4.90 star(s) 8 Votes

Nightmare95

Feb 26, 2017
look like ancestor of "cloud meadhow" (or name like this) , very similar, and maybe created before and abandonned , then someone saw that and decide to create cloud meadhow. (or meadow, or whatever the name is , i guess you got wich game i talk about :D )

post about what happened

Turkis

Jul 17, 2017
Ah man I miss this game...too bad the team that started this got robbed of it and now Cloud Meadows is what it became to be and it sucks in comparison to this game.....the sad times hurts soo much......
S-Purple, the "dev" who started work on Cloud Meadows, was the lead artist on Breeding Season. He released the demo, which was a complete rip off of Breeding Season. When HBomb approached him about what's going on, he got silence. Than when S-Purple finally officially quit, HBomb tried to buy his art assets off of him (HBomb made the mistake when he hired S-Purple to let him keep ownership of everything he created, along with splitting all the money the game generated), and S-Purple pretty much flipped him off and threatened to send a lawyer on him if he continued to use his art assets.

So HBomb decided to just quit rather than go out and find a new artist and re-do all the art for the game. He was royally screwed over by S-Purple.

The project failed and was abandoned this is the last version.
S-Purple backstabbed HBomb, Breeding Seasons creator and stole the entire idea behind Cloud Meadows for his own financial gain.

look like ancestor of "cloud meadhow" (or name like this) , very similar, and maybe created before and abandonned , then someone saw that and decide to create cloud meadhow. (or meadow, or whatever the name is , i guess you got wich game i talk about :D )
Cloud Meadows is basically S-Purple's rip off of Breeding Season. He re-used a lot of his art assets from Breeding Season and the plot is similar to it.

Long story short: this one falied and someone decide to make cloud meadow with the same artist
It was the artist of Breeding Season, S-Purple, who made the game fail and stole the idea from HBomb, the creator of Breeding Seasons, to make Cloud Meadow.

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
ha, thats what i thinking... clear now :)
The artist, Spurple, actually killed the game. He secretly started working on Cloud Meadow while he was still being paid to work on this and then because of the way his contract was written, he withdrew all the rights for the creator of this game, HBomb, from using the art anymore, effectively killing the game. Then he took the percentage of the Patreon money from this game that he was technically entitled to as part of his contract and used that to start on Cloud Meadow.

He claims he did it because BS was overambitious and HBomb wasn't putting enough work into it to actually deliver what they were promising. To me it looks like he's running into the same issues with Cloud Meadow, and it's just a shittier game on top of that. He's just a fucking asshat no matter what was going on with BS IMO.

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
We can offer an opinion but....
I don't want this thread to get tribal over Hbomb and Spurple's personal drama.

Reactions: WKV
May 10, 2017
Oh i've heard of this. And what happened to it.
Hmm even tho it's abandoned. I'm curious Is there enough content in it to make it worth downloading?

Quinn

Jun 18, 2017
If anything this is at least a lesson for newbie devs to be careful how and who they hire. It sucks the project died I've followed it since very early days. And I can agree that Cloud Meadow is an inferior version of this game T_T
See You Space Cowboy

KissKissStudio

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 8, 2016
Um...no, Breeding Season is completely dead. S-Purple (the artist) separated and is working on a game called Cloud Meadow, which is almost the exact same game.
i know but why this game got updated?

Malaka

Jul 12, 2017
Loved this game, shame it died.

Thanks for uploading it, going to give it a night of my life again

brynhildr

Compulsive Gambler
Jun 2, 2017
i know but why this game got updated?
It's not updated. As far as I could see, this is the latest version that was uploaded last year - in fact, if you go and click on the blog, you'll see that the latest post is from July 2016 c:

If you mean, however, why it got uploaded in here, don't know. Other than the fact that wasn't available on this forum, maybe someone wanted to try it! Like me, for example xD

Virt-A-MILF

May 5, 2017
Breeders of Nephelm might be something that's in 3D pays quite a bit of homage to the game.

Only problem with it is it might take 2 years to be ready for decent animations to be implemented for the races. A one man production game takes too long and many people lose interest in it and funds slow down during development.

4.90 star(s) 8 Votes