Unity Caroline's Harvest Moon [Dev Thread]

besimole

Nov 15, 2021
the_title_and_my_main_character_of_the_game_by_besimole_dh8s1il.png Caroline's Harvest Moon
LAST UPDATE: 16/01/2024

Welcome everyone to my blog dedicated to the development of my game.

Currently I am actively developing the core mechanics of the game such as the battle mechanics and the skill system.

In this topic I will publish my progress and plans.
And now, about the game itself:

GAMEPLAY:
The game is about an elf girl named Caroline Harvestmoon, who inherited an old tavern on the outskirts of the city from her parents. The player's task will be to restore the tavern, interact with the staff and manage it on a daily basis. Depending on the player's desire and actions, the tavern can become either a decent institution or an outright brothel.

Caroline will also be able to do staff work in her tavern (mini-games): working as a waitress, as a maid, etc.
The player's actions will affect the visitors and potentially attract some very very naughty people.
harass.gif

Caroline will also be able to visit other locations in and around the city where all kinds of side quests will be available, which may also affect her reputaton.

Last thing is her relationship with the staff. The employees will not just be faceless NPCs, but actual characters with whom it will be possible to interact, have conversations and develop the realtionship who knows in what direction...

Features:
1. This game is a sandbox. Once you complete the prologue you can go anywhere and look for adventures on your ass.
map.gif

2. The enemies won't just be men, there will be also futanari and female domination in the game.
photo_2023-12-20_21-33-05.jpg

3. The player's actions will affect the attitude of residents
Dialogue.gif

Visual style:
The game will be made in isometric 2.5D. Hand drawn 2D sprites in a 3D world.

You can check out some of my other works and visual style here:

Some final thoughts::
I have some very big plans, and in the process I will inevitably give up on many of my ideas due to the realistic limits on my time and current abilities. I'm an amateur developer and I work on this game on my own as a hobby. I've dreamt of creating my own game for many years and now I am finally starting.

What do I expect from this topic? Probably a little community support and attention. Thank you, everybody! I love you guys ;)

Last edited:

besimole

Nov 15, 2021
Over the past week, I have worked hard on the design document.
I described the basic mechanics in more detail, made some descriptions of the characters.

For some reason, I really want to start doing a project from working in a restaurant :p
This is largely due to the fact that I want to remember a little bit about the basic principles of developing a game on unity. I've already started doing the basic mechanics of working in a restaurant.

As soon as I finish doing the basics of mechanics, I'll move on to the design of the main character.

Next week I may be able to show how the restaurant and visitors work.

besimole

Nov 15, 2021
The work continues. Now the main tasks are to develop all the basic mechanics of the game.
Character movement, economy, AI, dialogues, etc.
This is probably the earliest build of working in a cafe. There are quite a few bugs and other problems, but I will fix them in the future.
For now, further plans are to deal with the dialog system.

KvarDL

Aug 2, 2017
well, looks like it may be something interesting. For now i can give you a little advise: don't focus too much on mini-games. Or let player skip them. Or just make them not necessary. Sometimes creators paying too much attention to them.

Reactions: besimole

besimole

Nov 15, 2021
A month has passed since the last report, which means it's time to make a new report. (of course, almost no one reads them, but they are part of history and important to me)

Over the past month, a lot of work has been done on writing code. I finished the preliminary version of the mechanics of working in a cafe and put it aside for now. And now I'm doing dialogues as planned.
important! Don't pay attention to the graphics! It's just a placeholder!
Knock12.gif

You: And when will the normal graphics be normal and the gameplay is generally visible and so on?
Besimole: Ohohohoho! Good question, my friend!

To be honest, it turned out to be much more difficult to make the game than I thought, and probably I will only write the basic mechanics for six months. But you're right, it's time to think a little bit about the heroine's design and so on. That's why I'm going to start mixing the development a bit. I will sometimes do code, and sometimes graphics.

Impious Monk

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2021
A month has passed since the last report, which means it's time to make a new report. (of course, almost no one reads them, but they are part of history and important to me)
More people read the reports than comment on the thread. I'm interested in watching the development process for these games, even if I don't have anything to say about them.

besimole

Nov 15, 2021
Another month of work is behind us
To begin with, I would like to say thank you for your support and attention, I'm really very pleased to know that someone is following my development.

Over the past month, I have spent a lot of time creating the design of the main character. In fact, I had some idea of what the heroine would look like for a long time, so I was just trying to realize what I had planned.

Let's start with the girl's face, most of the problems were with her hairstyle. The whole process can be observed below.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Then I tried to portray her outfit, of course, nothing came out the first time.

And I had other options of outfits for her, though I didn't save anything except this.

As a result, I chose simpler options so that there would not be many difficulties with animation in the future.

As usual, this is not the final version of the design and something else may change during the development process.

Next month I plan to start making movement animations.
I have never done animation before and therefore I don't know what difficulties I will face, but let's hope that everything will be fine

I am Muk

Jun 15, 2022
Thank you very much for sharing your development journey. These kinds of games are complex to develop, because of the extra gameplay that needs to be added. There are not a lot of lewd games with good gameplay, so if you can make it enjoyable, this is bound to be a success.

