4.00 star(s) 5 Votes

Bubbles and Sisters

Game Developer
Nov 25, 2023
1715549087341.png

This whole picture was a hell because we couldn't find a reference to it, found a google pic that was like 120x100.
had to redo both the characters feet and hands a lot to get it right. You can call it ugly and it shouldn't have 6 toes but it's not AI. Aura should get all the credits here and some feedback but please don't think its AI

Ratnedalu

Jan 11, 2018
I am an illustrator myself.

Let me have a big doubt about drawing 6 toes. It's often already difficult to place 5 lol.
I always have kinda wondered. AI had to have gotten it from somewhere, right? They don't exactly operate in a vacuum.

Corvus G.

May 19, 2019
I'm pretty sure it's hand-retouched AI, but some details have been forgotten
I'm probably being naive but I think imma believe the dev for now. I think it's just a combination of a natural sketchy art style, with a very unfortunate oversight. Arstyle is too consistent between poses, expressions, and outfits for an AI. Also neither eys nor ears have the natural shit that comes with it.

Biggest tell for me is the fact that the dev mistakenly left some references in the image folder. You can check it yourself if you use the unren.py thing, you can see the author left some references there mistakenly. Face and poses are the same, which you cannot get with ai in any sort of reliable manner.

So yeah. I don't believe its ai

c0mh1x

Apr 6, 2021
I always have kinda wondered. AI had to have gotten it from somewhere, right? They don't exactly operate in a vacuum.
Indeed and I will find other proofs.

Here, the images he used to generate backgrounds in AI, but he does not dispute it because it is impossible to deny it

• Haha
Reactions: kamikazedrew

Kuroyuki28

May 1, 2021
The main reason AI has trouble with that is that it only sees things on a per pixel level, and extrapolates from there. If the fed images has two people (god forbid) holding hands, it can cause the AI to extrapolate that there is a possibility for a "hand" to be this weird mush of 2 hands. Of course, the reality of it is a lot more complex, but that is the simple version. Human brains are really good at reading patterns in random splotches of dots and colors. AI is not good at vague patterns, especially when those patterns consists of millions of dots.

Bubbles and Sisters

Game Developer
Nov 25, 2023

Here, the images he used to generate backgrounds in AI, but he does not dispute it because it is impossible to deny it
what are you even on about?
the 2 animated ones are from a 3d background artist that tried to replicate the ai background. if you wanna know how I did the ai backgrounds I used gencraft and just promted over and over till the backgrounds kinda fit

Also the 2 other backgrounds there are made with the same AI, maybe not the basement I don't remember if that was or not

1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017
This is giving me vibes dunno why lol. Anyway good luck on your project.

c0mh1x

Apr 6, 2021
I'm probably being naive but I think imma believe the dev for now. I think it's just a combination of a natural sketchy art style, with a very unfortunate oversight. Arstyle is too consistent between poses, expressions, and outfits for an AI. Also neither eys nor ears have the natural shit that comes with it.

Biggest tell for me is the fact that the dev mistakenly left some references in the image folder. You can check it yourself if you use the unren.py thing, you can see the author left some references there mistakenly. Face and poses are the same, which you cannot get with ai in any sort of reliable manner.

So yeah. I don't believe its ai
I am exactly in these files and I notice that the hand-created references are far removed from the artistic style in play.

I would like to believe that we can draw in the sktech phase for reference, I do it myself, but my pencil stroke is visible both during the sketch and the result. 1715550388211.png

here we find a character completely generated by AI.
Why ?

1715550456845.png
I almost have doubts about using paint lol.

• Haha

c0mh1x

Apr 6, 2021
1715550669070.png

This is just a guess, but from my point of view as an illustrator it is absolutely not a sketch but a basic image for AI software with the result on the left.

• Haha

Bubbles and Sisters

Game Developer
Nov 25, 2023
View attachment 3629019

This is just a guess, but from my point of view as an illustrator it is absolutely not a sketch but a basic image for AI software with the result on the left.
It's me doing references for the artist. If you can find me an AI where I can draw like that and reliably make the same character over and over please tell me. Holy shit I'd make 50 hours of content in a day

garyH

May 25, 2017
Any current patch or option to fix stepshit or am I waiting for a later update to play?

c0mh1x

Apr 6, 2021
1715550835049.png

Now I can prove with certainty that it is AI.

Look at the coloring, by hand there will be 3 different techniques used.
Diluted, Gradient and Full Shading.
Why???
And the lines are both in paint pen and leave in pencil in certain places.

Maybe for you who don't draw this won't be obvious. But for me it's obvious.

• Haha
4.00 star(s) 5 Votes