bASKOU

Jan 29, 2019
cliffhangers aren't a bad thing perse its great for raising anticipation for the next update,i do agree that its unnerving having to wait a few months to find out what happens next though
All depend where the cliffhanger is. IMO a cliffhanger at the end of a chapter is bad. When cliffhangers happen at the end of every chapters the flow of the story is set in stone. So you can resume a chapter by what happen at the beggining and the end as they are the most story relevant parts of the chapter.

Cosy is superior to many other devs in that updates always end at day transition, never at a cliffhanger and there's hardly any filler (possibly excluding a couple of scenes that might be significant much later). Even lewd scenes feel impactful as character development.
I do agree, like the way chapters are served here a bit like arcs of a story. You look for the next update because you want to see what happen next, how the story will grow. Like the way Cosy implemented the swimming pool and maid coffee events introductions. You know good things will come and want to see it, but it's not the only thing I am waiting for and are just side events. I alm also highly anticipating the next meeting with the headmistress as I am sure it'll go deeper into the story of the MC with the founding families. There is Sara and... Too many things I want to know.

bASKOU

Jan 29, 2019
Well, that's the only place a cliffhanger can honestly happen, so....:unsure:
Not really, it can happen anywhere with a transition to another place/actions/people/in time. A cliffhanger doesn't need to happen at the end of a chapter.

Just as an exemple : at the start of a chapter Sara says she'll be absent from school for the next day. When she leaves we see a car rushing where she's at when she cross the road then the story shift to the MC at school. And we only know later on what really happend.

That is a narative cliffhanger, and it doesn't need to be at the end of a chapter, and there is many more ways to make cliffhangers in a story/chapter. Cliffhangers are it's true mostly used at the end of chapters and stories. But it's used too widely, too often and only in the same way. It really became boring in most VN as the only way they find to keep people hyped for the next chapter are cliffhangers. A series of hints/clues without follow up until later, can also be a cliffhanger.

Reactions: jaq847

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
Not really, it can happen anywhere with a transition to another place/actions/people/in time. A cliffhanger doesn't need to happen at the end of a chapter.

Just as an exemple : at the start of a chapter Sara says she'll be absent from school for the next day. When she leaves we see a car rushing where she's at when she cross the road then the story shift to the MC at school. And we only know later on what really happend.

That is a narative cliffhanger, and it doesn't need to be at the end of a chapter, and there is many more ways to make cliffhangers in a story/chapter. Cliffhangers are it's true mostly used at the end of chapters and stories. But it's used too widely, too often and only in the same way. It really became boring in most VN as the only way they find to keep people hyped for the next chapter are cliffhangers. A series of hints/clues without follow up until later, can also be a cliffhanger.
A true cliffhanger doesn't resolve with near immediacy - you have to have some months of anticipation. If television, maybe a mini-cliffhanger that resolves the following week, but not right after the commercial break.

Last edited:

toyohew900

Dec 12, 2020
A true cliffhanger doesn't resolve with near immediacy - you have to have some months of anticipation. If television, maybe a mini-cliffhanger that resolves the following week, but not right after the commercial break.
I dunno, man. The permanent, unresolved conflict between an analytical and constructivist view grounded in individual events and a holistic view concerned with story-worlds and storytelling leaves mostly unattended such fundamental questions as how narrative is used by literature and literature by narrative for their own ends.

All I care about is hanging from Lucy's cliffs.

Twistty

The Happy Beaver
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
Sep 9, 2016
Cosy Creator
Just finished the first part (0.1) - loving it so far...:love:
....However when I went to - (To donate $10) - I do no see any "Name your own price" options there?

Untitled.jpg
Ps. - Downloaded the game from F95 - but often use itch as a "thank you" site when the option to do so - is available.

Some games have that option - for example:
Untit1led.jpg

Will be you adding that option there a some point?

Cheers

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
Cosy Creator
....However when I went to - (To donate $10) - I do no see any "Name your own price" options there?

