VN HTML Ren'Py Completed Coming to Grips with Christine [Ep. 1-5] [Tora Productions]

4.20 star(s) 11 Votes

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Do you think we will see her in a future game?
Doubtful, like I said, she's with someone so unless you play through his story which doesn't seem likely she probably won't appear again.

From what I can gather there is another Pandora game coming out which has the girls on the boat and from the ending of this there will be a Keely game in the works at some point.

Quick edit. Actually I could be wrong entirely. If she ends up popular enough there is always the chance they might tell her story from her younger years. Not sure because of the dad story but it's possible. I just know she won't be in a game as she is now as a romance option.

constantine

Jul 1, 2017
As much as I like Laura, I think the neutral ending with both Christine and Laura is the best. Adrian doesn't lose anything with Christine, while gaining something with Laura. You get the best of both worlds. And you could always decide later if you want to choose one over the other (they don't seem to mind). Also, dating them both actually helps the sisters grow closer.

Reactions: Avaron1974

Tlaero

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2018
A few replies.
1) I don't currently plan to do a game with Helen (Christine's Mom), but anything is possible. If enough people wanted such a game, I'd start thinking about how to make it work. I won't have her swing with Adrian, though. I spend too many hours working on these games to create something I wouldn't enjoy.

2) Avaron, you're correct in your read on my tastes. As for the implied cheating in the post-credits scene--cheating happens. Some stories go dark in order to become light again. In my games it's rare for the player to be rewarded for infidelity (for similar reasons as to why in my games you don't get the girl drunk to convince her to have sex with you). But the player isn't in control of James in this game. So what he does is on him...

3) As for the "this game isn't good enough because it doesn't have <insert fetish>" posts. I understand these positions. People are welcome to enjoy the things they enjoy. And there are a ton of games that cater to every different taste, so I'm sure you'll be able to find what you like. My games are geared toward people like me. Yes, "non-fetish erotic games" is a niche of a niche of a niche. But creators have to like what they create, because we can never get our time back. And, besides, even being a niche of a niche of a niche, many of my games have had over a million people play them. So it works for me. (But it puts the whole "600 patrons" number in perspective, doesn't it?)

Tlaero

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I have no complaints, i'm a sucker for romance. Typically I go for lesbian stuff but I fell in love with Pandora which led me on to Elsa then RFJ, Miranda, Chloe etc... I played the original Christine game years ago but I didn't appreciate it as much back then, it took a while before I could get behind male MC's.

I don't mind cheating used as a plot point or, in this instance, the start of something because I know she'll finish up better than she started. I'm not a bloke so the whole NTR jealousy thing never bothered me but I don't find it all that interesting when that's the main theme. Your games never have been and, besides being straight, more or less match my own tastes.

The only time i've been both happy and disappointed with something was one of the endings for Chloe where you could end up with Xara. She was one of my fave characters so while that was my head canon ending it didn't tie up any of the plot. The ending itself was great but it did leave me wanting more about her especially after the actual good ending where she leaves. The problem being while I would love to see more of her, her story was tied up nicely at the end of Chloe so I can't think of any reason she'd appear again.

Tlaero

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2018
The only time i've been both happy and disappointed with something was one of the endings for Chloe where you could end up with Xara. She was one of my fave characters so while that was my head canon ending it didn't tie up any of the plot. The ending itself was great but it did leave me wanting more about her especially after the actual good ending where she leaves. The problem being while I would love to see more of her, her story was tied up nicely at the end of Chloe so I can't think of any reason she'd appear again.
More importantly, with the way time works in those two worlds, she really can't show up again. There are things I can do with her, but to have her interact with these characters again, she'd pretty much need to go through the portal and immediately turn around.

Tlaero

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
More importantly, with the way time works in those two worlds, she really can't show up again. There are things I can do with her, but to have her interact with these characters again, she'd pretty much need to go through the portal and immediately turn around.

Tlaero
I think, while I did love the Elsaverse storyline and Xara will always be one of my fave characters from that, I am more interested to see what's next. We all have a character or several we like from that series but it did end and while I think I read some of them may make a cameo we have left those guys behind.

Although I will say I am looking forward to seeing Pandora from a different persons perspective. It was the story that started me off on the visual novel thing so i'm always happy to see more of those guys. Shameful to admit that I always forget the name of the lass I like from that, it's the helicopter pilot, the short hair tattoo look is my jam.

My girlfriend reads your stuff and I do agree with her that it's great you have gone back and given the fans more of the characters that started it all.

Alfius

Engaged Member
Modder
Sep 30, 2017
Bonus content for getting all achievements, totally worth it to.

Not quite as hot as the bonus scene from Redemption for Jessika but more than worth seeing.
Have not played this one yet, but I beg to differ on RfJ. The best bonus scene was in Saving Chloe.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Have not played this one yet, but I beg to differ on RfJ. The best bonus scene was in Saving Chloe.
I haven't seen the bonus on Saving Chloe yet, still missing one achievement. I meant to go back for it at one point but got caught up in Final Fantasy 14.

Mortze

Game Developer
Aug 27, 2017
3) As for the "this game isn't good enough because it doesn't have <insert fetish>" posts. I understand these positions. People are welcome to enjoy the things they enjoy. And there are a ton of games that cater to every different taste, so I'm sure you'll be able to find what you like. My games are geared toward people like me. Yes, "non-fetish erotic games" is a niche of a niche of a niche. But creators have to like what they create, because we can never get our time back. And, besides, even being a niche of a niche of a niche, many of my games have had over a million people play them. So it works for me. (But it puts the whole "600 patrons" number in perspective, doesn't it?)
In my opinion, those kind of posts/critics are nonsense and utterly irrelevant for any creator. It's like being disappointed about Terminator 2 because it didn't had any lightsaber fights. Our games allow for some fetishes when it makes sense for fetishes to be there. The fetishes have to serve the characters. The other way around the characters will loose their substance because you had to put a particular fetish there. We've used some fetishes when appropriated, Tlaero has declined some fetishes ideas I had and I've opposed some fetish ideas she suggested, for 2 important reasons; one is that it didn't made sense for the characters involved, and two, it wasn't something we'd want to dwell with.
Fortunately, the sex games "industry" is so huge that there's room for all the fetishes I can imagine - and I refuse to imagine too. The moment we start putting fetishes on demand in our games is the moment our games will lose their substance and identity.

The only type of fetish criticism I consider reading is when I'm doing a game ab out a particular fetish (like BDSM for example) and the critics are about me using some practices wrong, or portraying BDSM in an ignorant way, or something as remotely related to that fetish. Someone asking for "cheating" in a BDSM game is asking me to make a game only for him.

Alfius

Engaged Member
Modder
Sep 30, 2017
Nice one!

just finished this game and it was the the usual standard from Tora games. (Very high)

Not the same class as the Elsaverse games. But I loved the characters in the game.

Is it just me or was the hottest sex scene Helen followed by the bonus one?
I don't know why, but that scene was awesome.

Reactions: Blayo
4.20 star(s) 11 Votes