• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Re-4Andrew

Aug 4, 2017
I'm not sure why people seem disappointed over the missing CGs I'm interested to know if the project continues forward, is the team looking to add animated scenes, similar to SummerTIme Saga, even Dark Cookie is looking to add better animations his team are actively looking for more people to improve that project, he just posted a message on his Patreon
page to get peoples to send in their resumes.

The CG is a outdated, but at the same time you probably would have to redo or switch the games engine for animations, I've played quite a few of these RGSS games they all are pretty much CG unanimted pics.

Alleykatt

May 19, 2017
I'm not sure why people seem disappointed over the missing CGs
I think you are missing the point. We are not "disappointed". Claire's Quest is a really nicely constructed game, but it is not finished. If you play it now, you really miss out on a lot of the game. We would rather wait and play it properly. It's a bit different from games that are released episodically - then you don't miss anything, you just get it drip fed. I would rather wait for the complete experience rather than 'spoil' the game for myself now.

Amanda Carter

Jun 7, 2017
Right now the dev is making 2 games and only includes 3 CGs per update. So CG's will take a loooong time to catch up, i'm pretty sure there will come a time when the game would be finished and not half of the CGs would be finished.

I really like the art style of this game, Sanguine Rose and Seeds of Chaos but all of those games have the same problem; quality CGs cost a lot so very few CG per update. I want to support them all but it makes no sense to support 5-10$ per game per month with so few new CGs. That is why what @Alleykatt says make sense.

On the other hand, if nobody supports, the game would never be finished :(

stoper

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
On the other hand, if nobody supports, the game would never be finished :(
That's true.
On one hand I want to support the project, because it seems like it would be a very good HRPG when it's finished.
But on another, I never play unfinished games (unless the updates are structured episodically) and it feels weird to give good cash and not get anything in return for a very long time.

Stakos

Jun 24, 2017
Does anyone know how to go to the toilet in the inn? She keeps saying she doesn't have to go...

Korhal

Aug 15, 2017
@asivan Yes there is. Here:

SCENE GUIDE (0.9.2):

REFUGEE CAMP
* Blowjob; Camp (CG + Text)
* Groping; Camp (CG + Text)
* Striptease; Camp (CG + Text)

FOREST
* Pigman Rape, Gameover (CG + Text)
* Ogre Encounter (Text Only)

FORT AMBERLEY
* Bondage; Torture Chamber (CG + Text)

HOOKTON VILLAGE
* Horse Handjob; Stable (CG + Text)
* Slime Gameover; Inn, Basement (CG + Text)
* Blowjob; Inn, Toilet (CG + Text)

PIRATE SHIP
* Rape Penetration; Cabin (CG + Text)

RATHPIKE:
* Anal Penetration; Inn (CG + Text)
* Penetration; Brothel (CG + Text)
* Deepthroat; Street (CG + Text)
* Dog Blowjob; Kennels (Text Only)
* Dog Penetration; Seaside House (Text Only)
* Horse Penetration; Stables (Text Only)
* Deepthroat; Pub, Basement (Text Only)
* Orgy; Warehouse (Text Only)
* Mercenary Gameover; Dargan, Mine Exterior (Text Only)
* Rape Penetration; Pub, Drunk + Outside (Text Only)
* Glory Hole Blowjob; Meat Pit (Text Only)
* Vaginal Penetration; Meat Pit (Text Only)
* Kraken Gameover (Text Only)
* Manticore Gameover (Text Only)

VALOS:
* Blowjob; Lawrence's Mansion, Cell (Text Only)
* Spanking; Restaurant (Text Only)
* Groping; Pub (Text Only)
* Gangrape; Pub (Text Only)

---

@Alleykatt The delay in artwork is primarily the result of... well, plain bad luck to be honest. Despite me wanting to keep the artwork consistent + high quality, I've had issues with disappearing artists, artists being too expensive, and artists who couldn't consistently draw with the same quality. I even had an artist get hit by a car, although thankfully he's made out of adamantium or something and recovered pretty damned fast.

I work on the game for free. The whole point of my Patreon was to use it to pay for resources I couldn't do myself, to improve the game. Since I could only write + game design, every other aspect, like artwork and programming, is paid for. The Patreon's monthly income basically lets me hire staff on a monthly basis. However, the artwork can never really catch up to me. In a month, I could probably do 4-5 scenes - and that's just me working on the weekends. The Patreon can only afford 2 sets of artwork per month, alongside other assets (although recently I hit a 1.5k goal, so I can get 3 sets per month now!)

So since I'm way faster than the artists, the story/game is always further ahead than the artwork, leading to many blackscreens. At one point, I asked patrons if they wanted me to just stop adding scenes and wait for the artwork to catch up, but the vote was in favor of pushing ahead with the story and letting the artwork take its time. Hence why I've continued to just keep adding blackscreen scenes.

I understand if you don't want to play text-only, but there's no real 'cut-off' since it's an open-ended game. I can't just tell you where the artwork stops. I do have a scene guide that tells you what has CG and what doesn't though.

The only guarantee I can give right now is that if you leave the Prologue, you'll run into blackscreen scenes, but the Prologue has all the artwork in place. Even custom music!

How did you manage to get into Seaside House it says you constantly slip off

twitterpation

Jun 27, 2017
@CupuricAcid You need strength/defiance to climb in IIRC. If you don't have enough you need to go to the bar, find the maid who works there, and she'll give you the key to the front door

Reactions: Krull

twitterpation

Jun 27, 2017
@CupuricAcid She only shows up if you've actually got the quest to infiltrate the Seaside House. Are you working for the thieves yet? I think it's the second quest? And I had 5 defiance when I climbed the vine if that helps

Korhal

Aug 15, 2017
@CupuricAcid She only shows up if you've actually got the quest to infiltrate the Seaside House. Are you working for the thieves yet? I think it's the second quest? And I had 5 defiance when I climbed the vine if that helps
Yeah now for some reason I cant climb despite having 20+ defiance. So I guess I need to start the Thief quest... The problem is I dont know where to start. Pls help

Korhal

Aug 15, 2017
@CupuricAcid

Iirc you need to talk to the pink hair guy in Rathpike next to the street shops, and he'll give you a quest if you have high intrigue, then you can join
I got the first quest to reward the A smith and punish the S smith but how do you do that? it appears that the A smith wants BSteel but only way to get is blocked off. Do you need to join the Mercenary to do this? also how do you punish the S Smith

Laughapalooza

Apr 14, 2017
Okay, so I've made it to the seaside house, but all my options result in the dog killing Claire or Claire incapacitating the dog? Is my defiance too low/high? (Two different files)

4.40 star(s) 107 Votes