• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Unity Caroline's Harvest Moon [Dev Thread]

besimole

Nov 15, 2021
Hello everyone. I haven't written anything for a long time, it's time to tell you how things are going.
To begin with, about the visuals: for the last couple of months, I drew several key frames for future animations.
Combat mechanics: I'll tell you a little bit about how I plan the fights to be. The fight consists of two phases - foreplay (teasing) and sex. In the first stage, Cara can fight with the harasser, and find a way to escape from his embrace, force the opponent to be satisfied by only the prelude, or quickly move everything to the second phase. In the second stage, Cara will just have to endure the sex or, on the contrary, try to stimulate her partner so that he comes sooner. Everything happens in real time, and the player's inaction will lead to defeat.
I made a prototype of the combat system, it worked and everything seemed to be fine, but it didn't suit me at all... The system was a bit illogical and not much fun. That's why I've rethought it and I'm going to redo the logic of the fights a little bit.

I'm continuing to work on the visual style of the combat system, refining the interface.
1710931975771.png

The plans for the future are to continue working on the combat system and the animations for it, as well as add all sorts of QoL improvements, like a quest log and other indicators.

besimole

Nov 15, 2021
Hey. I decided that I should remind you of my existence a little bit again, so here's a new progress report for you. Don't worry, the project is not finished, everything's in progress, I will not disappear without warning!

Have you ever made stupid mistakes? Me too. And so one of my stupid mistakes was that I decided to migrate the project to a new version of unity. It was a disaster, I practically had to reassemble the project from the ground up and I spent at least a week on all of it.

But fortunately there are also good things to tell. I've finished sketching out all the skills in the combat system... However... I don't like them at all. And most likely I will redo them, but it's definitely worth it to show something, so here's some frame. Oh and by the way, I've greatly redesigned the interface and, overall the way how the database in the combat system is structured. However, I don't like the fight logic at all and it will have to be redone again. Image_one.png

So far, I've put the combat aside and decided to work out a little bit on the second most important (after the combat) system - Caroline's passives. I wrote the logic for earning them, the conditions, and sketched the interface. There will be a lot hinged on the passive skills.
Image_two.png

Further plans. They're not very complicated. I really want to post a playable build already. Even if there are no animations, finished graphics, with some temporary sounds and the duration of the demo version will be 15 minutes at best, but I would like to let people touch the game. All I have to do is finish working with the passive skills, refine the combat system a bit, add some sound, make another mechanic (I won't tell you what yet) and then just set up everything: dialogues, skills, passives.

I hope to finish the concept demo before September this year.
Don't forget to look at the banner! I spent a lot of effort to draw it с:
Done.png