• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN Flash Abandoned Bron's Quest [Beta 1.1] [Marble Syrup]

2.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Bueno

Apr 26, 2017
Game looks great but the humor seems extremely forced. Main character randomly rapes a girl in the middle of the street, am I supposed to laugh or be aroused? Feels like they are trying too hard making the story goofy.

Mr.Shark

May 5, 2017
Game looks great but the humor seems extremely forced. Main character randomly rapes a girl in the middle of the street, am I supposed to laugh or be aroused? Feels like they are trying too hard making the story goofy.
I don't really think they are trying to put any story at all... they just didn't want to throw pictures at you. I really doubt this will stay in full release.

Cirro84

Resident Evil-doer, part-time Candyman
Dec 24, 2016
'Crusoe', R:M, NW etc - Marble Syrup games normally are good quality distraction. I recommend them, if finished. They found their very own style. I like seeing that new one evolving, think they certainly know how to create a good VN by now. Will test it when there's more content to it. Hope the story is fine too...

Re:Maid was drawn by Lasterk
UPD: Or you mean My Housemate is a Maid Chapter 1?
I think it was Housemate, 'first try' - later from various sites (Maybe it's this one linked??). Let's say they 'borrowed' art at first for it. Later promised not to do it again. It's years ago, but had been really embarassing to a point for them. Public and such.
Not sure who the original artist / illustrator at that time was. He /she was japanese, seemed pretty cool about it iirc. No bad words from artist's side...

Lasterk worked for them on R:M already? It's not the same person, I can tell. Forgot about the rest of the story more or less, sorry.

Reactions: GoddessHaley

PomidorSenior

May 2, 2017
'Crusoe', R:M, NW etc - Marble Syrup games normally are good quality distraction. I recommend them, if finished. They found their very own style. I like seeing that new one evolving, think they certainly know how to create a good VN by now. Will test it when there's more content to it. Hope the story is fine too...
I really love Crusoe and R:M and when I played these game I became some kind of fan of MR team, but let's be honestly, NW sucks. That's short. Arts were taken from some old game (with permission of the author). And story is boring and some kind of stupid. NW is completely slapdash.

I think it was Housemate, 'first try' - later from various sites (Maybe it's this one linked??). Let's say they 'borrowed' art at first for it. Later promised not to do it again. It's years ago, but had been really embarassing to a point for them. Public and such.
Not sure who the original artist / illustrator at that time was. He /she was japanese, seemed pretty cool about it iirc. No bad words from artist's side...
While they were making Housemate they stole arts from some game/games. Guys, who had copyright on these arts, said them that MR should stop making that game or MR would get problems. That's why MR canceled the game and made R:M.

Lasterk worked for them on R:M already?
Lasterk made arts for R:M and now he works on Bron's Quest and

It's not the same person, I can tell.
I didn't get what you were talking about.

Forgot about the rest of the story more or less, sorry.
Play R:M with author's comments and you will learn the whole history of creation Housemate/R:M.

Reactions: Cirro84

Cirro84

Resident Evil-doer, part-time Candyman
Dec 24, 2016
... It's not the same person, I can tell.
I didn't get what you were talking about.

... Forgot about the rest of the story more or less, sorry.
Play R:M with author's comments and you will learn the whole history of creation Housemate/R:M.
My bad. XD

I tried to say Lasterk and that other artist (they had taken illustrations from at first) are different people for sure. Because you mentioned one of them. I once knew the name of the artist they took the original content but forgot it. All I can say - it was not the same, different art. Hope it's more clear now. :)

Ty for the info, yeah - NW may suck more, I didn't play it yet. Only know it seems short from VNDB. Lasterk might have been involved with Crusoe too then?
Played R:M a long time ago and liked it. They included some 'we are sorry' comment too iirc. You are right I think. I remember they first got called out for using content of unknown origin in Housemate without credit or anything, got asked if they actually had allowance. That's how it all started. In the end they apologised aso..

Edit: Yup, Neighbors Are Demons - that's Lasterk's art.

PomidorSenior

May 2, 2017
My bad. XD

I tried to say Lasterk and that other artist (they had taken illustrations from at first) are different people for sure. Because you mentioned one of them. I once knew the name of the artist they took the original content but forgot it. All I can say - it was not the same, different art. Hope it's more clear now. :)
As I know they have artist but he can't draws illustation like Lasterk (that artist make menu interface and etc.) that's why they hired Lasterk for R:M and BQ, and also asked authors of to share with them CGs.
Lasterk posted some CGs from R:M on his patreon to advertise game:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Ty for the info, yeah - NW may suck more, I didn't play it yet. Only know it seems short from VNDB. Lasterk might have been involved with Crusoe too then?
No, he didn't. Lasterk has his individual style and if you look at Crusoe and R:M you will see the different but also I don't know who made arts for Crusoe.

Last edited:
Reactions: ponyguy and Cirro84

kira

Aug 13, 2016
Does that female orc have a downward fang? What blasphemy is this!? Or is that actually a female vampire covered with green tan?

Catoblepas

Feb 9, 2017
Its almost been a year wonder what's taking them
I pledged Lasterk at the beginning of the year and back then he stated that he completed the illustrations for Bron's Quest-- even posted several screens / characters to his patrons. The last year has been one long slow bleed from MS.

PomidorSenior

May 2, 2017
"
Hi guys. Sorry for the lack of updates throughout August. Not a lot of work has been accomplished this month, bar some more graphics finished for the cheats thanks to our in-house artist Tanawat, but we (and by "we" I guess I mostly mean "I") are finally getting back in the groove, as of this morning. I don't know, for various reasons there was a lot of stress pent up which led to me just shutting everything out and I couldn't even bring myself to open my inbox since the last update, much to the chagrin of the other team members. I guess it was the fact I didn't really take any time off after Nympho Waifu++ that finally took it's toll. But... it was a really big relief to log in yesterday and see people weren't actually calling for my head here, so big thanks for that! <3
As for the forever evasive next BQ beta... it's coming! Just like winter to Westeros. Big thanks to all you guys who are still with us, despite the frankly silly amount of waiting."

Reactions: ponyguy

ator

Sep 26, 2017
Somehow there is no sound in the game?
Perhaps there is not enough files:remaid_5.patch & remaid_10.patch.

U

User_10739

Should have been Demo AF, Short AF or even Stupid AF...

DownTheDrain

Donor
Aug 25, 2017
Cheat codes??? The game is over in under 30 seconds...
Yeah, reading this thread I have to wonder if some people got access to a vastly more advanced version that I somehow missed. As far as I can tell there's no game here, no beta, no alpha... it barely qualifies as a demo introduction.

Reactions: ponyguy
2.00 star(s) 2 Votes