4.90 star(s) 8 Votes

bardhorseman

Mar 8, 2021
Is the main reason why people don't continue working on the game because S-Purple will pursue legal action against anyone who does..?
It seems like it, but we wouldn't have to use his art. Someone could make a virtually identical game with fresh new art and everyone would be happy. If I knew enough about this, I'd do it, but alas, a programmer I am not.

MasterAmaster

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2023
It seems like it, but we wouldn't have to use his art. Someone could make a virtually identical game with fresh new art and everyone would be happy. If I knew enough about this, I'd do it, but alas, a programmer I am not.
If you guys want a new game similar to BS, just say the word and we can make a design document together.
For a start, write down:
-what features you want to see in the game and what features you don't
-what art style and animation type you want to see: no animation (just static images), bone animation like in BS, or frame-by-frame like the HD animations in Cloud Meadow. Or maybe the tiny pixel ones? :D
-what monster types you'd like to be in the game (be realistic and list no more than 5) Because, we don't want to run into the same problem BS did. It was impossible for them from the start to animate all those pairings with each monster type + harvesting animations * 2, because 2 genders + special events animations, etc. If you want lots of possible pairings, then animation should be out of the question and the game should only contain static images of the breeding process.

(I'm a programmer and a beginner artist/animator)

Last edited:
May 3, 2022
If you're going to try your hand at this genre then don't make the mistake of making unique animations for each monster pairing. Instead make a set number of animations that all monsters can use. That allows you to have as many monster types as you've got space on the farm for and allows for futa variants as well (one of the biggest things Cloud Meadow misses out on, a singular futa species was not a good replacement). Instead you're only limited by body types/sizes, but it's a lot easier to work with that (and you don't have to worry about your favorite monster pairing having a boring animation).

The other difficult part of this genre is coming up with an endgame. You want to make the game largely open ended but need something to motivate the player to keep advancing after they've seen their favorite monster type and bred with it in every way they can.

Last edited:
Reactions: MasterAmaster

bardhorseman

Mar 8, 2021
If you guys want a new game similar to BS, just say the word and we can make a design document together.
For a start, write down:
-what art style and animation type you want to see: no animation (just static images), bone animation like in BS, or frame-by-frame like the HD animations in Cloud Meadow. Or maybe the tiny pixel ones? :D
-what monster types you'd like to be in the game (be realistic and list no more than 5) Because, we don't want to run into the same problem BS did. It was impossible for them from the start to animate all those pairings with each monster type + harvesting animations * 2, because 2 genders + special events animations, etc. If you want lots of possible pairings, then animation should be out of the question and the game should only contain static images of the breeding process.

I really like this idea. Frankly I think the basic catgirl, dickwolf, stallion, bull/cow monsters are essential. I loved later BS's individual personalities it would give the monsters.

Newone92

Nov 2, 2022
For a start, write down:

I really like old animations of BS 4.6 or less my top kink of this game is female mc pregnancy by ferals

• I just jizzed my pants
Reactions: bardhorseman

MasterAmaster

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2023
I really like old animations of BS 4.6 or less my top kink of this game is female mc pregnancy by ferals
I'm not sure I know what you're talking about. I've just tried out the old 4.6 version and you cannot breed the mc with any of your monsters and thus you cannot get the mc to get pregnant by them (you can only harvest them). Also, ferals were only added in much later versions of the game.

MasterAmaster

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2023
If you're going to try your hand at this genre then don't make the mistake of making unique animations for each monster pairing. Instead make a set number of animations that all monsters can use. That allows you to have as many monster types as you've got space on the farm for and allows for futa variants as well (one of the biggest things Cloud Meadow misses out on, a singular futa species was not a good replacement). Instead you're only limited by body types/sizes, but it's a lot easier to work with that (and you don't have to worry about your favorite monster pairing having a boring animation).

