PDCurator

Sep 1, 2023
no cap, same shit with Subverse, Wild Life and many other unfinished projects
Subverse is probably not a good example for proving that sarcastic comment right. Some context, I used to animate SFM stuff back in the day and have been in these circles with the same people for probably 9 years or so.

Darkcrow aka the director of Subverse and StudioFOW is awful, from what I've heard from other animators he underpays his employees (mostly animators) and treats them like garbage, then he claims most of the profits. Only ones that are treated well were the VAs because they act as personal marketing machines to line his pockets further.

Most animators that have worked for him have quit the team pretty quickly due to his behaviour. This all leads to delays in updates until he can find a new promising new animator to take their place and then it's rinse and repeat.

On the flip side, Steve aka AdeptusSteve from the Wild Life team is a super nice dude from what I can remember of the chats we used to have back in the day. The Wild Life team also do videos on YouTube as well, which explain the mistakes they've made in-depth; which lead to the delays and set backs for Wild Life. Transparency and decency goes a long way.

Last edited:

Nightm763

Nov 30, 2020
What's the "carnal instinct" option when you talk to the Priestess Attendant when you doing the Diamond in the Rough quest?

Nightm763

Nov 30, 2020
sad I think the UE4 version of this game will be abandoned, don't know I'm not sure it's just a feeling base on what I read in all wiki's, patreon, etc....
cuz all the updates so far are for the UE5 version, their not even talking about the UE4 version even the people in the comment section

Xanador

May 2, 2024
Does this appear with windows extactor or winrar/7zip?
Windows wxtractor, thanks for reminding me that i have other options, forgot all about winrar and 7zip since i upgraded PC

extracted with 7zip with no errors

Last edited:
Reactions: AnRet

FappyJake

Jan 23, 2022
sad I think the UE4 version of this game will be abandoned, don't know I'm not sure it's just a feeling base on what I read in all wiki's, patreon, etc....
cuz all the updates so far are for the UE5 version, their not even talking about the UE4 version even the people in the comment section
The UE4 version has been abandoned.... Hence the UE5 version

benisfug

Aug 18, 2018
When the game devs want to release a good product so they work longer on it (they're malicious money grubbing scum!!!)
The Steam version has had at least one broken quest for like a year. Bug fixes really shouldn't be staggered the same way content updates are.

Reactions: aisareteinai

Colaymorak

Sep 29, 2021
I mean, given that they're reworking the game to be in UE5, I'm left wondering why you thought that they would be continuing development on the UE4 version at all?

Like, that's a very strange conclusion to have reached

Reactions: MrStal0ne

aisareteinai

Nov 3, 2022
I mean, given that they're reworking the game to be in UE5, I'm left wondering why you thought that they would be continuing development on the UE4 version at all?

Like, that's a very strange conclusion to have reached
A lot of people have come to this conclusion for some reason. I'll blame it on a little on the devs for being terrible at informing users, but a lot of the blame goes to the users for lacking reading comprehension/not wanting to do anything.

I've seen various people on the Steam Forums claim that UE5 updates posted there are Patreon exclusive (they literally scrolled past the Opt-In instructions for UE5) or that UE5 is "censored" (they didn't follow the main quest to unlock body customization).

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020

Hey All!,

This update comes with a plethora of bug fixes and improvements on v0.5.153 and our longform changelog for the update.
Thank you as always to everyone who reported bugs, it's always super helpful and we really appreciate it.

Team Carnal Instinct

PSA: For those who don't follow us on Discord and you're having issues with the UE5 launcher, please upgrade to the latest version, Patreon pushed an update which breaks it.

