VN Ren'Py Abandoned Buttons [v0.006]: A crowdsourced VN

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

HiEv

Sep 1, 2017
Recycling is a great and noble effort, so we'll likely see the other models appear as characters.
Lazy? Me?..
Meh... It's not like we don't see lots of films that "reuse" the same actors.

To me, reusing a good 3D model is a lot like recasting a good actor, if they're good and not terribly overused, then why not cast them in more than one production?

Reactions: inkalicious

inkalicious

Game Developer
May 29, 2017
Two polls at the same time? Why not, eh?

I'm currently writing the first intro and supporting code for the VN. Code that I'd rather write well enough to carry the VN through to the end.
This led to a thought. Can the overuse of the buttons cause a character's mind to break?

It makes sense to me that it might. As your essentially 'switching' them on at your will (or when the situation allows).
This could lead to an 'overload' that leads to a mindbreak. Or can it?

As usual, you guys decide.

If you do vote for it, I'd implement it like this:
  • Not all characters can be broken
  • Once a character reaches her breaking point, a new button will (randomly) appear
  • Pressing the button breaks their mind. Irrevocably. No going back. Forever and ever
  • A mindbroken girl will no longer have buttons
  • How they’ll react, girl to girl, will be different, but follow the logic of their character, traits or kinks.
Be aware. This game isn't about mindbreaking, so it’s unlikely to end well for the character, and perhaps not for you either.
For example, if the girl was into dogs, and you treated her as one, then she may either end up a loyal barking puppy or disappear until you eventually hear stories about a deranged girl in an alley servicing strays.

Here's the anonymous poll. Happy voting.
*EDIT: Voting over, poll removed

Reactions: goditseb

inkalicious

Game Developer
May 29, 2017
Poll #5 is now closed and I'm pleased to introduce the MC's mom and aunt.

moms.jpg

Mom and aunt are sisters and you'll find out later whether the MC had anything to do with his aunt's current condition.

Unfortunately there's been a small hiccup with the choice of dog.
The model wasn't able to do everything I thought it could (e.g. open its mouth). So we'll re-run that vote with new mutts.
Welcome to development, nothing's plain sailing.

Next poll will be to choose the MC's sisters and cousin, and thanks to all who voted. You're great.

ilyo

Sep 6, 2018
I Didn't vote for them but still glad to see C mom. I already said that I needed to choose the only redhead available and so A mom. but to be honest about C aunt, my only issue with her it's her haircut which I don't find wide enough at the top, I don't now why but it look better to me in this screenshot so maybe I won't botter me much in the end.

At least it could mean that the ones I voted for won't be incest related if they appear, which would be fine for me.

I voted yes about the mind break poll, because even if the story isn't about mind break I could still have fun at catching a look at the broken girls behavior or if things go badly for the main character.

I don't know which dog you talk about but too bad, can't wait to see the new dog and the sister/cousin polls.

Good luck for the next steps.

inkalicious

Game Developer
May 29, 2017
I Didn't vote for them but still glad to see C mom. I already said that I needed to choose the only redhead available and so A mom. but to be honest about C aunt, my only issue with her it's her haircut which I don't find wide enough at the top, I don't now why but it look better to me in this screenshot so maybe I won't botter me much in the end.

At least it could mean that the ones I voted for won't be incest related if they made an appearance, which would be fine for me.

I voted yes about the mind break poll, because even if the story isn't about mind break I could still have fun at catching a look at the broken girls behavior or if things go badly for the main character.

I don't know which dog you talk about but too bad, can't wait to see the new dog and the sister/cousin polls.

Good luck for the next steps.
Yeah, her haircut. I'm not sure about it either, but it may change as the game progresses. I won't be altering too much, but things will need finessing in the chosen characters.
And the other models are earmarked for other roles. Oh yes.

I think the mindbreak will be exactly as you've said. To see how badly things can go wrong. Or cause a character you hate to go batshit crazy.
Who knows, if this project continues, then it may be that you lot vote it into being a mindbreaking game.

Ah, the dog. The largest breed won in the end. Almost a landslide. Unfortunately its mouth doesn't open (though it weirdly does have adjustable jaws and tongue). So more breeds to choose from in the next poll.

Thanks for voting and the other girls will be along in about a week (or less).

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
The largest breed won in the end
And will, always. So if you wish a real poll, choose only large breeds, otherwise just pick a large one and everyone will be satisfied with it in the end :) Size in beastly matters are important. We wanna see doggy style actually happening, not just some pup bouncing up and down on the girl's butt. The girl has to be able to get under the dog. Size has a "secondary" (hidden) importance as well. Makes it instinctively believable that the dog asserts dominance over the girl. Of course this isn't always important but sub/dom fantasies are present at least 50% of the time when beastiality is present. Plus its more realistic to see a large cock on a large dog.

inkalicious

Game Developer
May 29, 2017
And will, always. So if you wish a real poll, choose only large breeds, otherwise just pick a large one and everyone will be satisfied with it in the end :) Size in beastly matters are important. We wanna see doggy style actually happening, not just some pup bouncing up and down on the girl's butt. The girl has to be able to get under the dog. Size has a "secondary" (hidden) importance as well. Makes it instinctively believable that the dog asserts dominance over the girl. Of course this isn't always important but sub/dom fantasies are present at least 50% of the time when beastiality is present. Plus its more realistic to see a large cock on a large dog.
Go big or go home, eh? But what about the plucky underdog? The little guy who gives it his all. His little legs scrabbling to gain purchase while he jackhammers for all he's worth.

