your logic in the story, I was thinking back story. Since first sons take over the throne of the family house, I was just thinking who the first sons were in the the other houses. I may have missed them. Catherine was a first born daughter, but don't know if she has a brother. Elizabeth/Alison have younger siblings (one being a boy), but don't know about older. And as I mentioned - it isn't mentioned if Sarah has an older (or younger) brother.

I am not looking for other love triangles or anything, I think the story is great as it is. It just rounds out the political intrigue more and takes it to inevitable conclusions. Because if there is a limited number of sons, then a son, by marriage, might take over a house. That was all I was thinking.
I think it's safe to assume that there's more sons from the families who are older, younger or from branch families that are less relevant to the immediate politics. MC's perspective on the main families is mostly limited to around his age range.

Karakes

Jan 11, 2019
I think it's safe to assume that there's more sons from the families who are older, younger or from branch families that are less relevant to the immediate politics. MC's perspective on the main families is mostly limited to around his age range.
I agree with this for the most part, however it was mentioned in passing that it's a very big coincidence all 5 founding families have sons/daughters in the same year at the same place. Considering one of the families was considered lost the coincidence is even bigger. Perhaps there's a bigger plan going on in the background.

Draugo

Jul 12, 2022
I agree with this for the most part, however it was mentioned in passing that it's a very big coincidence all 5 founding families have sons/daughters in the same year at the same place. Considering one of the families was considered lost the coincidence is even bigger. Perhaps there's a bigger plan going on in the background.
No. It was mentioned that it's not really a big coincidence precisely because of the multiple wives and plethora of children.

4.70 star(s) 119 Votes