CHANGELOG

Added

• Added new zone - The Gilded Fold
  • Added new zone - Ikenni Villa
  • Added new zone - Zakros Estate
  • Added new zone - Kusma (Cursed Village)
  • Added new genitals - "Wer" (Large Canine)
  • Added new clothing - "Herder's Mask" (Gilded Fold Headwear)
  • Added new clothing - "Centaur Helmet"
  • Added new clothing set - "Bloodseeker"
  • Added new clothing set - "Inquisitor"
  • Added new underwear option - "Serpent's Coil"
  • Added new weapon - "Daggers"
  • Added new Item - "Korvoth's Scepter" (Teleports you to the Shrine of Ascension)
  • Added new clothing "Dress" (6 types)
  • Added new enemy - "Subaq" (Croc)
  • Added new enemy- "Inquisition Soldier"
  • Added new Key Quest NPC - "Amara"
  • Added new faction - "Gilded Fold" (Slavers)
  • Added new Main Quest - "Call to Adventure"
  • Added new sidequest - "Avarice of Birds"
  • Added new sidequest - "No Rest for the Wicked"
  • Added new sidequest - "Depths of Kab'Alrah"
  • Added new point-of-interest - "Hermitess"
  • Added new point-of-interest - "Aging Warrior"
  • Added new system - 'Fishing' - (two fish currently; Glimmerfin Snapper and Sandscale Minnow)
  • Added new system - 'World Event' (complete one-time events)
  • Added new system - 'Slavery' Capture, Store and Sell slaves for now - coming up, Breaking and Sex
  • Added new system - 'World Events' - small Area events for clearing out villages, saving merchants etc. Currently testing with Kehm Farmstead
  • Added new system - 'Sorcery' ( 4 Initial Spells)
  • Added new system - Reputation
  • Added essence drops to all enemy types to increase the essence sources around the world
  • Added shade sight to highlight quests, interactables and enemies in the world
  • Added harvestable gathering system for future crafting update
  • Added mountains to help give a sense of scale to the world
  • Added new Nenu the bard's songs - Look to the Shadow & Centaurs Bridge

Changed
  • Changed playable area - expanded to include ~50% of "Bulls Shield"
  • Changed Mehden Island - enlarged settlements, added new hamlets, camps, etc for future content
  • Changed Pleasure Island - detail pass with new Anubite props (statues, obelisks, etc)
  • Changed foliage - new plants added to detail all map areas
  • Changed ambient fog settings to make the world more vibrant
  • Changed interactable interactions and dialog to freeze the player when appropriate to prevent issues with dialog & movement (i.e. sprinting off while still talking to someone)
  • Changed - Remade Inventory, Quest, Campfire & Character Screen UI
  • Changed improved optimization of NPCs and Interactables
  • Changed settings to Add invert Y Axis Camera support
  • Changed random loot system
  • Changed Itempickups to prevent duping issues
  • Changed max morph size on Boobs & Ass to prevent issues with clothing and sex scenes
  • Changed stat screen UI to add reputation and other stats (more to come)

Fixed
  • Fixed mesh clipping issues with clothing
  • Fixed pregnancy save/load bugs
  • Fixed crit chance not being calculated or displayed properly
  • Fixed interactable issues with input buffers
  • Fixed issues with Utnas
  • Fixed issues with Resolution Scale
  • Fixed a bug with mouse sensitivity
  • Fixed issues with interactions being traced while in conversations
  • Fixed issues with the Campfire causing softlocks and not working properly with the Escape Key
  • Fixed issues with Asim
  • Fixed fishing calcs - added bad luck protection to prevent players getting ruined by random chance
  • Fixed issues with the tail on the player not animating
  • Fixed issues with Masturbation sometimes causing the player to have a teeny tiny head
  • Fixed issues with Sotema teleporting players to the wrong location
  • Fixed issues with morphs on some meshes
  • Fixed issues with mounting/dismounting
  • Fixed a bug where enemies that gave no xp still gave essence
  • Fixed issues with the Tenets and Ahmek
  • Fixed issues with saving mid-dialog
  • Fixed cistern doors (no longer trapped forever)
  • Fixed issues with Amara
  • Fixed issues with the Elevator call button not always working
  • Fixed issues with broken NPCs around the world in shipped game due to ID issue
  • Fixed avarice of birds objective markers
  • Fixed an issue where players had 101 mana instead of 100
  • Fixed issues with the audio options menu not saving/updating
  • Fixed defaults for gameplay settings
  • Fixed many many issues with Slavery/Cages/Jars
  • Fixed issues with dialog references breaking after load
  • Fixed a bug where you could eat nigh tlotus inside a cave, de-spawning the cave
  • Fixed many floating NPCs
  • Fixed a number of bugs with No Rest for the Wicked
  • Fixed a missing marker on Reseph during Welcome to the Fold
Per usual, please do not request an update to the current Patreon version. Sharing a functional copy of the Patreon version requires providing compromising information about a Patreon account and will result in that account being banned and unable to access future updates. Once an update has been provided for Steam, the thread can be updated with that.

JustAl

Jan 28, 2022
For the update, I'm excited about casting magic, but also the crit chance fixes and pregnancy fix. I do see fun in having stupidly high crit chance, but I wonder how a pure mage would play out?

Did they fix the trader economy by having their item stock reset every so often? Archer builds were doomed due to a lack of arrow restoration.

4.00 star(s) 79 Votes