• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

aisareteinai

Nov 3, 2022
the new update was just drop does anyone know that it's the steam version as well? if so can anyone share it with us please?
They missed the three month promise and the April deadline, promised a simultaneously launch, and then edited the original post to remove it. We'll be lucky if Steam even gets an update this month.

Reactions: Megumin-

PDCurator

Sep 1, 2023
They missed the three month promise and the April deadline, promised a simultaneously launch, and then edited the original post to remove it. We'll be lucky if Steam even gets an update this month.
This patreon/steam split is so horrendous, either just choose one or the other, or should've made steam free.

I get that it's supposed to be "test" versions on patreon, but they literally only release updates 4 times a year and all patreons get is the update earlier, why not release every month test builds.

It's £8.50 for a month, and I'm pretty sure the game doesn't run if you're not subbed... so you effectively would be paying £25.50 per update for a grand total of £102 a year (excluding tax) if you wanted to play the game at any time.

For the record if everyone was on this tier they would be earning £458,082 per year. Don't know how big their team is or what the split would be, but that's quite a lot of revenue.

It boils my blood because I actually think this game has good potential, but all they seem to be good for is milking money endlessly.

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
This patreon/steam split is so horrendous, either just choose one or the other, or should've made steam free.

I get that it's supposed to be "test" versions on patreon, but they literally only release updates 4 times a year and all patreons get is the update earlier, why not release every month test builds.

It's £8.50 for a month, and I'm pretty sure the game doesn't run if you're not subbed... so you effectively would be paying £25.50 per update for a grand total of £102 a year (excluding tax) if you wanted to play the game at any time.

For the record if everyone was on this tier they would be earning £458,082 per year. Don't know how big their team is or what the split would be, but that's quite a lot of revenue.

It boils my blood because I actually think this game has good potential, but all they seem to be good for is milking money endlessly.
Let's not get into theoretical income debates that make assumptions like Patreon taking no money from them, all subscribers being on a set tier, and the developers not spending money on the tools they need from companies that are more than willing to charge and arm and a leg due to having no practical competition. Please? There's no purpose to the discussion at this point, it's been done to death, and all that will happen is that people will attack each other with meaningless assumptions that can't actually be substantiated until the argument gets dropped or removed.

This dev team is pretty notorious for pushing the updates right up to (and even a little beyond) their promised deadlines. But, to the best of my knowledge, they've never actually skipped an update. They're willing to refund subscribers who ask for it, too.

And trust me - if they were adding patreon specific incentives like they've done in the past and have been probing their discord for impressions on doing it again in the future, that would be a big negative that gets a lot of people ranting about paid incentives. There are entire pages earlier in the thread with people arguing over the fact that the Patreon versions of the game had a few cosmetic cocks that were unavailable for Steam players.

Instead, I'm going to download the update later tonight and try the fishing.

Last edited:

PDCurator

Sep 1, 2023
Let's not get into theoretical income debates that make assumptions like Patreon taking no money from them, all subscribers being on a set tier, and the developers not spending money on the tools they need from companies that are more than willing to charge and arm and a leg due to having no practical competition. Please? There's no purpose to the discussion at this point, it's been done to death, and all that will happen is that people will attack each other with meaningless assumptions that can't actually be substantiated until the argument gets dropped or removed.

This dev team is pretty notorious for pushing the updates right up to (and even a little beyond) their promised deadlines. But, to the best of my knowledge, they've never actually skipped an update. They're willing to refund subscribers who ask for it, too.

And trust me - if they were adding patreon specific incentives like they've done in the past and have been probing their discord for impressions on doing it again in the future, that would be a big negative that gets a lot of people ranting about paid incentives.

Instead, I'm going to download the update later tonight and try the fishing.
Yeah, not gonna lie it was uncalled for.

I'm maybe just a little angry that they initially mentioned to be releasing to all users then suddenly backed out of it last minute. Could've been a mistake, maybe they had second thoughts, either way it's especially annoying if we now have to wait another month after getting excited (we will see I guess).

Personally I think the divide is just a weird choice, we have also paid for the game... sure not every month but not all of us can afford an £8.50 subscription.

I'd much prefer they did releases across all platforms at the same time with incentives on patreon (but I guess that's just me)

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
Yeah, not gonna lie it was uncalled for.

I'm maybe just a little angry that they initially mentioned to be releasing to all users then suddenly backed out of it last minute. Could've been a mistake, maybe they had second thoughts, either way it's especially annoying if we now have to wait another month after getting excited (we will see I guess).

Personally I think the divide is just a weird choice, we have also paid for the game... sure not every month but not all of us can afford an £8.50 subscription.

I'd much prefer they did releases across all platforms at the same time with incentives on patreon (but I guess that's just me)
Ostensibly the divide is meant to allow them to resolve these before Steam users get a chance to have the game:
Untitled.png

In practice? Releasing updates at the same time kind of ruins the whole point of treating Patreon builds as playtesting/demo builds for QA purposes. That said the devs have been very clear that if all you want is the game, just buy it on Steam. Patreon is very much for people to sink as much money as they're willing to spend into the development of the game. What the developers do with that income or how much of it is applied to the game or spent wisely is a bottomless pit of assumptions best avoided.

Croset

Sep 4, 2018
Hello everyone, help me, I completed all the tasks and got stuck, I don't understand what to do next, can you tell me?

