Mod Cheat Mod Ren'Py Completed Corruption: Better Experience [v2.02] [anne O'nymous]

5.00 star(s) 6 Votes

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
well shit I wasted a hole lot of time looking for nothing then. thenks for telling me that.
I'll probably remove it if it's still not used in the next update. At first at put it because I expected it to be used quickly, but it's now the fourth update and still nothing :(

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
this mod imo is alot better then Kinnerman the thing that sold me on using this is choosing which scene you get so nothing is random
When I mod, my first thought is, "how can I make it less annoying when you want/need to restart a fresh game". Then, like I know that my taste isn't universal, my second intention is to make the mod in a way which let you use, or not, what I added/changed. And my intend is seen on its name, "better experience".
In the end, I'm glad, because apparently I made it with this one and people seem to enjoy the experience it provide.

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
other then this game and bondage island have you made mods for anything else?
I started a lot of mods for a lot of games... but I have had really too few free time this year and so never made them public because they aren't finalized. It will happen in the future, but firstly I must be sure that they can be updated quickly, like I do for this one. I don't want players be stuck with either an unmodded version of the game, or having to wait many days before being able to use their favorite mod.

Reactions: King Monkey Mon

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Updated OP with a new version of the mod.

The only change is that now you can change the period of the day, but still you can NOT change the day itself. It's possible, but I'm still not sure that it's harmless.

Oh, by the way, I also removed the "policewomen" event, since it's still not used. I'll put it back when Mr.C finally decide to do something with it.

Kage_at_Fap

May 6, 2017
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/AONmod.rpy", line 25, in script
    init 999 python:
  File "game/AONmod.rpy", line 28, in <module>
    import AONmod
ImportError: No module named AONmod

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/AONmod.rpy", line 25, in script
    init 999 python:
  File "C:\Users\pedro\OneDrive\Documents\MEGAsync Downloads\Corruption Games\corruption-v1.00-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 814, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\Users\pedro\OneDrive\Documents\MEGAsync Downloads\Corruption Games\corruption-v1.00-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1715, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "game/AONmod.rpy", line 28, in <module>
    import AONmod
ImportError: No module named AONmod

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.12.3.2123
corruption 1.00

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
The mod keeps on making my game crash
Hum, what did you did exactly before this start to happen ? Because there's really few possibilities for this :
  • There's no directory named "AON-packages" in the "[...]\corruption-v1.00-pc\game\" directory ;
  • There's no file named "AONmod.pyo" in the said "AON-packages" directory ;
  • There's no file named "AON.rpa" in the "[...]\corruption-v1.00-pc\game\" directory.
And none of these situation should happen in regular use. So, verify that the files are here, try to reinstall the mod, and if it continue, explain me what exactly you did.

Kage_at_Fap

May 6, 2017
Hum, what did you did exactly before this start to happen ? Because there's really few possibilities for this :
  • There's no directory named "AON-packages" in the "[...]\corruption-v1.00-pc\game\" directory ;
  • There's no file named "AONmod.pyo" in the said "AON-packages" directory ;
  • There's no file named "AON.rpa" in the "[...]\corruption-v1.00-pc\game\" directory.
And none of these situation should happen in regular use. So, verify that the files are here, try to reinstall the mod, and if it continue, explain me what exactly you did.
Noob mistake when really tired. Forgot to unzip the files my bad....

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Noob mistake when really tired. Forgot to unzip the files my bad....
Don't worry, it happen to anyone. Two days ago I put a mod in the "renpy" directory instead of the "game" one :(

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Create the mod for android pls
No need to ask twice. I lack of free time actually, but trying to improve my tools, to make them working with android is part of my projects ; which should imply more compatibility for my mods. But well, I first need to do a lot of things, so it will probably happen one day, but I don't have a single clue about when will be this day.

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Alright, the release date for the next update is now know and... Well, I expected end of the first fortnight of July, too bad it will be on the third week. Therefore, I inform you that I'll be on holiday at this time. Obviously, it mean that I will not be able to update the mod (if needed) before my return, start of August ; it's my daughter request, no computer on holiday (I should survive, right ?).

There's 90% chance that everything will be fine and that the mod will don't even need an update. After all, most of the last mod's updates where just to add a feature, not because the game itself made them mandatory.
Anyway, as long as there isn't a major change in the game, the mod should works without problem. The worse that should happen is that a new character or a new randomization is added, and not seen yet by the mod.
If really there's something breaking the mod, remember that you can disable each part independently ; it can help to solve the problem until I come back.

Working on the mod will not be the first thing I'll do when I'll come back, but still one of the firsts. So, if there's a problem with the update, don't hesitate to say it here. It will make my job more faster if I know from start what I must look at.

Reactions: patrickB

DuesVult

Jun 28, 2018
Hi @

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Are you sure that you extracted everything ? Due to the error, it looks like you (or winrar) did not extracted the content of the "/game/AON-packages" folder, or at least not in totality.

[Note: I go on holidays tomorrow... So, I hope it's really just this :D]

DuesVult

Jun 28, 2018
I hope its a mistake on my part, dont wanna disrupt ur holiday. Im not too sure because all i did was extract the rar using winrar to the game folder itself, which contains the .rpa, .rpyc files. When extracted (extracted files contain 1 .rpa 1. rpy 1.rpyc and 3 .pyo files. The game showed the error code as i posted

5.00 star(s) 6 Votes