...That's what I imagine others might say. Probably.

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
...That's what I imagine others might say. Probably.
Its just your imagination, probably :rolleyes: In certain cases, the results are a forgone conclusion. But if you wish to poll it again, by all means, do so! But in my experience it would be best if you'd actually poll different big dog models as its not the size that should be in questions when it comes to dogs. Obviously if only one model has all the motions you require than there is no real reason for a poll. If only smaller dogs qualify, well.. that would be unfortunate.

inkalicious

Game Developer
May 29, 2017
It's now time for the rest of the family.

You can vote for:
  • Older sister
  • Younger sister
  • Cousin
  • Dog (vote re-run)
Regarding the dog. I've added Mom to show scale, but this doesn't mean dogs are her kink. Or does it?..
Unfortunately the existing dog models aren't on the same level as the human ones.
So...
  • They are low res models, both in texture and movement
  • Most have the same features. However the husky can only open and close its mouth, whereas the other two have fairly articulate jaws, tongue etc
  • I'll have to build a dog dick. God help me...
Voting is now open you wonderful people.
*EDIT: Voting over, poll removed

ilyo

Sep 6, 2018
Too bad the husky don't have at least an articulate tongue, I know some will prefer a more muscular look for the dog but I still voted for the husky because I find him more cute.

inkalicious

Game Developer
May 29, 2017
And here's the first incarnation of all our hard work: Buttons v0.005

It's a proof of concept and introduces the MC and some core concepts of the buttons. There's no pressing of flesh. Yet.

PC

Mac

Also not all of the code is finalized (e.g. mindbreaking poll is still running), so not sure if the next update will work with saves.

Meanwhile I hope you enjoy this little taster.

001_2.jpg 001_18.jpg 001_39.jpg 001_59.jpg

inkalicious

Game Developer
May 29, 2017
Ohmy, the dog choice isn't that easy anymore! :D
Too bad the husky don't have at least an articulate tongue, I know some will prefer a more muscular look for the dog but I still voted for the husky because I find him more cute.
...and now there have been more dogs produced for HS.
I'll stick with the current batch for now, but we may see introduction of other dogs later (if y'all decide that).

Reactions: GhostPhil

ilyo

Sep 6, 2018
Promising start for me.
I was surprised to see button on faces but since they can appear anywhere it's expected I guess.

The nurses calling each others "nurse+name" is overdo I think, calling them just by their name most of the time should be fine in my opinion.

The render feel kind of nightmarish to me with the light and sharpness, I don't know the story you want to tell but it change from the others games that use honey select as render and I like it.

inkalicious

Game Developer
May 29, 2017
Promising start for me.
I was surprised to see button on faces but since they can appear anywhere it's expected I guess.

The nurses calling each others "nurse+name" is overdo I think, calling them just by their name most of the time should be fine in my opinion.

The render feel kind of nightmarish to me with the light and sharpness, I don't know the story you want to tell but it change from the others games that use honey select as render and I like it.
Thanks for the feedback ilyo.

The 'nurse' is only used when the senior nurse is in the room, as it's needed. But maybe it's also the use of the 'nurse' in the titles that helps make it seem overused?
I'll take another look at its use, as there are more scenes in this room (though the formality doesn't last long).

With the lighting, it's intended, but only as the two scenes are set during a drink /drug binge and a hospital room in the evening. So, crazy distorted then sterile.

Glad you're liking it and thanks again for the feedback.

inkalicious

Game Developer
May 29, 2017
And here are the results for polls 6 & 7...

Mindbreak or not? Characters cannot be mindbroken.

And here are the MC's big sister (blue top), little sister (kneeling), his cousin (red dress) and the family dog (being friendly).

sis_cousin_dog.png

Many thanks for all who voted. The next poll will be along shortly.

inkalicious

Game Developer
May 29, 2017
OK. Writing is progressing on the next part, and the wider story. Now it's time to touch upon a touchy subject.

This won't be a female-only world. There will be other male characters, some of whom are already in relationships with female characters.
You won't see any sex between these couples, they're there to add plot and challenges.
You'll likely be able to take their women and no-one will compete for your woman's affection/body/soul.

For instance. You do have a father, who is alive and well, however he's not living at home, due to reasons.
He hasn't given up, but probably doesn't stand a chance and his presence could help unlock some buttons.

So what about these guys?
Their women will be cheating on them, but do we want to twist the knife a little bit?

Can there be some who are unwillingly cuckolded (forced to watch or know about it, out of love or other reasons) and others who want to be cuckolded?
And not-at-all-associated (probably), do you have an older brother?
And can there be MMF threesomes? Where you decide if, and how, they can participate?

So, next poll:
  • Will there be cuckolding (willing and unwilling)?
  • Can there be MMF threesomes?
  • Do you have an older brother?
*EDIT Forgot to add that if the content did exist, you could choose not to pursue it.

Anonymous poll is here. Happy voting.
*EDIT Poll complete and link removed

inkalicious

Game Developer
May 29, 2017
Will you think about a cuckquean option?
Had to Google that (just to be sure). So a female character gets off on her man being with another woman?

I'm assuming the man would be the MC?
Otherwise I can imagine the Holy NTR Hell that'd break out.

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes