4.90 star(s) 9 Votes

mimospros

Apr 2, 2018
Actually, no endgame and monster breeding with slow progressing traits upgrading, increase in monster's price and overall farm like gameplay: that was what was catching peoples in Breeding Season. There is NO need to endgame in this game. Actually... All that needed is, just like how it's done in most android apps now, sometimes pulling out updates with new content, that is hard to unlock, make grind slower, maybe adding some unlocks, that must be achieved to unlock possibility to breed some species between each other. Because rewarding animations was nice, gameplay itself was meditative and not so overburdening. MAYBE adding realtime gameplay would've been not so stupid... Because, while arousing, this game is not neccesarily can be used ONLY as jerk material.

F1forhalp

SOTD: ZZ Top - Thunderbird (live, 1975)
Donor
Oct 28, 2019
but there IS an endgame. or at least, there WAS from versions 5.x onward, haven't bothered with playing the last few versions because stuff had been cut out from like 7.6 or sumsuch. you get to pay off the debt. you get a scene when you do. that's the endgame, however you can just keep playing (means sandbox-ish).

26suspects

Apr 15, 2021
use this one: Adobe Flash player (standalone) , just unpack into any folder. then right click the flash file, choose 'Open with..' 'Browse..' and go to the folder where you've unpacked the player. pick that to open flash files (like .swf), check the 'Always opüen with' box, 'OK' and now every time you double click a .swf file, the player should open.
windoze versions 10 and 11 might complain about "boohoo this comes from another computer" but i guess you know that already when you use downloaded files.
just to be safe, do a scan after downloading a file from the interwebs. Always.
i'm using this very same player, and did a scan when i downloaded it, and right before uploading. still. always scan.
ah okay thank you, seems to be working fine for me now.

Reactions: F1forhalp

Styl1sh

Feb 15, 2018
the ai art is gonna kill this project. not even saying it as an ai art hater, but the style is honestly terrible in my opinion.
check out the earier versions of breeding season, the art was jank as well.
art can always get improved, but bad gameplay never goes away. see: cloud meadow

even incomplete, breeding season stays as one of my fav h-games of all time

SomeLewdGuy_

Jul 16, 2019
art can always get improved, but bad gameplay never goes away. see: cloud meadow

yea, I hope it get's better art, but right now it doesn't seem like he has plans to hire an artist. I'm still gonna play it though, as breeding season still remains king of h-games

F1forhalp

Donor
Oct 28, 2019

early versions art was leaning heavy on the LoK art and assets (afaik body parts, mechanics and whatnot), can compare the old drawing at the legendofkrystal(dot)com forum, should be still there. had it's own charm back then. some of them old animations were more appealing imo.

bardhorseman

Mar 8, 2021
early versions art was leaning heavy on the LoK art and assets (afaik body parts, mechanics and whatnot), can compare the old drawing at the legendofkrystal(dot)com forum, should be still there. had it's own charm back then. some of them old animations were more appealing imo.
Honestly, I go back to the older versions a lot. To me, it's worth it if there are more animations. I'd rather every monster pairing have an animation than have three pairings with great animations. And let's be real - a lot of the animations in the newer versions are underwhelming anyway. There's a lot of underwhelming armpit sex in the newer versions of the game. I'd rather see an LoK-style flash animation where there's a deep breeding creampie than see fancy animations of armpit sex (seriously, stallion x breeder is the most disappointing animation ever in the newer versions.)

F1forhalp

Donor
Oct 28, 2019
Honestly, I go back to the older versions a lot. To me, it's worth it if there are more animations. I'd rather every monster pairing have an animation than have three pairings with great animations. And let's be real - a lot of the animations in the newer versions are underwhelming anyway. There's a lot of underwhelming armpit sex in the newer versions of the game. I'd rather see an LoK-style flash animation where there's a deep breeding creampie than see fancy animations of armpit sex (seriously, stallion x breeder is the most disappointing animation ever in the newer versions.)
those different animations, which tell if breeding was successful or not, that's exactly my point. that's why i do like to play old versions.. and in the later 5.x (iirc latest with that art style) there's a game end, of the main story, so that's that. also i did dislike the removal of Aitako's pearl, for reasons. downside is the lack of gremlins but hey, the comment to the HERP DERP trait has it's own charm.

Brokoga

Jul 23, 2017
Figured more people might want to see this so I will drop it in here.

From H-Bomb received through Patreon.

Hey everyone, it’s H-Bomb! I know this might come as quite a surprise, it’s been a long, long time… I want to announce to you all that I am back and I’m starting a new project, and with it I hope to complete what I started with the original Breeding Season all those years ago. After all of this time I never gave up on the hope of one day finally fulfilling the promises I made to all of you, or at least as many of them as I still can. Now it finally feels like the time is right and I am prepared to try again with all the skills and experience I’ve developed since the original project. I want those of you who made an effort to reach out to me over the years to offer kind words and let me know that you still missed the project we started together to know that your messages meant an incredible amount to me, even if I only ever got to respond to just a fraction of those I would’ve liked to. And for those of you who so generously contributed so much to the original project but never got to see it come to fruition, even if you can’t contribute to this new project now, I want you to feel free to reach out to me so that I can try to keep you as involved as possible in shaping and directing this new project. There are a lot of radical differences that I’ve made in the setting, tone and art-style for this new project; I am very passionate about where I intend to take the direction of the story, but I am extremely interested in your thoughts, feelings, and feedback about the initial direction I’m setting out on.

F1forhalp

Donor
Oct 28, 2019
i believe it when it's finished.

anyway, thanks for posting this here.

HJdragon

Dec 3, 2018
Does anyone have the money cheat for version 4.4.1? cant find it anywhere

(edit) well you can edit the saves with save editor online if you know where the save location is at, that helped

Last edited:

F1forhalp

Donor
Oct 28, 2019
did you try moneybags.
(as in moneybags.1234 for 1234 gil)
not certain if that works in pre v5 though.

KullisUrus

Mar 18, 2018
Oh man what a nostalgia trip this game brings to me, played the original game and the "remaster/remake" that they did before dying into complete nothing. It it's just me or this kind of godly/original ideas always end up fucking killed by the creators?
But even after dying this stays as one of a kind game that lived enough to be good and died as it's was turning into trash.
Thats life for ya.

bardhorseman

Mar 8, 2021
Oh man what a nostalgia trip this game brings to me, played the original game and the "remaster/remake" that they did before dying into complete nothing. It it's just me or this kind of godly/original ideas always end up fucking killed by the creators?
But even after dying this stays as one of a kind game that lived enough to be good and died as it's was turning into trash.
Thats life for ya.
I cannot for the life of me understand why nobody has (seriously) attempted to re-make this or anything. I know about Cloud Meadow, but that really isn't the same, and I know there have been a few attempts, including a very recent AI-driven one (that I don't expect to go anywhere) but it just floors me.

Yurinohana

Jul 25, 2020
I cannot for the life of me understand why nobody has (seriously) attempted to re-make this or anything. I know about Cloud Meadow, but that really isn't the same, and I know there have been a few attempts, including a very recent AI-driven one (that I don't expect to go anywhere) but it just floors me.
It would take a LOT of work, is the short of it.

F1forhalp

Donor
Oct 28, 2019
also usage of the artwork is still locked by the artist. since the artist created it, it's his say-so.

4.90 star(s) 9 Votes