Noctus

Feb 25, 2018
The only real patreon exclusive that i am aware of is a single cock transformation called Ultimatus. Its a horse cock with spines like a cat, and a knot at the base like a canine.

It is the only thing i know of that is locked to just tge patreon builds.

And even then its only in the UE4 build.

Been on the steam build since it came out, but i keep track of the udates.

So really, a single cosmetic in an entire game being restricted to patreon? I say let them. Its not a key feature, and thus not game breaking. So i do not care.

The game is fairly solid, and gets better with each update. Do i wish they were more frequent? Of course. But i also understand the time and effort that goes into making a game such as this. Especially for a small studio.

If they were a massive company like, say, santa monica studios? Then maybe the game would be done by now.

But that takes hundreds of people putting in thousands of man hours, and a budget that is insane to even think about for a small independant studio like theirs.

So while i acknowledge everyones arguments, the fact of the matter is we are getting a pretty good deal with Carnal Instinct. And while i do wish i could bypass patreon to get accesd to the latest build? I have learned patience.

Learned it the hard way.

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020

Hi All,

So after one of us had to part ways with their appendix, and another of us had a PC explode, we finally released the first update for 2024 a few days ago. If you want the more extensive set of pretty pictures of the content then please check out the last devblog, but the full changelog will follow once the stability patch drops next week.

The next major content update should be in approximately 2 months but we'll put a specific date up closer to the time. This next content update will be version 2 of the Dynamic Sex System (including camera control, position swapping, scene progression, Lovense integration, and more). After that we can get the romance scenes in for Damaris and others, as well as the more brief trysts around the world.

What am I making this post for? Well we want as much Patron feedback as we can get, so please keep your eyes peeled for the polls deciding some of the first DSS 2.0 content in the coming days. There will be one here and one on our Discord server, both for patrons only. There's already one live (sexy bath vs sexy massage vs sexy ritual) with a few hours remaining on the Discord, so make sure to link your account with Patreon so you can vote there if you're interested!

Devblogs to follow in the coming weeks, with the addition of exclusive "behind the scenes" content dropped in the Patron-exclusive area of the Discord server.
Team Carnal Instinct

P.s. There are still some pretty pictures because I can't help myself.

kaipurge

Oct 5, 2019
its honestly getting harder and harder to believe patreon based games when the devs claim health problems. I notice every patreon game that milks money and takes forever to create content claims its because major health health problems. Either every game creator that uses patreon is extremely unlucky with physical health or it is just the go to excuse to milk as much as possible while procrastinating ever deadline. I mean look at any of the games that use patreon and you will see whenever deadlines are completely missed they all say its because of some extreme illness...that out of nowhere magically vanishes once people complain about lack of updates.

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
its honestly getting harder and harder to believe patreon based games when the devs claim health problems. I notice every patreon game that milks money and takes forever to create content claims its because major health health problems. Either every game creator that uses patreon is extremely unlucky with physical health or it is just the go to excuse to milk as much as possible while procrastinating ever deadline. I mean look at any of the games that use patreon and you will see whenever deadlines are completely missed they all say its because of some extreme illness...that out of nowhere magically vanishes once people complain about lack of updates.
What's the difference between missing a deadline by a few hours (like happened here) and just not delivering updates at all? I'm curious, because you're treating them the same way.

JustAl

Jan 28, 2022
What's the difference between missing a deadline by a few hours (like happened here) and just not delivering updates at all? I'm curious, because you're treating them the same way.
I know it's easy to be skeptical when you're a rational and sane person who understands how easy it is to lie about circumstances or elevate them to higher extremes when reporting on them to buy time, but I also know that during one of my projects my hard drive was dying and I had to persistently force files out of my dying drive with TeraCopy to a more stable drive until I was happy with the amount of files I salvaged. I only learned about persistent robocopy operations afterwards.

The dev curse is unfortunately kinda real. Give them about a month more, tops. I swear tech is mostly decorative until you actually stress it with heavy work, then you get to witness those hardware and software failures suspiciously more often.

Reactions: MrStal0ne

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
I know it's easy to be skeptical when you're a rational and sane person who understands how easy it is to lie about circumstances or elevate them to higher extremes when reporting on them to buy time, but I also know that during one of my projects my hard drive was dying and I had to persistently force files out of my dying drive with TeraCopy to a more stable drive until I was happy with the amount of files I salvaged. I only learned about persistent robocopy operations afterwards.

The dev curse is unfortunately kinda real. Give them about a month more, tops. I swear tech is mostly decorative until you actually stress it with heavy work, then you get to witness those hardware and software failures suspiciously more often.
Nah, I'm fully aware that these devs are consistently late on deadlines. (Typically running right up against or a few hours past) That said, to the best of my knowledge they haven't actually skipped an update before. Steam not receiving this update is an outlier, and one that seems justified by the very active bug channel in the discord.

JustAl

Jan 28, 2022
Nah, I'm fully aware that these devs are consistently late on deadlines. (Typically running right up against or a few hours past) That said, to the best of my knowledge they haven't actually skipped an update before. Steam not receiving this update is an outlier, and one that seems justified by the very active bug channel in the discord.
Cool. In hindsight I shouldn't have replied to you but to kaipurge's post in the quote. My bad.

4.00 star(s) 79 Votes