The other difficult part of this genre is coming up with an endgame. You want to make the game largely open ended but need something to motivate the player to keep advancing after they've seen their favorite monster type and bred with it in every way they can.
I think I would make the game in a way that there would be multiple outcomes based on the choices you make. For example, what factions you support. There would be multiple territories on the map with key spots/elements these factions fight over. During your gameplay you would have opportunities to support one faction over the other (by giving them key items, or by specifically breeding certain types of monsters or monsters with specific attributes for them), or you can stey neutral towards them, but it might cause unexpected (and maybe detrimental) results later in game.

bardhorseman

Mar 8, 2021
I'm not sure I know what you're talking about. I've just tried out the old 4.6 version and you cannot breed the mc with any of your monsters and thus you cannot get the mc to get pregnant by them (you can only harvest them). Also, ferals were only added in much later versions of the game.
you can breed the MC by selecting the same monster twice in the breeding screen.

Reactions: MasterAmaster

MasterAmaster

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2023
Well, that was a very unintuitive way to do that. But, at least they have fixed it for the latter versions of the game.

May 3, 2022
I think I would make the game in a way that there would be multiple outcomes based on the choices you make. For example, what factions you support. There would be multiple territories on the map with key spots/elements these factions fight over. During your gameplay you would have opportunities to support one faction over the other (by giving them key items, or by specifically breeding certain types of monsters or monsters with specific attributes for them), or you can stey neutral towards them, but it might cause unexpected (and maybe detrimental) results later in game.
That sounds like a good way to go about it to me, I had similar ideas for BS before its development ended where you'd support rebel factions by providing them specifically bred monsters.

Newone92

Nov 2, 2022
You can breed mc if you breed the same monster with himself , i talking about harvest, breeding and pregnant animations in this version it is more emotional than newer animations

Last edited:

BigCut

Dec 13, 2023
That's an awesome concept!

But...

You do realize that in order to get anywhere near the level of quality and consistent art design Breeding Season possesses alongside your suggestions, the game would not only have to be built with this in mind from the very start, it would require even more effort and time than what Breeding Season and Cloud Meadow has had poured into them put together, right?

What I'm trying to say is, it's not really feasible for a small indie team to make such a game reach a satisfactory full release.

I mean, it sounds really cool, and if a large enough team with plenty of funding and a neverending dedication to make it a reality was developing it, it might just work out.

But game development is freaking hard (not that I know from personal experience, I haven't gotten started yet, but I hang around a few devs and coders) and the more features and gameplay elements you add, the harder it becomes to keep a consistently high level of quality throughout the game, as you need to properly integrate all of those features into it.

If you have a multiple choice system in place, those choices all have to be tied into all other relevant gameplay elements, for instance economy, market supply and demand, NPC opinions, etc.

If you have a dynamic faction system on a world map, one which you as a player can influence, you need to account for every potential outcome and tie that into the rest of the game, so you don't end up with what is essentially two separate games with little to no impact on eachother.

In short, your idea would be awesome to play, but insanely hard for a small development team (especially one that hasn't secured plenty of funds up front), let alone a single dev to actually produce.

Most likely you'll end up with an abandoned game containing multiple half-baked features, and severely mentally exhausted developer(s).

I'm sorry to rain on your parade, but I've had to learn the hard way that game development is a lot more difficult than the Dunning-Krueger effect causes people to assume.

Edit: Shit, did I just lecture a game dev on game development without realizing it? My bad G.

Last edited:

bardhorseman

Mar 8, 2021
What I'm trying to say is, it's not really feasible for a small indie team to make such a game reach a satisfactory full release.
The original game was a little flash Newgrounds game. It didn't have a big team at all. What killed the game was the scope creep. we just wanna see combinations of monsters fuck. We don't need it to be as fancy as the quagmire that Breeding Season became and Cloud Meadow is becoming.

Look at the art in the original releases of Breeding Season. That was of sufficient quality. Not everything needs to be some huge Steam Greenlight project.

BigCut

Dec 13, 2023
What killed the game was the scope creep. we just wanna see combinations of monsters fuck.
Did you read the comment I responded to?

