• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.
4.60 star(s) 304 Votes

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
The epilogue in the last update very subtly explains it. Obviously they can't outright say it because Patreon rules, but the hint is there.
At the beginning
"MC and Jaye have no blood ties."
Ok

"No, wait. Actually Jaye is genetically the daughter/clone of MC's mother."
Weird, but okay

"Wait, wait!!! We verified, they are not genetically related"
Ahahah!!! Come on that's better

A moment later...
"Maybe the tests are wrong"
Whatever, make up your minds though, that already nobody cares but like this....

Lostanddamned

Engaged Member
Mar 29, 2019
At the beginning
"MC and Jaye have no blood ties."
Ok

"No, wait. Actually Jaye is genetically the daughter/clone of MC's mother."
Weird, but okay

"Wait, wait!!! We verified, they are not genetically related"
Ahahah!!! Come on that's better

A moment later...
"Maybe the tests are wrong"
Whatever, make up your minds though, that already nobody cares but like this....
The tests aren't wrong though, the lab workers mix up the samples and run the wrong sample for Jaye's test since they are in a hurry to grab drinks and run the other sample which also has the J.C letters on it. They don't say it outright, because it will be breaking Patreon's rules, but they imply it in their own way.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
The tests aren't wrong though, the lab workers mix up the samples and run the wrong sample for Jaye's test since they are in a hurry to grab drinks and run the other sample which also has the J.C letters on it. They don't say it outright, because it will be breaking Patreon's rules, but they imply it in their own way.
That scene means absolutely little because we don't know who they were testing. Once you mix up the samples, anything can happen.

Most importantly: who gives a damn? With one chapter to go...

Reactions: ename144

Lostanddamned

Engaged Member
Mar 29, 2019
That scene means absolutely little because we don't know who they were testing. Once you mix up the samples, anything can happen.

Most importantly: who gives a damn? With one chapter to go...
One sample was Jaye's that's why she says the test came back negative, but the epilogue shows that the samples got mixed up during testing. Homie, your reading comprehension gets worse with each day. :rolleyes:

LL.Noble

Apr 20, 2024
Chapter 7. Jay and Mallory are sitting on a bench. Jay say "you never knew my mom....but if you did, i think you'd be proud to know that she lives on in you"
SHE LIVES ON IN YOU.......WTF?
Now my brain is completely broken... if Mallory is Sarah's clone, but at the same time she is also Jay's deceased biological mother, then it turns out... Jay's mother and Sarah are the same person? How is this possible??? Or am I stupid and don't understand something?

ModiThorrson

Jan 1, 2024
I'm through chapter 6 and my head is a mess. The biggest problem of the game is the dialogue in which the characters constantly (or rather, almost always with rare exceptions) do not finish speaking, speaking in sarcasm and idioms that not everyone understands.
As a result, I was never able to understand which of the women was genetically related to whom. First, Amanda tells Mallory that according to Sarah's files, there is one child conceived with the help of Pregnya and a donor egg. It was previously said that Mallory is a genetic copy of Sarah. So Devon has already implanted the same egg into his wife?
We are also shown a scene where Sarah and her husband say “your sister is more than a miracle” (or something like that). At the same time, they are alone. Who is Jay's sister? Then at the briefing Jay finds out the truth, she runs away and the player is again not given an answer who Jay is.
Mallory is Sarah's clone. Otherwise, I am completely confused about which of the girls is genetically related to whom and what Devon did.
Please clarify.
The confusion about who is blood related to who is actually the point, it's an ongoing plotline that hasn't been resolved yet. When MC and Jaye's mother was talking about a sister, she was talking TO the MC ABOUT Jaye.

Reactions: tslojr

Malicre

Oct 23, 2018
The confusion about who is blood related to who is actually the point, it's an ongoing plotline that hasn't been resolved yet. When MC and Jaye's mother was talking about a sister, she was talking TO the MC ABOUT Jaye.
From what i can recall wasn't it stated that Mallory is technically his aunt? And also he said he was fine keeping the relationship going since they met before finding that out.

I'll have to replay the game eventually to remember what was actually said.

Adhdclassic

Mar 10, 2024
From what i can recall wasn't it stated that Mallory is technically his aunt? And also he said he was fine keeping the relationship going since they met before finding that out.

I'll have to replay the game eventually to remember what was actually said.
mallory is not his aunt. She is a form of genetic engineering(really confusing form of cloning)of his mother.