The art is great, I am looking forward to see how development goes! Since I am a programmer, I am interested in the technical part of the game too. Which engine will you use to code the game?

Good luck!

• Red Heart

besimole

Nov 15, 2021
Thank you very much for sharing your development journey. These kinds of games are complex to develop, because of the extra gameplay that needs to be added. There are not a lot of lewd games with good gameplay, so if you can make it enjoyable, this is bound to be a success.

The art is great, I am looking forward to see how development goes! Since I am a programmer, I am interested in the technical part of the game too. Which engine will you use to code the game?

Good luck!
Thanks for the support.
I use unity3d this is indicated in the Thread name

• Red Heart
Reactions: I am Muk

besimole

Nov 15, 2021
I spent this month creating an animation of the heroine's movement. The results so far do not make me very happy.
I thought about doing animation with Spine for a long time, but then I decided that I would do frame-by-frame animation because it looks much more lively.
Below is what happened in the end.

Progress.gif
I'm thinking of finishing these animations in color and see what comes out in the end. After that, I'll probably spend a little time improving my drawing skills and redraw all the movement animations.
One animation took a lot of time, sometimes I drew all day to do at least half.

besimole

Nov 15, 2021
Hello to all readers!
As I planned, I added a color for the character. The result doesn't suit me at all, but it doesn't matter!
After all, in the process of creating this animation, I gained a lot of useful experience and knowledge. Most likely I will rework these animations in the future, but now I want to do other areas of the project. In the next month, I will be developing a dialog system, animations for it, and so on.

RayGress.gif

besimole

Nov 15, 2021
Greetings to everyone again!

Everything is going according to plan, having finished with the animation of the movement of the heroine, I started developing a dialogue system. There won't be any innovations in it, but I'm trying to make the dialogues look atmospheric and beautiful. On the animation presented in this post, you can generally understand how I'm going to design them. As usual, the sprites are not the final version and will be improved.

I could use standard dialog systems in the style of visual novels with fixed sprites, but it seems to me that with animated sprites and changing angles it will be much more interesting, albeit very laborious.

I'm going to draw animation templates for the heroine and use them, as well as for the npc. Of course, it will take a lot of time to draw it all.

It takes me a week or two to draw each animation. I also have a big trip planned for a few weeks and I won't be able to work on the game these days. Therefore, I will not publish progress reports for the next couple of months.

DialogueEarlyVer2.gif

besimole

Nov 15, 2021
Hello to all readers. I was a little late with the report, but that's because I wanted to finish one animation before making a new report!
These three months were spent on the creation and refinement of the dialog system, as usual in the attachment results of work. You can clearly see how the animation in the game will look like, what the heroine will be like. I am very pleased with the result, and during these three months I have managed to significantly improve my drawing skills.
Of course, such animation of dialogues may seem superfluous to many, but I think it was a great practice before drawing erotic scenes.
And now about the plans for the future.
First of all, I'm going to continue improving the dialogue system, then I plan to make a map of the city, because it's time for the main character to leave this street and go to her institution. Well, then, most likely, I will make a remake of the old animations of the heroine's movement, since my skills have improved, the old animations look very bad.
Thanks to everyone who is following my progress! I do not know how long I will be working on demo for, but I am not going to quit the project no matter how difficult every step was given to me.

NextGenFace23.gif

besimole

Nov 15, 2021
It seems like a month has passed so quickly since the last report that I didn't even notice it.
During this month I have been working on the map in the game and it looks finished, but if necessary I will add some places to the map.
I am also continuing to improve the code of the game's dialog system. Now I'm planning to rework the animations of the heroine's movement.

MapDemo.gif

besimole

Nov 15, 2021
Another month is over, so it's time to write about the work done.

I didn't have much time to devote to his project this month. I'm remaking the heroine's sprites to new and more beautiful ones.
Srav_0001.png
Srav_0002.jpg
The result is much better than it was before. Experience and improvement of drawing skills are noticeable.

It will take me about another month to redo all the old animations, after which I plan to do the mechanics of the tavern management and link everything done together.

besimole

Nov 15, 2021
Movement animations have been redesigned!

A visual comparison of the details below:
OLD:
KeraGoFAst.gif
==================
NEW:
KeraGoFAstNEW.gif

===========

It was long, difficult and very boring to do, but I am very pleased with the result.
I also added one small cutscene, but I don't see any point in showing it.

Now I'm finally leaving the launch pad and starting to make new features. To be precise: the management menu of the tavern, the choice of dishes and possibly upgrades of the establishment.

Once again I say, I don't spend a lot of time on the project and apparently I will reach the first hentai scenes at best next year. Sad.

Thank you for your attention, see you next month.

Meloned

Mar 22, 2023
Nicee, please someone remind me when the game is released looks good hope i can play it on android with joiplay or onscripter plus, animation looks promising rooting for this.

besimole

Nov 15, 2021
Nicee, please someone remind me when the game is released looks good hope i can play it on android with joiplay or onscripter plus, animation looks promising rooting for this.
The game will be available on Android without third-party apps.

• Love
Reactions: Meloned