VN - Flash - Abandoned - Bron's Quest [Beta 1.1] [Marble Syrup]

1. 1.00 star(s)

Kommios

First of all, the unqualified positive: the character art is very nice.

The rest... Writing succesful comic fantasy, particularly comedy of the knowingly silly, fourth-wall-breaking variety, is quite difficult to do. Done well, it can be very entertaining. Unfortunately, the writer here hasn't managed to pull it off. The humour quickly becomes grating, and then outright irritating. The writer tries way too hard, and tries to insert humour into virtually every piece of dialogue or narration. Most of it falls flat as it simply isn't funny.

I didn't actually get too far into this game before giving up, due to the relentless attempts to crowbar in weak humour at every possible opportunity. The introduction of an "Eastern" character with a 'hilarious' stereotypical east-Asian accent almost made me quit at once. I gave the game a little longer, to see if it improved. It didn't.

I wanted to like this. Fantasy setting, comedy, nice art... But it's so badly written and executed that I found it completely unenjoyable. Not something I'm likely to play again, unless it's completely rewritten (by someone with an actual functioning sense of humour)
  2. 3.00 star(s)

Gagoloth

Pretty disappointed so far. Played through the content available at the time and found little to no engaging story or reason to be drawn in whatsoever. I realize this in't a novel but still you need something to get the players interested in besides good looking character design and generic game play.

Pro
    1:Art and character design is well done.

Con
    1: Writing is a joke.
    2: Very little to no content per update.
    3: Story is generic and quite boring.