I wasn't making a generalized statement about Breeding Season fans, and I don't disagree with what you're saying.

bardhorseman

Mar 8, 2021
Did you read the comment I responded to?

I wasn't making a generalized statement about Breeding Season fans, and I don't disagree with what you're saying.
Ah, you know what, my bad. I failed to see the comment you were responding to in particular.

Reactions: BigCut

MasterAmaster

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2023
That's an awesome concept!

But...

You do realize that in order to get anywhere near the level of quality and consistent art design Breeding Season possesses alongside your suggestions, the game would not only have to be built with this in mind from the very start, it would require even more effort and time than what Breeding Season and Cloud Meadow has had poured into them put together, right?

I mean, it sounds really cool, and if a large enough team with plenty of funding and a neverending dedication to make it a reality was developing it, it might just work out.

But game development is freaking hard (not that I know from personal experience, I haven't gotten started yet, but I hang around a few devs and coders) and the more features and gameplay elements you add, the harder it becomes to keep a consistently high level of quality throughout the game, as you need to properly integrate all of those features into it.

If you have a multiple choice system in place, those choices all have to be tied into all other relevant gameplay elements, for instance economy, market supply and demand, NPC opinions, etc.

If you have a dynamic faction system on a world map, one which you as a player can influence, you need to account for every potential outcome and tie that into the rest of the game, so you don't end up with what is essentially two separate games with little to no impact on eachother.

In short, your idea would be awesome to play, but insanely hard for a small development team (especially one that hasn't secured plenty of funds up front), let alone a single dev to actually produce.

Most likely you'll end up with an abandoned game containing multiple half-baked features, and severely mentally exhausted developer(s).

I'm sorry to rain on your parade, but I've had to learn the hard way that game development is a lot more difficult than the Dunning-Krueger effect causes people to assume.

Edit: Shit, did I just lecture a game dev on game development without realizing it? My bad G.

I wouldn't start the game from scratch, because I would reuse as much code from my old game as possible. I know that game developement is hard. I've developped a game for 2 years just to get trolled and accused when I released the first preview of my game. Anyways, codewise that old game has solid code fundations so I'm quite confident that I can present you something to try in a month or two. But don't expect anything fancy! Only the core breeding and property management aspects and nothing more!

Don't try to overcomplicate the faction system in your head. It would be quite simple. There would be a few boolen flags for each factions. If certain conditions are met in a given amount of time than certain results would (most likely) to be achieved. I won't say surely, because this will be one of the underlying concepts of the game: the unexpected and the unknown. But codewise everything will be predetermined and hard-coded with finite choices. Nothing would be dynamic. So I'm pretty sure that the coding part would not be a problem for me. But one thing for sure that I would only introduce these additional things that I have in mind when the basic BS features are ready.

On the other hand, the art part would be quite a challange, as you've pointed it out. I'm not some big shot artist. (But one day ... hopefully.) But you can be certain that I can do those animations (in that style) that were in the earlier versions of BS. But that wouldn't be too much of a challenge. I want to push my art skills to the limit. So I'm aiming for something that is not so sophisticated as the latest version of BS and Cloud Meadow are, but also not something so "simple" as the earlier versions of BS were. I'm aiming for something in the middle. But we'll see how it goes. I've only done frame by frame animation so far, but I might go hybrid animation (puppet + frame by frame when necessary) on this one, I think.

"it would require even more effort and time than what Breeding Season and Cloud Meadow has had poured into them put together"

Breeding Season's developement time went from a decade to Infinite (or rather Never) the moment they've introduced all those modifiers for each monster type (feral, neoteny, etc.) I was quite active on 8chan back then (unfortunately). We've done the calculations. We have gave them solutions and warnings. Milking patrons was also part of the story as with Cloud Meadow now. Anybody who says otherwise is naive. When was the last time they've released an HD animation? Was it 2 years ago? Or 3? Even an absolute amateur artist who does rotoscoping for help could pump out a frame-by-frame animation in 2-3 months maximum. Do you know how I know it? Because I did it! It took me 1 month and 1 week exactly to do one frame-by frame animation cycle with 3 different breast sizes. And in the mean time I had enough time to make 2 more rough animation cycles. So yeah, they have no excuse! But hey, at least they have a roadmap now, right? :ROFLMAO:

Jupinel

Jun 6, 2020
TlDr; Autistic man (me) thinks he did something, actually turns out he did nothing.