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
One sample was Jaye's that's why she says the test came back negative, but the epilogue shows that the samples got mixed up during testing. Homie, your reading comprehension gets worse with each day. :rolleyes:
I daresay yours does as well, friend, at least on this specific point. The epilogue does not show the samples were mixed up. It introduced uncertainty to the situation, by suggesting the employee could have mixed them up, but nobody knows for certain (except the writer).
mallory is not his aunt. She is a form of genetic engineering(really confusing form of cloning)of his mother.
Which is borderline. If your mother was a twin, your aunt would still share that same genetic material. That doesn't make her your mother. If anything, that's where I'd put Mallory. A non-identical twin of his mother. The same genes can express differently based on assorted factors.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:and the fault is mine that I always think that a simp can still talk about something concerning his waifu with a minimum of logic....

the epilogue casts doubt on whether they actually tested Jaye's sample or not, but it doesn't rule it out, and in any case the fact that they still tested it doesn't even prove that Jaye could then actually turn out to be genetically related to MC.

But I reiterate: who cares at this point in the story?

Lostanddamned

Engaged Member
Mar 29, 2019
I daresay yours does as well, friend, at least on this specific point. The epilogue does not show the samples were mixed up. It introduced uncertainty to the situation, by suggesting the employee could have mixed them up, but nobody knows for certain (except the writer).
But it literally says right there that they will start with Jaye's sample since she already has a record in their system:
1715016967614.png
Then the scene continues with:
1715017026904.png
1715017041009.png
1715017053674.png

So it is implied that the guy used the wrong sample in his hurry. Obviously like I told felice, they can't outright say if the samples got mixed or not due to Patreon reasons, so it's pretty much to the player's interpretation. But the way I see it - the guy did indeed use the wrong sample, judging by the female lap tech's reaction.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:and the fault is mine that I always think that a simp can still talk about something concerning his waifu with a minimum of logic....

the epilogue casts doubt on whether they actually tested Jaye's sample or not, but it doesn't rule it out, and in any case the fact that they still tested it doesn't even prove that Jaye could then actually turn out to be genetically related to MC.

But I reiterate: who cares at this point in the story?
I swear sometimes you just argue just to argue. If they used the wrong sample for her test and the result is negative and like Jaye told MC the results came back negative, it would be misinformation anyway. Besides you're getting butthurt for no reason, as if Jaye is the only reason for me to talk about the game. But anyway, suit yourself. :rolleyes:

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
But it literally says right there that they will start with Jaye's sample since she already has a record in their system:
View attachment 3609536
Then the scene continues with:
View attachment 3609543
View attachment 3609545
View attachment 3609547

So it is implied that the guy used the wrong sample in his hurry. Obviously like I told felice, they can't outright say if the samples got mixed or not due to Patreon reasons, so it's pretty much to the player's interpretation. But the way I see it - the guy did indeed use the wrong sample, judging by the female lap tech's reaction.

I swear sometimes you just argue just to argue. If they used the wrong sample for her test and the result is negative and like Jaye told MC the results came back negative, it would be misinformation anyway. Besides you're getting butthurt for no reason, as if Jaye is the only reason for me to talk about the game. But anyway, suit yourself. :rolleyes:
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
yet it is not complicated: MAYBE they used the wrong sample, if they both start with C there is exactly the same opportunity for it to be right or wrong.

but assuming it's the wrong one doesn't mean the test would have resulted in a different outcome. and considering the pateron issue we'll probably never know

don't go full Darkwen.... :cry:

Lostanddamned

Engaged Member
Mar 29, 2019
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
yet it is not complicated: MAYBE they used the wrong sample, if they both start with C there is exactly the same opportunity for it to be right or wrong.

but assuming it's the wrong one doesn't mean the test would have resulted in a different outcome. and considering the pateron issue we'll probably never know

don't go full Darkwen.... :cry:
So you're just saying the same thing I did? I miss when my homie would contribute in discussions in a meaningful way and not saying stuff just to say it. :cry:

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Okay, just thinking out loud, even if they used the wrong sample, it doesnt mean Jaye's sample would have tested positive. Obviously Jaye is Schrodinger's cat, not sure how anyone can miss it.
And also no one knows about this possible error, no one has any reason to retest. Both tests went well, everyone is happy.

Timo70

Jul 19, 2023
Just do it..
its amazing go to patreon and give them some cash even..
I bought this on steam after I played the first two chapters and I am VERY HAPPY

LL.Noble

Apr 20, 2024
I reached the end of chapter 8. I, probably, like many others, tried to be the best guy (maximum trust and love points) for both Jay and Mallory, feeding them both a fairy tale about great love. As a result, I got Game Over in Chapter 7. This is a slap in the face to the player! I had to study the walkthrough guide more carefully and replay about 1.5 chapters. There seemed to be a discussion about a cheat mod that regulates glasses and something else. Where can I get it?

4.60 star(s) 304 Votes