Others Abandoned Brothel City [v1.6] [Darot Games]

3.10 star(s) 17 Votes

tehfish

Aug 22, 2016
A lot of people have mentioned the unicode settings, i can confirm some of them.

I've tried this both on my desktop and laptop. Same version of win10 on both, but with the non-unicode set to JP on my laptop and EN on my desktop.
Instantly crashes out on the laptop yet runs fine on my desktop. (haven't tried saves though, it crashes before needing that*)

*Major bug: after a certain amount of time you'll receive a status message from a prostitute that pauses the game and is not cancel-able. You get this message and it's game over if you click on it, for the game is permanently paused at that point.

Edit: Ignore that, i was apparently using an old and broken version :)

Seems fine now, works on both my PCs, even the one set to JP language.

Regarding the game, would it be possible to get some tooltips showing some info? especially when hovering the mouse over people in a building?
Also one other big issue i have is that once the town gets to a certain size (about to upgrade to a tavern), it absolutely murders the CPU and slows to a slideshow-like speed. Not sure how easy it would be to make the game use more than a single CPU core, but it really needs it :)

Edit 2: loading saves does not work - '???' is not a valid integer value.

Last edited:

F95

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 21, 2016
Game Updated

Bugs fixed and changes made list:

- Rooms numbers and visitors amount doesn'tincreases during buildings upgrade.

- Abducted girls now don't stand at the edge ofthe map but leave it.

- After trying to stop an offender Defenderssend you a message about was it successful or the Defendef lost the battle.

- Elite Prostitute and Geisha are removed from the hiring list. Because Courtesans become useless when you can hire Elite Prostitutes and they become useless when you can hire Geishas. So we thought that it would be right to grow your own Elite prostitutes, Geishas and even more - so now Courtesan takes 10% more gold for sex for each Corruption level she has. Starting from 10% at level 1 and finishing at +50% at level 5!

- Now you can hire Waitress not after constructing Inn but after constructing Dining Room.

- Sister of Charity correctly upgrades to the Priestess after pleasing 15 men.

tehfish

Aug 22, 2016
Couple of things.

- started a new game and i have one prostitute whose status is "has been stolen" for an extremely long time. seems to have bugged out

- saving/loading the game now works, but food/drink values are not saved, they reset to zero upon loading a game

-Trees get deleted if you place a building on them, but not paths. The only way i've found to remove a tree blocking where i want to put a path is to build another building on it, delete that building then put the path down.

- related to the above, is there a reason there must be one squares gap around every single side of a building?

- Sister of Charity correctly upgrades to the Priestess after pleasing 15 men.
How does this work exactly? I get the message at the top to say they can be upgraded, but theres no option i can see in the library, the temple or the sisters info page if you click on them...

Don't mean to sound too negative in this post though, i love where you're going with this game.
I'm especially impressed with the performance improvements in this latest version, gone from a slideshow to something that flies along. :D

moonanon

Aug 17, 2016
If a game is made in Unity could I unpack the .exe with a Mac copy of the free Unity dev kit and recompile for Mac? I'm dumb with computers but somebody shared I could unpack .exe flash files with a program to get .swf files which my Mac understands... So I was curious if that is something you can 'universally'... find a matching app and unpack or uncompile a game so as to recompile to a compatible format.

tehfish

Aug 22, 2016
If a game is made in Unity could I unpack the .exe with a Mac copy of the free Unity dev kit and recompile for Mac? I'm dumb with computers but somebody shared I could unpack .exe flash files with a program to get .swf files which my Mac understands... So I was curious if that is something you can 'universally'... find a matching app and unpack or uncompile a game so as to recompile to a compatible format.
I'd have thought it very unlikely, but potentially not impossible. I don't have enough experience with unity to know that for sure though.

I have done similar to what you're asking with Ren'Py based visual novels and recompiled the windows version to an android version in my case.

The SWF exe thing for flash is rather unique though, for it's literally just two files packaged together (SWF file packaged inside the exe player program) so is a far, far simpler process.

Saikuya

Not a Weeb
Donor
Aug 5, 2016
Couple of things.
-Trees get deleted if you place a building on them, but not paths. The only way i've found to remove a tree blocking where i want to put a path is to build another building on it, delete that building then put the path down.
If you use the path delete tool it should remove Trees, thats what I have been doing at least and its worked every time.

Muff Diver

Gaming Legend & LoneWolf
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
Aug 18, 2016
new version from patreon site 16 october up

Evergrey

Aug 7, 2016
hmmm....this is a nice management game, but heres my issue no matter what playthrough my guards get too tired to be effective after my popularity reaches 50 stars and thus become less effective to a point of failing all the time, i wish there was a way to assign living quarters or alteast upgrade the guard tower to have barracks so that my guards can sleep

Muff Diver

Gaming Legend & LoneWolf
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
Aug 18, 2016
new version up bugfix only - fixed "Out of Memory" error

Infamy

Engaged Member
Sep 25, 2016
Besides using cheat engine anyway to cheat in this or at the very least a basic walkthrough?

3.10 star(s) 17 Votes