Mod Cheat Mod Ren'Py Completed Corruption: Better Experience [v2.02] [anne O'nymous]

5.00 star(s) 6 Votes

pspbro

Apr 22, 2017
This mod is absolutely fantastic, thank you for posting! It saves so much time dealing with various save states to go back and watch scenes. Definitely the best way to play the game!

I don't know if this is related to the previous poster that couldn't get the config menu up (shift home/shift *) or not, but I ran into a similar issue with a compact keyboard I have. It relies on using a key combination for most of the 'special' buttons, e.g., the * character requires (Fn+P), Home requires (Fn + Left). Doing a shift + (Fn+P) or shift + (Fn+left) wouldn't bring up the menu. Not sure if that feedback helps you or not.

Plugging in a full keyboard worked just fine, and I didn't end up changing anything anyway, defaults were perfect :D Thanks again!

Reactions: anne O'nymous

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
This mod is absolutely fantastic, thank you for posting!
You're welcome, it's a pleasure to see people enjoying what I did.

It relies on using a key combination for most of the 'special' buttons, e.g., the * character requires (Fn+P), Home requires (Fn + Left). Doing a shift + (Fn+P) or shift + (Fn+left) wouldn't bring up the menu. Not sure if that feedback helps you or not.
It help... without helping. What I mean is that I now know what I should do, even if it isn't related to the said problem. But in the same time, I don't really know how Ren'py named the "function" key, nor if it's standardized enough to be really useful.
But well, I know what to search, I already better than before.

rainshigure

May 14, 2018
first, a big thank you for making this mod, it make the game so much ejoyable.
now for my question, is it possible to add a feature to change the status of other minor character? for example the other teachers at school? because some events are locked based on their status. thanks in advance

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
now for my question, is it possible to add a feature to change the status of other minor character? for example the other teachers at school? because some events are locked based on their status. thanks in advance
Theoretically speaking, yes it is possible. But in practice it's something else.
Firstly, unlike for the main characters, they don't follow a regular pattern. For some minor character you need a few grinding between each level, like the clerk at the convenient store or the guide at Utopia ; and it's not even the same interval between each level. For others it's one change by step, like the nurses, the nuns, and many others.
Secondly, they don't all start at 0. By example, the convenient store clerk start at 1 (set when you give her back her keys), and if I remember correctly the nurses start at 2.
Thirdly some of them are nested with something else. For the police chief, it's "easy", once Michelle reach a given level, you have to raise her from 0 to X before you can continue with Michelle. But for the women in the residential area, you need to raise them to the level X, then you'll have to raise Dana & Becky to the level Y before you can continue to raise the women. And the opposite is also true, you can't raise Dana & Becky further than the level Y, until the women have reach their level X.
Oh, and there's the mothers at the playground. They have multiple events at each level, corresponding exactly to the number of step needed to level them up.

The two first points can be covered by writing a dedicated code for each one of them (what isn't really tempting ;) ), but the third one can really break the game if a single condition test isn't correctly wrote. I can eventually just cover the ones that are really safe, but it lead to some injustice. Why those ones and this one ?
In the end, I prefer to not cover them at all. It's safer, less complicated for me, and in the end it don't really complicate the game to stay this way.

beetwinz

Sep 12, 2018
How to rise principal corruption.
I stuck in 106 corruption level.
And how to give potion to principal husban.
Iam stuck theres event.

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
How to rise principal corruption.
I stuck in 106 corruption level.
And how to give potion to principal husban.
Iam stuck theres event.
Please, for this kind of questions, ask in the . You'll have better answers than here.

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
this isnt working for me this patch
Well, you'll need to say more if you want some help. What's not working ? What are the symptoms ? Are you using a saved file ? Are you starting a new game ? Can you access the configuration interface ? And so many more questions that can change everything.

This said, my ISP is trying to make me crazy, so I haven't finished to download the last update. Still I know that the mod is working even with it, else @King Monkey Mom, among others, would have said it already.

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
can i use this with new version of game sir?
Normally you can use it with all new versions ; unless Mr.C decide to make a big change in the game. The worse that you can encounter is that some addition to the game aren't still take in count. But, well, like I implied above, I have a really shitty internet connection lately, and I'm still waiting :(

redownloaded the mod and extracted it again works now that was weird
There's things that happen sometimes... Had the same kind of case with a game yesterday. It never shown me the possibility to change the language, until I ask for help in the game's thread. :/

5.00 star(s) 6 Votes