4.90 star(s) 9 Votes

GeoShadowman

Jun 9, 2017
hold up you guys this was stolen by the artist and his friends by putting law suits towards the main developer, the artist left him because he hated this idea and took it towards cloud meadows crew leaving the developer with a lawsuit of plagiarism and theft of art so he left the game with regrets of ever hiring the artist. I was there when it happened.

D

Deleted member 51206

what killed the game was that they were raking in a fortune and didnt add anything worthwhile. Spurple leaving was just taking out the dagger from their backs, the BS community started getting pretty pissed due to lack of content.

Reactions: J_M

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
So going through this thread, the general consensus is that the artist killed the game, but if you ask me, it was well dead before that. Hbomb decided to redo the game over and over, so the project stalled many times, as a result the current "latest" version is not the best or complete version. I don't remember exactly which one but previous versions had more animations.
TBF a lot of those animations weren't that great. Some were, which is why I have every single version saved, but they were removed with the intent of bringing everything up to standard as a lot of devs do when they get more resources and increase their team size.

Tygrys

Mar 17, 2017
Here you have 2 articles read them and choose which one you believe but it won't change a thing that this game is dead. Only S-Purple is still trying to create a game while HBomb (to my knowledge) has gone silent even deleted post about S-Purple (where if you know what you say is the truth you just don't delete/hide it). So in my opinion S-Purple story is closer to the truth but its still not the whole truth and we won't get it cuz its in the past now.
- HBomb
- S-Purple

IZnoGouD

Dec 22, 2016
Too bad the game died. From what I know, the game has been around for a long time (4 years?) and it always had highs and lows. In the end the project was poorly managed (ultimately was his job to control the team and their goals - and even making sure the art created was property of the game...) and S-Purple was a dick. Not to mention they reworked the game once. H-omb could redo the game anytime if he really wanted. S-Purple only owns the art assets. The project was doomed to fail.

And to be fair, I'm no fan of S-Purple new project (I s pretty much him showcasing his pixel arts while everything proportions is small).

I really enjoyed the concept and was hoping for more content. I'm still waiting for a game that can par Breeding Season.

Dogless

Aug 17, 2017
I was going to upload this but sloth...

10k....... a month??? Jesus, making that much bank they should have just hired a new artist and carried on.
No it wasn't. It was the highest game earner in Patreon, making around $40K a month. It was the best game on Patreon, until the artist back stabbed the main creator, and began creating Cloud Meadow while getting 50% of the profits off this game.

Leo Dustin

Nov 5, 2016
Here you have 2 articles read them and choose which one you believe but it won't change a thing that this game is dead. Only S-Purple is still trying to create a game while HBomb (to my knowledge) has gone silent even deleted post about S-Purple (where if you know what you say is the truth you just don't delete/hide it). So in my opinion S-Purple story is closer to the truth but its still not the whole truth and we won't get it cuz its in the past now.
- HBomb
- S-Purple
Oh I believe in S-purple story, but also I believe that it was a Dick move from him not selling the art so he can start CM without competition

Boss Sappho

Aug 2, 2017
so what ever happened to hbomb, s-purple obviously moved on to cloud meadow but does anyone know what hbomb is up to

epidemico

Aug 8, 2016
so what ever happened to hbomb, s-purple obviously moved on to cloud meadow but does anyone know what hbomb is up to
HBomb quit. And everyone who doesn't believe S-Purple's side of the story is conveniently forgetting, or at least ignorant of the fact, that S-Purple has been the artist and animator behind three complete indie games before he was hired--keyword: HIRED--to be the lead artist for Breeding Season, along with being the lead artist for at least two other indie games--which he worked on for free and completed all the artwork for--that have yet to come out because the developers either disappeared, or grew extremely lazy.

S-Purple and the rest of the art team were doing streams of art (aka: showing the progress they were making on Breeding Season) every weekend leading up to HBomb deciding to abandon the project; and the people complaining that it's S-Purple's fault that the game died because he wanted to keep claim of his art assets (which HBomb agreed to in their initial contract) are also conveniently forgetting that before S-Purple even made his statement about their falling out, HBomb literally leaked all the art assets--which did not belong to him--of the game to the Web and played it off as him doing it to "get back" at S-Purple for "ruining" their project......when HBomb had been taking vacations and procrastinating on working on Breeding Season for months before the project stalled and was eventually cancelled.

Cloud meadows uses none of the art assets for Breeding Season, either; S-Purple just wanted to make sure his property wasn't used to make money through a game he was no longer going to work on. He quit because HBomb was such a shitty project lead, told HBomb he didn't want Breeding Season to use his art anymore--since he wasn't going to be paid for the game using his artwork--and, instead of hiring new artists to redo things, HBomb took all the money he'd made and left, effectively killing the project.

Seriously, guys. At least get your stories straight before you start spreading disinformation.

Tygrys

Mar 17, 2017
Oh I believe in S-purple story, but also I believe that it was a Dick move from him not selling the art so he can start CM without competition
It was not a dick move since agreement stated he keeps his art and concepts. Sure he could sell it to HBomb but why would he do it when HBomb wanted to kill his project (which he did).

Warsteel

May 26, 2017
Honestly, the art was my least favorite part of the game. The game itself was addicting, but the art wasn't anything special.

IZnoGouD

Dec 22, 2016
HBomb quit. And everyone who doesn't believe S-Purple's side of the story is conveniently forgetting, or at least ignorant of the fact, that S-Purple has been the artist and animator behind three complete indie games before he was hired--keyword: HIRED--to be the lead artist for Breeding Season, along with being the lead artist for at least two other indie games--which he worked on for free and completed all the artwork for--that have yet to come out because the developers either disappeared, or grew extremely lazy.

S-Purple and the rest of the art team were doing streams of art (aka: showing the progress they were making on Breeding Season) every weekend leading up to HBomb deciding to abandon the project; and the people complaining that it's S-Purple's fault that the game died because he wanted to keep claim of his art assets (which HBomb agreed to in their initial contract) are also conveniently forgetting that before S-Purple even made his statement about their falling out, HBomb literally leaked all the art assets--which did not belong to him--of the game to the Web and played it off as him doing it to "get back" at S-Purple for "ruining" their project......when HBomb had been taking vacations and procrastinating on working on Breeding Season for months before the project stalled and was eventually cancelled.

Cloud meadows uses none of the art assets for Breeding Season, either; S-Purple just wanted to make sure his property wasn't used to make money through a game he was no longer going to work on. He quit because HBomb was such a shitty project lead, told HBomb he didn't want Breeding Season to use his art anymore--since he wasn't going to be paid for the game using his artwork--and, instead of hiring new artists to redo things, HBomb took all the money he'd made and left, effectively killing the project.

Seriously, guys. At least get your stories straight before you start spreading disinformation.
You forgot about streaming Dark Souls on Picarto.TV instead of actually working on something.

4.90 star(s) 9 Votes