VN Ren'Py Corporate Culture [v0.6] [sqwl]

4.30 star(s) 151 Votes

El Pene Del Diablo

Oct 16, 2022
That's the main problem. When you start a game, MC is as him developer has imagined... His treads or value are as developer imagined it... point...
And then everything you choose is your decision... In predefined borders. Devs will try to have as few endings as possible.
If you don't like MC and/or the game, stop playing, delete the game. Search next game. It's wrong to think than developer will change MC/game. Devs game is written around his MC...
I didnt say I disliked, nor did I ask for changes.
a lot of my critique was opinion. as for the MCs nature that was not, he's just as beta as it gets.

as I said, I want to see how he tries to turn it around, I just dont have much hope it will work:
I could be wrong, but we'll see.

Reactions: rudy007

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
I didnt say I disliked, nor did I ask for changes.
a lot of my critique was opinion. as for the MCs nature that was not, he's just as beta as it gets.

as I said, I want to see how he tries to turn it around, I just dont have much hope it will work:
I didn't think of you, even if that's look like it. I wrote it in general. I have nothing against you or anybody who come on any game's thread and say anything about, good or bad. When he say it normally, culturally. But there are people who doesn't know what culture means nor can spell it. But they instead of going away, they stay and talking bad about game, MC, developer...
So, sorry, I wasn't thinking about you specifically.
Everybody who has a question or simple want to speak about this game is welcome on this or any other thread...

MagicShoppe

Jan 6, 2024
Also, and btw, even IF the MC was as bad as you (or others) said, honestly that shouldn't matter at all unless you're one of those weirdos who self-insert.
Or I'm one of THOSE WEIRDOS who don't read stories where the MC is useless and completely uninteresting piece of shit. But then. That's probably what makes someone one of THOSE WEIRDOS.

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
Or I'm one of THOSE WEIRDOS who don't read stories where the MC is useless and completely uninteresting piece of shit. But then. That's probably what makes someone one of THOSE WEIRDOS.
Sometimes I wish I could think critically about a MC like that but also glad I dont either. I think it's easier to enjoy these games if you disconnect from a MC almost entirely tbh. not there is anything wrong with how you read them. I just find by being almost entirely disconnect from a MC I almost never think about if this mc is good, is it creep or perv, a piecie of shit etc etc unless he does something that stands out to me. Since im playing the game as a player more often than not so easy for me to not think about those things.

MagicShoppe

Jan 6, 2024
It has nothing to do with connecting or disconnecting. It has to do with not giving a shit. If you want to tell me a story about someone and I don't give a shit if they live or die, the story is pointless. The MC has to have enough there that I care that they exist or not. It's not sympathy or empathy or that remind me of me. It's why the fuck do I even care? Without that, why bother spending the time?

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
It has nothing to do with connecting or disconnecting. It has to do with not giving a shit. If you want to tell me a story about someone and I don't give a shit if they live or die, the story is pointless. The MC has to have enough there that I care that they exist or not. It's not sympathy or empathy or that remind me of me. It's why the fuck do I even care? Without that, why bother spending the time?
lol you missed the entire point of my reply. I said I could tell how you are able to think critically about the MC in your own words not giving a shit. The disconnecting thing was me sharing my own perspective on how I'm able to play games and enjoy them. Since the things you have an issue with that makes you not care about a MC has never crossed my mind once due to the way I play these games. Hell I even said sometimes I wish I could think about a MC like you do since my lack of thinking about a MC like that , sometimes I have a hard time understanding why someone may dislike a MC or a game because of the MC.

MagicShoppe

Jan 6, 2024
lol you missed the entire point of my reply. I said I could tell how you are able to think critically about the MC in your own words not giving a shit. The disconnecting thing was me sharing my own perspective on how I'm able to play games and enjoy them. Since the things you have an issue with that makes you not care about a MC has never crossed my mind once due to the way I play these games. Hell I even said sometimes I wish I could think about a MC like you do since my lack of thinking about a MC like that , sometimes I have a hard time understanding why someone may dislike a MC or a game because of the MC.
Ah. I see. Then by your definition I can't disconnect like you do because I can't enjoy any media where I don't care about some of the characters.

