Unity Caroline's Harvest Moon [Dev Thread]

besimole

Nov 15, 2021
The last month has been quite productive. I managed to create a template for the tavern setup interface.
In addition, I added the ability to purchase provisions and customize the tavern menu.
In addition to this, over the past few months I have made several new dialogue animations for the main character.

I need to fix a large number of bugs that appeared in the process, then I plan to teach NPCs to talk to each other and start working on sprites when working in a tavern.

Reactions: Onysko

besimole

Nov 15, 2021
It is hardly possible to call the month passed productive. During this month, I managed to write scripts so that I could put dialogues between NPCs in the world.
I tried to make a mini-game, but eventually abandoned it because it seemed to me not fun and not necessary for the project. At the same time, I spent a lot of effort to implement it and the time was wasted. /sigh
Now there are plans to add new animations for the heroine's dialogues and then switch to dialogue animations for the NPC.
To be honest, I think that I made such demanding dialogues for animations in vain. I spend many months to draw animations of dialogues, but the game will not be about dialogues at all. But I don't want to abandon this system anymore because a lot of effort has been spent.
I will try to finish as soon as possible with the dialogues so that I can switch to hentai mechanics already.

besimole

Nov 15, 2021
The month turned out to be purely artistic. I made some more animations for the heroine's dialogues, fixed a lot of bugs in the game... In general, that's all.

Next, the plan is to start dealing with sexual harassment mechanics for NPCs and improve mini-game for working in a tavern (cafe).

Diahahahahaloguee.gif

UnifoxStudio

Unifox Game Studio
Game Developer
Apr 8, 2020
Hello,
Your game look nice !
Your animation are pretty nice ! It always seems easy and all, but I know it isn't.
Otherwise your game look fun, from what you showed. Always nice to play some waitress :sneaky:
Nice job (y) Keep up the good work

• Red Heart
Reactions: besimole

besimole

Nov 15, 2021
A lot of changes in life. Change of work.

I can't devote enough time to the project yet. Therefore, there is not much to tell this month, I will try to catch up next month.

lordhentai23

Mar 2, 2020
get a programmer. will make your work more easy and actually completed without burnout or leaving it unfinished. i myself is a unreal programmer if you need help.

besimole

Nov 15, 2021
Hello everyone, I'm rushing to you with a new report.
Despite all the difficulties, I still managed to finish the early version of dynamic harassment. Now NPCs can touch Caroline on the street, as well as comment on her appearance. The system still needs improvements and extensions.
Next month I plan to work a little on other characters, add some details to the sprites. If I have time, I plan to do the same in the future so that NPCs can molest Caroline when working in a cafe, as well as options for choosing a reaction for the player.

Shsysprever1.gif

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: UnifoxStudio

besimole

Nov 15, 2021
Major Development Progress Update!

Hello everyone!
This is quite an important report.
First of all, I have to confess that the actual progress I had planned to show in the future is much greater than you might have expected, and now I want to update the data by showing these developments now, rather than stretching it over months.

The most important aspect is the graphical improvements. I've created temporary sprites for NPCs; they only have 4 frames, but as temporary assets, they will do for now. Most likely, I will keep them this way for the demo and release an early publicly available version of the game with them.
npcs.png

Secondly, I have significantly expanded and improved the game mechanics of working in the tavern. Now NPCs can sit at tables, get angry in certain situations, and comment on the player's actions. Additionally, NPCs have learned to harass with the heroine.
harass.gif

Thirdly, I've designed some interface elements, sprites for the first tavern employee, and made various Quality of Life (QoL) changes that have made the game much better.
menus.png

There's still much more that I haven't mentioned, which you'll see when I release the general demo. Dialogue.gif

And lastly, and most importantly... I've encountered serious health issues, and I'll be forced to take a break from project development for at least a month. Because of this, there may not be a new progress report.

What are the future plans? I've finally gotten to developing one of the two most important mechanics: the "Combat System." This is essentially the core system around which the entire game will be structured. I already have a rough idea of what it will look like, but implementing it will be challenging and will require a lot of time. Below is an early concept of a scene that will be included in the demo. I suspect that its development will take around 4-5 months, with the main effort focused on animations. To speed up the development process, I will likely reduce the level of detail and frame quality.
RConcptPetting.png

Also, I'll be updating the introductory post.

Last edited:
Reactions: Erwe Von Esse

UnifoxStudio

Unifox Game Studio
Game Developer
Apr 8, 2020
That look amazing ! I think your game is gonna look amazing !

That being said, take care of yourself, hope everything will be alright for you.

• Red Heart

Klab040855

Mar 25, 2019
Will the protagonist have a personality? If yes will she be innocent and we will be able to corrupt her?

besimole

Nov 15, 2021
That being said, take care of yourself, hope everything will be alright for you.
Thank you very much, I really appreciate your support.

Will the protagonist have a personality? If yes will she be innocent and we will be able to corrupt her?
Yes, the whole idea of the game is to give control to an innocent girl who is subject to various corruptions.

Reactions: Klab040855

besimole

Nov 15, 2021
Good day, as every month I have news on progress.
This month I have been working on the combat system, trying to make it universal so that it can be used in a variety of game situations. Caroline's skills will change depending on the situation.
I've sketched out some skills for the tests. I'm going to redraw sprites and animations in the future, but that's enough for now. A lot of work is still required, you need to set up dialogues in battle, the skills themselves, and of course animations.
Now I plan to make 16 skills for men and similarly for futanari. Caroline will have 9 skills. Each skill will need to be animated and configured, it will take, as it seems to me, several months, given my low animation creation speed. I will show progress when it seems to me that there is something to show, and not every month as it was before.
Thank you for your support, I always really appreciate it.

v31progress.png

besimole

Nov 15, 2021
Good afternoon to all readers.
I have something to show you, and this is the first frame from the futanari combat system! I am currently working on key frames in the animation of the opponents' and Caroline's skills, as I said in the last post.
Progress is very slow due to problems in real life, but I can handle it.
In addition to animation and visual, I also added a save system to my game, although initially I wasn't sure if I would do it at all.

Now I am actively working on dialogues during the fight, because I want Caroline and the opponents to exchange phrases while using their skills. I think text stimulation is just as important as animation.
In general, that's all.

There will be no new posts this year, so I wish you all a happy new year and all the best!
Many thanks to everyone who supports me with kind words and wants to play my project, I really appreciate you!

Special thanks to the users: UnifoxStudio and Onysko

See you next year.

photo_2023-12-20_21-33-05.jpg

Last edited:

Onysko

Jun 5, 2017
Thank you for sharing your progress here with us, it really is remarkable even if it's not as fast as you'd wish! I am seriously impressed by the mechanics you are implementing and the detailed animations, and I'm looking forward to seeing more in the coming year! :giggle:

• Red Heart