TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020

Hi All,

So after one of us had to part ways with their appendix, and another of us had a PC explode, we finally released the first update for 2024 a few days ago. If you want the more extensive set of pretty pictures of the content then please check out the last devblog, but the full changelog will follow once the stability patch drops next week.

The next major content update should be in approximately 2 months but we'll put a specific date up closer to the time. This next content update will be version 2 of the Dynamic Sex System (including camera control, position swapping, scene progression, Lovense integration, and more). After that we can get the romance scenes in for Damaris and others, as well as the more brief trysts around the world.

What am I making this post for? Well we want as much Patron feedback as we can get, so please keep your eyes peeled for the polls deciding some of the first DSS 2.0 content in the coming days. There will be one here and one on our Discord server, both for patrons only. There's already one live (sexy bath vs sexy massage vs sexy ritual) with a few hours remaining on the Discord, so make sure to link your account with Patreon so you can vote there if you're interested!

Devblogs to follow in the coming weeks, with the addition of exclusive "behind the scenes" content dropped in the Patron-exclusive area of the Discord server.
Team Carnal Instinct

P.s. There are still some pretty pictures because I can't help myself.

kaipurge

Oct 5, 2019
its honestly getting harder and harder to believe patreon based games when the devs claim health problems. I notice every patreon game that milks money and takes forever to create content claims its because major health health problems. Either every game creator that uses patreon is extremely unlucky with physical health or it is just the go to excuse to milk as much as possible while procrastinating ever deadline. I mean look at any of the games that use patreon and you will see whenever deadlines are completely missed they all say its because of some extreme illness...that out of nowhere magically vanishes once people complain about lack of updates.

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
its honestly getting harder and harder to believe patreon based games when the devs claim health problems. I notice every patreon game that milks money and takes forever to create content claims its because major health health problems. Either every game creator that uses patreon is extremely unlucky with physical health or it is just the go to excuse to milk as much as possible while procrastinating ever deadline. I mean look at any of the games that use patreon and you will see whenever deadlines are completely missed they all say its because of some extreme illness...that out of nowhere magically vanishes once people complain about lack of updates.
What's the difference between missing a deadline by a few hours (like happened here) and just not delivering updates at all? I'm curious, because you're treating them the same way.

JustAl

Jan 28, 2022
What's the difference between missing a deadline by a few hours (like happened here) and just not delivering updates at all? I'm curious, because you're treating them the same way.
I know it's easy to be skeptical when you're a rational and sane person who understands how easy it is to lie about circumstances or elevate them to higher extremes when reporting on them to buy time, but I also know that during one of my projects my hard drive was dying and I had to persistently force files out of my dying drive with TeraCopy to a more stable drive until I was happy with the amount of files I salvaged. I only learned about persistent robocopy operations afterwards.

The dev curse is unfortunately kinda real. Give them about a month more, tops. I swear tech is mostly decorative until you actually stress it with heavy work, then you get to witness those hardware and software failures suspiciously more often.

Reactions: MrStal0ne

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
I know it's easy to be skeptical when you're a rational and sane person who understands how easy it is to lie about circumstances or elevate them to higher extremes when reporting on them to buy time, but I also know that during one of my projects my hard drive was dying and I had to persistently force files out of my dying drive with TeraCopy to a more stable drive until I was happy with the amount of files I salvaged. I only learned about persistent robocopy operations afterwards.

The dev curse is unfortunately kinda real. Give them about a month more, tops. I swear tech is mostly decorative until you actually stress it with heavy work, then you get to witness those hardware and software failures suspiciously more often.
Nah, I'm fully aware that these devs are consistently late on deadlines. (Typically running right up against or a few hours past) That said, to the best of my knowledge they haven't actually skipped an update before. Steam not receiving this update is an outlier, and one that seems justified by the very active bug channel in the discord.

JustAl

Jan 28, 2022
Nah, I'm fully aware that these devs are consistently late on deadlines. (Typically running right up against or a few hours past) That said, to the best of my knowledge they haven't actually skipped an update before. Steam not receiving this update is an outlier, and one that seems justified by the very active bug channel in the discord.
Cool. In hindsight I shouldn't have replied to you but to kaipurge's post in the quote. My bad.

CyberCy616

Feb 14, 2021
poor steam player's, they spent money to get a game with none update for 5 month's, if dev only service patreon player's why put it on steam?
If I had to guess it's to get more people to know about it by word of mouth? That sounded better in my head than typed out but you get what I mean.

oOSoulessOo

Apr 15, 2020
They try to avoid letting Steam players run into this many bugs:
View attachment 3612115
hmmmm, so what you means is those patreon supporters deserved bugs? bugs isn't a problems, stop making excuse with that, every game in EA have bugs and if more players play it can get to know more bug and fix it isn't it good? every dev have to face this problems also EA players will tolerate it coz they know this game is still in EA, so this isn't a good excuse ok, and why are u so hard-working at cover up the dev ass, are u 1 of them?

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
Even the last Steam build is full of bugs, such as the one that causes the game to lag when the save file goes above 10 mb, and grind to a near halt once it reaches 20 mb. I fell from a constant 30 FPS on Steam Deck to single digit framerates.
It's a heck of a lot less than what the last few Patreon builds have had. I tried zooming out to get a screenshot showing all of the reports for the new update and realized that just made the whole thing illegible. The latest update has crashes, save corruption, freezes, softlocks, broken quests, broken npcs, broken dialogue, broken maps, broken items, broken textures, etc. It was clearly not ready for release and I assume the only reason we have a copy of this build at all is that the devs had given themselves a specific release date.

Frankly, this is absolutely a case where it's better to wait rather than trying to play the "bleeding-edge playtest builds" (Direct quote from the Patron tier description) that Patreon subscribers have access to.

ESPARTA101K

Mar 27, 2018
So from what I know from their discord is that they are rolling out a big update any chance we gonna get it here?
As I understand it, this big update arrives in 2 months (I estimate that it will actually be almost 3) when these types of updates come out, the Steam version is usually updated at the same time.

godhan69

Jul 27, 2019
whats the safest site to download this from? i finally got a new pc that can play the ue5 version.

4.00 star(s) 82 Votes