I'm currently decompiling the .swf files and turning them into .fla in case anyone wants to play around with them.

I don't know shit about working in flash so this is just for shits and giggles on my part.

Also because fuck S-Purple in the mouth.

Edit:
All done, decompiled every SWF file and the SWF stuff inside the executable as well for good measure.
That means every script, every sprite, everything.
Not sure if I should upload it to a filesharing site or what, so for the time being if you want the decompiled source code for the game you'll have to DM me.

Edit 2:
Boy, am I retarded.
The ACTUAL source code has already been leaked.
Ah well, at least I had some fun and maybe I even learned something along the way.

Is the main reason why people don't continue working on the game because S-Purple will pursue legal action against anyone who does..?
Is it some sort of misguided "respect for his art", which considering how he fucked the rest of the dev team he really doesn't deserve (plus, you know, sailing the seven seas and all that)?
Maybe it's because nobody can, will, and/or wants to replicate his artstyle/remake the game with different graphical assets?
Or maybe it's just that nobody uses flash anymore. That's probably at least a part of it, right?

Fuck me, I think I've played every breeding game under the sun at this point, and I'm still hungry for more.

Hey, to be honest I don't think S-Purple will do anything, this is not like hacking GTA VI, and you are not making it for profit, so it would be weird to take legal actions.

If you start working on it, let us know and share your advances! <3

Last edited:
Reactions: BigCut

Jupinel

Jun 6, 2020
For a start, write down:

Okay!! Hello, I am a writer and translator, I have not participated a lot in this community, but this could be the moment, I am willing to work and learn things (including programming and drawing tools) to help you. I also have a friend who makes digital drawing for fun, I could call him if we start to do this seriously.

-What do we want?
  • I think the basics should stay:
  • Breeding
  • Animals (both ferals and humanoids).
  • The Genetic system that creates hybrids, considering the skin colors, traits...
  • The traits, it makes the game WAY bigger
  • Traits having visual impact sometimes
  • Some economy system, otherwise the game gets boring, if we don't make an economy system we have to include something that makes the game have some sense, missions, quests... The more things the better, but not if they are mandatory, then some people will stop playing if we force them to make too many things they don't want.
  • Some things depending on skill: Both management skill, and mouse skill, like the fishing game. Games with no skill required become boring.
  • We should preserve the concept of having Big creatures, and Small cute creatures. Why? Because it makes a good contrasts, and it works in many ways: Small fucking big, big fucking small, small futa fucking big, big futa fucking small...
  • Talking about that, one of the great things were futas, I would 100% preserve that.

-Animation Style
  • I think the most efficient thing is to have bone animation for the scenes maybe, or for when they are standing, they moved a little bit, but it was quite simple.
-Monsters

I see what you say, but maybe we could figure out a way to make it simple. The main attractive of this game is to have many creatures, so maybe we could make it work with functions f(x) and that shit.

With this, I mean, for example, to have a doggystyle animation, with 2 "skeletons" okay? Then, the game replaces the skeleton with the monster. How? Well, you gave each monster a height, and proportions, and with a function the game adjusts it. So you don't have the animations Pre-recorded, the game pastes each monster's color, hair, and everything, over the skeleton, and then adjusts sizes and plays the animation. That allows to have 100 hair colors if you want for example, without needing any extra effort. Well, the idea is to do the same with the sizes.

Just like "Super Deepthroat Game" does, take a look and you will see!

Please, let me know what do you think <3

4.90 star(s) 8 Votes