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
If I don't like a MC I stop playing the game. But I can relate to this one, he's smart but he's suffering from depression and find no meaning in life in this corporate world. I would like an Elsa in my life too :cry:

Jacowboy

Aug 8, 2022
Well you're definitely one of THOSE WEIRDOS that love quoting people in a very dishonest way... at least quote the whole thing, since like I said just after that part: "in the end, the MC can be good or bad but it doesn't matter as long as they're interesting and the rest of the characters and story are interesting"... and if YOU don't find the MC interesting, well then that's fair enough, but what the fuck are you even doing here? This game is clearly not for you... :unsure:

For example, I don't like the MC, but I find him interesting enough as a character to want to know where the story is going... but if you don't, fine... go play something else. See? Easy.

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
You want a cold-hearted person who pretends to have you best interest at heart but will stab you in the back if her needs change?
You see her in a negative way, but I see her in a positive way. She motivates him and try to get the better of him. She may look cold-hearted but I think she has his best interests at heart. Some people need a kick in the ass to motivate themselves and get out of the gutter.

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
Ah. I see. Then by your definition I can't disconnect like you do because I can't enjoy any media where I don't care about some of the characters.
not at all you just enjoy these games in a different way than me, in fact probably better you actually connect or want to connect cause you are able to be more objective / think critical about a MC unlike me.

Reactions: rudy007

Jumbi

Feb 17, 2020
I can see the point in quitting playing one of these games if you dislike the MC very much. I mean, there are games where I feel that way about the MC. Seriously, I tried games in here where the MC is a complete piece of trash. But this is not one of those games. Sure, Edward has issues. But he also has strong points. Why would anyone say that he has no redeeming qualities? I don't understand it. I'm eager to keep playing the game and seeing where this journey takes him.

MagicShoppe

Jan 6, 2024
Well you're definitely one of THOSE WEIRDOS that love quoting people in a very dishonest way...
No, my problem was your referring to "Those weirdos" as if something was wrong with identifying with a character. It was a disgusting way to think about others. You missed the point.

Reactions: shitass1001

MagicShoppe

Jan 6, 2024
You see her in a negative way, but I see her in a positive way. She motivates him and try to get the better of him. She may look cold-hearted but I think she has his best interests at heart. Some people need a kick in the ass to motivate themselves and get out of the gutter.
She has told him he can't trust other people. How is she exempt from being untrustworthy?

Given the depressing way the story is presented, she MUST fuck him over in the end. Any sunshine and roses ending involving her would invalidate the entire story.

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
She has told him he can't trust other people. How is she exempt from being untrustworthy?

Given the depressing way the story is presented, she MUST fuck him over in the end. Any sunshine and roses ending involving her would invalidate the entire story.
probably true but I find it hard to believe she would be untrustworthy and fuck the MC over in the end , at least without picking a wrong choice at some point in the game. Since after all this is a game not a movie and she is 1 of the few character that could perhaps be considered a LI, at least I hope she is a LI and it isn't just Alice.

Personally I see her helping the MC move up the ranks and would move up as well with the MC at some point but doesn't want the responsibility of being a leader / management. So with that in mind I dont think should would betray the MC. Tho I do need to replay this game so I could of easily forgotten alot.

MagicShoppe

Jan 6, 2024
I doubt Elsa would ever have sex with Edward. There's no hint she as any such interest in him.

And "it's a game" only makes it worse if that's the reason she doesn't backstab him. It may end up that she elevates Edward and that in turn elevates her more for a "happy" ending. But at some point, Edward should become expendable. This is typical in corporate culture. It's why it's the name of game, isn't it?

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
I doubt Elsa would ever have sex with Edward. There's no hint she as any such interest in him.

And "it's a game" only makes it worse if that's the reason she doesn't backstab him. It may end up that she elevates Edward and that in turn elevates her more for a "happy" ending. But at some point, Edward should become expendable. This is typical in corporate culture. It's why it's the name of game, isn't it?
gonna have to agree to disagree with you on that one

4.30 star(s) 151 Votes