View attachment 3602816
Ps. - Downloaded the game from F95 - but often use itch as a "thank you" site when the option to do so - is available.

View attachment 3602823

Cheers
Itch are a bunch of cunts who've demonetized a lot of AVN devs. They're super inconsistent and seemingly arbitrary about it, some devs haven't been demonetized but a lot have. I'm guessing that's what happened to Cosy.

• Sad
Reactions: Twistty

Cosy Creator

Game Developer
Dec 11, 2022
Cosy Creator

View attachment 3602816

View attachment 3602823

Cheers
Glad you're enjoying it!

I read about some devs having issues with itch, and a few even claiming that they got their paypal accounts banned for receiving payouts from there - no idea how true it is, but I decided it wasn't worth the hassle so I turned it off shortly after starting.

Twistty

The Happy Beaver
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
Sep 9, 2016
Itch are a bunch of cunts who've demonetized a lot of AVN devs. They're super inconsistent and seemingly arbitrary about it, some devs haven't been demonetized but a lot have. I'm guessing that's what happened to Cosy.
Just found the game recently - so....?
- If that is the case - that is - well "sad" :cautious:
Do you know if he has any other options like - buy-me-a-coffee :coffee: or beer, etc...

Edit - I had a few tabs open - when I posted this.
Thanks for the answer Cosy Creator!

Sorry this showed up after your post? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
  • Hey there
Reactions: rKnight

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Just found the game recently - so....?
- If that is the case - that is - well "sad" :cautious:
Do you know if he has any other options like - buy-me-a-coffee :coffee: or beer, etc...

Edit - I had a few tabs open - when I posted this.
Thanks for the answer Cosy Creator!

Sorry this showed up after your post? :rolleyes:
If you just want to do a one-time donation, you can always sign up for patreon or subscribestar and then cancel it as soon as the payment goes through.

Baalzie

Aug 18, 2022
But between updates of an AVN is more like between episodes of a TV series, not between 2 parts of the same episode after a commercial break.
C'mon...
Case in point Any TV series with more than 3 seasons. How many episodes each season? Around 8-16? Now compare to the average LONG AVN. Usually less than 10 , mostly 4 or if lucky 8 "episodes", or updates per chapter.

So yeah, between episodes, not before and after commercial. C'mon...

Jimskeleton

Nov 9, 2020
love this VN its purrfect just wish it had faster updates even if it meant smaller.
I think Cosy is probably one of the most reliable devs I've seen in terms of speed of updates, and the rotation between 1 and 2 day updates works perfectly, I can't speak for everyone but I personally find updates that end after a few hours or half a day has passed in game frustrating, waking up and going to sleep to start and end an update I always think works best which is what you lose here if you want faster updates.

SlapE

Dec 4, 2022
I think Cosy is probably one of the most reliable devs I've seen in terms of speed of updates, and the rotation between 1 and 2 day updates works perfectly, I can't speak for everyone but I personally find updates that end after a few hours or half a day has passed in game frustrating, waking up and going to sleep to start and end an update I always think works best which is what you lose here if you want faster updates.
Yeah I agree with this. Despite the fact that I absolutely adore the game 'Limitless', one of the cons for me is that it takes multiple updates to get through a single day, at least for the last couple of in-game days anyways. That's the only thing I'm not a fan of, otherwise I love that game.

That basketball harem game (yes that one) is the worst offender of this IMO. Seems like it takes 3, 4, or even 5 updates to get through a single day in that game, but also the scenes just drag on in that game... and it's not even close to done... that game is on pace for being completed in the 2030's at the earliest.

Cosy Cafe on the other hand does it perfectly getting through 1 or 2 days per update. There's other games that also do this, and I always feel they are the best paced games I've played, and never give me the feeling of dragging on ever.

I'm looking forward to the update, waiting patiently as always.

4.70 star(s) 123 Votes